AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Two factor verificaiton

Two factor verification is becoming a real pain!!! I have to do it several times per week every time Windows or AOL updates. It is wasting my time!!! Nice to prevent hacking, but not at the expense of using the software.

131st ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. If there are posts about political biases in AOL, why are they "reviewed" with the Vote button turned off?

If there are posts in this forum about political biases in AOL, why are they "reviewed" with the Vote button turned off. There may be others who feel the same way about the subject but they are not allowed to "raise their hand" along with everyone else.

176th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "BLOCK EMAIL" made simple + easy!

PLEASE, include a "BLOCK EMAIL" option in the drop down window when an email is clicked on. Having to type in the address(es) in the current block email system is VERY tedious and they change their addresses hourly. I AM SICK-AND-TIRED of all these, "I want to have * w/ you." emails, etc. **! Make it easy!

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re adding more spam settings in the near future based on this type of feedback! Thanks for reaching out, so we can improve the ADG experience.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

4. aol really ** anymore. very slow,

aol needs to get on the ball. ** anymore. very slow. rooms not working 2 days now. might as well go out of business,

49th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. welcome screen

KEEP UR "ANNOYING" VIDEO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT UR WELCOME SCREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U LOSERS & LIARS

199th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Don't post Trump/MAGA ADS on the AOL Welcome page News Feed.

Don't post Trump/MAGA Ads on my AOL Welcome page news feed. I am a paid subscriber who refuses to listen to Trump/MAGA lies about anyone including the Democrats.

199th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How about adding some Fonts that are known to save ink when printing

Century Gothic
    Garamond
    Calibri
    Baskerville Old Face
    Brush Script
    Century School Book

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 20th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove from "MY" Favorites- Chat Rooms, AOL Bennefits and AOL Premium Services. At least give us the option

Option to delete AOL Premium Services, AOL My Benefits, and Chat Rooms. These are NOT "MY FAVORITES."

15th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restore being able to see the number of emails on each screen name when changing screen names

Restore being able to see the number of emails on each screen name when changing screen names. It was absurd that you removed this helpful feature just because someone whined about privacy!

12th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When I save multiple messages on AOL Desktop Gold, I receive a confirmation. However, when I save only a single message, I do not receive a

When I save multiple emails from AOL Desktop Gold into a folder on AOL, I receive a small confirmation message from AOL. However, if I save only a single email, I do not receive that small confirmation. Can you kindly fix this? The confirmation is very helpful because if I accidentally save a message into the wrong folder, the confirmation alerts me to my error. If a mistake is made and I have no confirmation, I'll never find the message again. Thank you for considering this.

199th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fraudulent advertisers

On February 23, 2020, I ordered and used my ATM card to purchase a top from NINACLOAK.Com who continues to show the same attractive tops as being in stock. My top has never been sent. In searching for their web site there are multiple links to reveal this is a scam advertiser. My bank is doing an investigation. I used their posted phone number and was placed on hold for over an hour with no response. These people are stealing the order payments from all who order their advertised tops. Please refuse their advertising.

104th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use an asterisk (*) to when you have multiple spam such as Version@choice.girtin.net, version@spondulicks.org, version@suit.hygeist.org. E

Use an asterisk () to when you have multiple spam such as Version@choice.girtin.net, version@spondulicks.org, Version@suit.hygeist.org. Example: Version@ That would take care of all spam starting with Version@ and no need to list each one in the Block Spam.

27th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. expand your browser

Your advice on how to expand your browser makes no sense. Step 1, Open screen you want to expand. You can't open the screen because it says Expand Your Browser. That is the problem. Catch 22.

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Incognito type browsing option on AOL

Provide a blind search or browsing option / experience like Google Incognito. I hate to search or open a web page for a hotel or vacation for general information and then constantly get E-mails and pop up ads for that item. This does not happen with Incognito and there is no browsing history.

49th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. blocking emails from "host" server

would be helpful if you could get a program written to block email that are coming with the designated server as "host" - i don't have any of my email contacts coming from "host" = they are simply coming from commercial entities that i do not need in my emails

119th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. #5 and #10 slots in your front page newsfeed are both taken by same filthy political attack ad. TAKE IT DOWN!!

5 and #10 slots in your front page newsfeed both taken by same filthy political attack ad. TAKE IT DOWN!! This does not belong in a newsfeed even once, let alone twice!

26th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. spelling dictionary

You "suggestions" as to how to fix the spelling dictionary don't work as there is no option under Mail for any spelling dictionary words. Yes, the words get underlined and you can right click and tell AOL to accept the word as spelled but in the next email, the same words get underlined as wrong again. Restore the Spelling Dictionary so that words we had to it STAY in it. Before we had to pay for AOL, it worked so much better. Now we PAY you and get far less than we used to. Please fix our Personal Spelling Dictionary…

71st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PLEASE stop posting photos of abused animals on welcome screen!

Many AOL users keep asking AOL to stop posting photos of abused or starving animals on the Welcome Screen, yet AOL continues to do so. There is no way to opt out of seeing these horrific photos, so you sign onto AOL and the first thing you see is a photo of an abused dog or other animal. I'm not sure any AOL administrator actually sees our requests on this because all we ever get is the robotic answer, "Thank you for your feedback." If any human AOL employee sees this, PLEASE do something about posting these horrific photos of…

19th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Beta 2738 Just installed and WON'T LET ME SEND EMAIL WITHOUT "TO:" field!!

AOL has ALWAYS allowed me to send BLIND CC's WITHOUT a USERID in the to: field ..
    Iv'e used this for over 10 years without having to put anything in that field,
    I need that back... WHO's BLIND userid can I put in that very public field?
    I consider this A BUG..

219th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base