AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New down load search to identify previously downloaded items

This feature creates multiple items of the original item

162nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How do I delete email headers & footers when printing?

If I don't want email headers and footers to appear on printed email, how do I turn this feature off by default? The workaround in print preview has an easy check the box option, but only for that particular email.

162nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PLEASE stop posting photos of abused animals on welcome screen!

Many AOL users keep asking AOL to stop posting photos of abused or starving animals on the Welcome Screen, yet AOL continues to do so. There is no way to opt out of seeing these horrific photos, so you sign onto AOL and the first thing you see is a photo of an abused dog or other animal. I'm not sure any AOL administrator actually sees our requests on this because all we ever get is the robotic answer, "Thank you for your feedback." If any human AOL employee sees this, PLEASE do something about posting these horrific photos of…

109th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When are you going to fix the address book so our print feature works again. If aren't going to be to print our address book anymore, then r

When are you going to fix the address book so our print feature works again. If aren't going to be to print our address book anymore, then remove the darn print button that is in it.

162nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. download manager

Please give me the ability to change the default folder used by the Download Manager.

162nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve toolbar with new icons, fixing distorted ones, and customizing the ENTIRE toolbar

Here are some suggestions:

1: Some of the icons are distorted and fuzzy. Please fix visual appearance.

2. It would be nice to be able to customize the ENTIRE toolbar. Some icons I haven't even touched, such as Explore or Finance.

3. The SEARCH button on the toolbar is out of place compared to the other buttons... it's dark. In previous beta tests (YEARS ago) it used to be either a yellow or gold color with dark text.

4. Can we please get some updates on some of the icons? For example, the EXPLORE icon needs to look like binoculars,…

162nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The word I should always be in upper case. When I type it as i, this is incorrect. GOLD program does not show this as an error.

The word I should always be in upper case. When I type it as i (LOWER CASE), this is incorrect. GOLD program does not show this as an error.

Second issue If I have to type a word or name that is correct for my
    use, I get a "QUESTIONABLE" along with YOUR list of suggestions. What happens if those suggestions are not what I need or want?  There is no way to correct or amend the word in the QUESTIONABLE area. There is no cursor in that area. There is also no way to save that word IN ORDER…

135th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Restore being able to see the number of emails on each screen name when changing screen names

Restore being able to see the number of emails on each screen name when changing screen names. It was absurd that you removed this helpful feature just because someone whined about privacy!

135th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Attachment Preview option

I use desktop software for email & I appreciate to have an option to preview the attachment prior downloading the attachment. In this manner can only download those attachments which are required for future reference and discard those after reading. This option is not currently available. Please do the needful to have this option and advise.

109th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. GRAY BAR APPEARS OVER CHAT BOX

WHEN I GO TO A CHAT ROOM IN THE CHAT COMMUNITY, THE CHAT BOX WHERE YOU TYPE IS COVERED WITH A GRAY BAR. THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN UNLESS YOU MAXIMIZE THE CHAT WINDOW. THE MINUTE YOU MAXIMIZE, THE GRAY BAR APPEARS COVERING THE CHAT BOX WHERE YOU TYPE. CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS?

162nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 162nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. news delete

Give me the option to delete your news feed, I don't need to be told how to think.

109th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Audio confirmation when saving a web site to Favorite Places.

I liked a feature on the old AOL software that gave you an Audio confirmation when you saved a website to a Favorite place folder. Very similar to now (on Gold) when I save an email to a folder on my "PC" you get an Audio sound plus a pop up box confirming the action. I don't need a pop up box but would like an Audio confirmation of my action.

135th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. there needs to be a way to save multiple emails, as a group to a flash drive or hard copy

there needs to be a way to select multiple emails, and save them all as individual files, to a flash drive, hard drive, etc so they can be used/viewed individually... OFF SITE from AOL or required internet access.

I have a situation where I need to make a copy of 249 emails and present them all, as separate, electronic files, as evidence in a court case. All 249 emails are saved - on AOL, in the PFC, and accessible... but only through internet access. I need to submit a flash drive to the court with all of the files, as…

135th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Address Book function

Before ADG it was possible to "letter search" the names and email addresses. That is, pressing the letter of the name or email address would take you to the first name/email address in the group with that letter. Have to manually tab down the list now to get to names/email addresses that we want to access or add to a group.

135th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. What the he heck

What exactly is wrong with posting "United Negro College Fund" in a chat room ??

109th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Addressbook- should keep the option to select either the first or lastname first to reflect when sending an email.

give the same option we have in the web mail - either display first-lastname or lastname-firstname

135th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I have two suggestions, first suggestion is to provide a grammar check as you provided the spell check.

First suggestion is to provide a grammar check as you did with the spell check to help prevent writing errors. Secondly, to allow the customer service to take the information from the customer, and to pass it along to whoever they may transfer you to if they cannot provide assistance. Having the customer repeat all the data all over again is stressful when it can be relayed to whoever they are transferring you to, and to save time for the tech as well.

109th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Save To My PC

When the heck did you change the 'saved to my pc'? It used to save to a folder in My Documents ON MY COMPUTER! It was great as I didn't have to get on line to sign in to AOL to see mails I saved to MY PC! I don't like the idea of having to sign on to my email account, which requires an online connection to look for something I saved to my computer. Please bring back that feature.

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Let me help improve available sound

Your 'new' aol voice/wav files or aol sounds for mail are aweful, they seem geared to a younger generation or something.
    I have compiled a folder of some sounds that you may be able to use that would be SO much better.

Can't someone review these and decide if you guys can add them to what is available to us? I put together only the short, non-offensive, simple wavs to use as sound.
    Can you at least look it over and consider them? If so, I will send them on to you.

109th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base