AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The highlight bar does not appear after deleting an email worked perfectly yesterday, called aol support helpful but still does not work

Why change things that were working perfectly.........especially not notifying about the change. Bored, need to change things to **** people off?

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Icons interfering with my email titles (garbage can, read & recycle). I need to hover over title and read. Interfering with my business.

Horrible, icons slowing my business down. Why are these here?? If you need to update the product don't do things that are slowing people down. This is idiotic.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please replace the email counter on the sign in page so that we can see when we have new emails to attend to! Thank you.

Please replace the email counter on the sign in page so that we can see when we have new emails to attend to! Thank you.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AOL desktop gold update option

AOL desktop gold updates should have an option for either automatic or manual. Many software vendors do this.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When you continue demonizing Trump, you are also demonizing the other half of all voters of the USA-- your customers, stupid!!

Would you AOL editors, mind slanting your EVERY article a little more to the RIGHT, just to give your customers more comprehensive knowledge?

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The COMPOSE button starts an email. I go to the "To" field and type a name (for example Paul) that's in my contact list. But it isn't found

I click COMPOSE, then move the mouse to the "To" field and type a name (for example Chuck) that's in my address book. But the system doesn't find it because that name is not in the actual email address (continuing the example the contact list says "Chuck Kollars" ckollars9@yahoo.com). How can I get the address search to look at actual names too, not just the email addresses?

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. email in french

wen will aol fix problem I have bitched for years...all e-mail comes in French no matter useing any program to translate

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. adg

all my favorite web sites are gone

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Benetfits

$250 Extended Computer Protection
    Protect your computer regardless of its age, with up to $250 per year in hardware repair or replacement coverage...
    FAKE NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Search boxes

I found a tiny little red box upper right corner that says 'Search".. I used that and what I search for works.. Why is this big search box on the opening page? No need for it as it won't work.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. saving saved messages on AOL on a usb stick from relatives passed away

I have many messages where family has sent me jokes and messages of love and caring on my saved mail area. I'd like to save them on USB sticks in case AOL stops or won't save messages for us any more. this way my loved ones care and affection and memories won't be gone forever. Can you folks add that link to save them on A USB or disk option?

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PROBLEM WITH AOL COMMUNITY CONVERSATION TOOLS.

I PARTICIPATE ON AOL COMMUNITY CONVERSATION AND RECENTLY I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO EDIT, MUTE, REPORT OR CHECK NOTIFICATIONS. IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH AOL SOFTWARE?

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ADG latency

whenever you scroll through the emails it highlights everything the mouse passes through which is annoying. Please provide a fix to remove this feature which just showed up with the latest version 11.0.3316. How come we lost the feature whenever you add a new email address it automatically gets added to the address book, if you could please bring this back.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. yahoo

HOW MUCH BELONGS TO "AOL" & HOW MUCH TO "WORTHLESS" YAHOO ???????? R U ALL STUPID ?????? I HAVE HAD "AOL" 4 ALMOST 30 YEARS NOW.......SHOVE UR **** "YAHOO" WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE......ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE DAY WHEN "YAHOO" TAKES OVER U ALL, I'LL BE GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE MY WORD,I'AM NOT LYING,I HAD ENOUGH OF OF UR STUPID YAHOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DO THEY SHOW UP ON THE INTERNET AS A "VIRUS" ????????????????????????????????

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make it possible for users to print out a website address list of My Favorites

Please provide a way for an AOL user to print out the website addresses of all their Favorites. If I could have printed my Favorites I would have an easy reference now that installing AOL on a new computer did not populate my Favorites and to make it worse, I can't put any favorites in My Favorites on the "new" AOL installation.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stop sending sexually explicit spam, such as:

"Insta Hard--Problems getting hard? Watch THIS...", Male Solution..Time to reclaim your manhood through ancient Mexican secrets...", "Rock Hard....", " MORE SEX....SEX AND SENIORS!", Harder and Longer..Any Man Can Last 2.5 Hours in Bed by doing This....", "Increase Size...Hit This Pressure Point To Increase Your Size by 67%", "InstaHard Sex...Feminist HATE this ***** Trick....", "Stealth Attraction....how to make any girl want to bang yo (free video)..."

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why in the **** does this continue to show up periodically. GET RID OF THE **** THING.

Tiki Travel
    Travel savings, simplified
    Don't overpay for travel again. With one click, the Tiki travel assistant will find cash back offers between $10 and $50 on almost any hotel booking.
    Add to Browser - It's Free

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Every time I try to participate in AOL Conversations I cannot edit, mute or report, nor see my notifications. This is an ongoing problem.

Every time I try to participate in AOL Conversations I cannot edit, mute or report, nor see my notifications. This is an ongoing problem. Please help. Thanks

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. No comment section on controversial articles

Articles that AOL seems to deem the most controversial, like things about Trump now that he is no longer POTUS, do not have a comments section. What is AOL afraid of?

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tired of seeing Trump

In case you haven't noticed, Trump LOST the election. He is NO LONGER President of the United States. The Olympics are on, Covid-19 infections are rising significantly in many States. Can't you find REAL news articles to put on the Welcome pages? I am tired of seeing his face every time I open AOL.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base