Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. Change favorites back to being alphibetical

How do I reset favorites to be automatically listed when saved in alphabetical order as it use to be? I want all favorites to be listed alphabetically not added to the bottom of the favorite listings.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Favorites  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Alphabetical sort is now controlled via a setting. This is set in the Favorites settings. To change this, click on Settings button on the toolbar, then in the Settings page select Favorites along the left side, then it should open up to the General tab. In the Sort By dropdown you can select A-Z

2. favorites

favorites on aol desktop does not have the old shortcut icon to add websites as favorites. we have to manually type the website to add it on the favorites toolbar.please add that feature back because it is much more covenient.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please click the heart-shaped icon on the top right corner of the web page, and select ‘Add to toolbar’ from the pop-up menu.

3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try to clear the Browser Footprints in order to solve the issue:

Here’s how:
    1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

If you still encounter issues call us at 1-888-265-3733.

4. Restoring Favorites

I saved my Favorites to my computer in case something happened I could restore them, well I deleted a folder by accident and when I went to the saved ones to restore the folder it won't open up, it keeps wanting me to save it again and again and it wont open the favorites I saved. How do I get the saved one to open up??

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please follow these steps:

1. Open the Favorite Places window.
    2. Click Manage.
    3. Select one of the following:
    -Replace: Use this to replace your current Favorites with your backup copy or Favorites from your other Username.
    -Append: Use this option to add to your existing list with your backup copy or Favorites from your other Username.
    4. Navigate to the Favorites file that you saved, click the file to highlight it, and then click Open.
    5. Close the Favorite Places window.

5. Dump the Favorites "upgrade"

Prior to AOL Gold the Favorites button was easy to use. Since the "upgrade" trying to locate a favorite results in frustration. It is extremely hard to locate what one is looking for as once a sub-folder is opened it stays open until manually closed - and, opening a sub-folder takes you back to the top of the list and you have to search once again for where it is in the list. Dump this "upgrade" and go reinstall the code for the old Favorites.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, we will share this with the product team.

In order to easily find your Favorite Places, you can search for them using the Quick Find box at the top of the Favorites window.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base