AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Old article

Today, April 2, is an article on your news page entitled "The Trump cartoon that may have gone too far". The article is dated July 6, 2019. Is there such a shortage of today's news that you have to run a 9 month old article?

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. politics

Half the people in the country are Republicans and half are Democrats. Older people tend to be more conservative and vote Republican. People who still use AOL versus gmail tend to be considered to be old and archaic. If so, that most likely means that a majority of people on AOL are Republicans who lean right, and support Donald Trump. Those people, unlike if you use gmail, actually pay AOL to post news articles that are 100% anti-Trump. I, for one, have never seen a positive article about Trump or his wife on AOL.

So, AOL is disrespecting a majority…

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. HTML attachments will not open

My MP4 and MOV files will open after I download them. HTML will not and I cannot find a place to enable them.

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Por sigt, can't sign in withot a typo

I have poor sight, consistantly messing up typo

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. AOL Lies

Get a brain you dumb F-ing . All you do is tear people up and destroy their reputation and good work. You are lower than whale at the bottom of the ocean. What would you smart be doing with the virus that gives you the right to on our president? You are mindless robots full of hate.

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AOL Gold Slow to Respond on Welcome Page, Changing User Names and Closing AOL.

AOL Gold Slow to Respond on Welcome Page, Changing User Names and Closing AOL.

I tried the below AOL solutions and they do not work. This has been an issue since launching AOL Gold. My other browsers do not have these issues. Why can’t AOL get this fixed? I use Windows 10 and have been a paying customer for 19 years.

RESPONDED · ADMINProduct Support (Product Support, AOL) responded · January 09, 2018
    To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:
    1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the…

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I do not have a cell phone and now I can not update my account.

You tpld me to update but I do not own a cell phone so U would not update my account I have had for over 20 years......

275th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. USE LESS GARBAGE FROM AOL

YOU PUT IN YOUR ANSWER BOX "GATHERING FEEDBACK" , in other words you are not going to do nothing about a problem that people face on your site except to blank it out so that you don't have to see it again!

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Widows 10 64 bit problems with AOL Gold

I have just acquired a new computer with Windows 10 64 bit. AOL Gold now freezes frequently. No problems with former computer. Is AOL Gold compatible with 64 bit? The computer shop have tested the computer and can find no fault. Any advice you can give me will be appreciated. I really like AOL and have used it since 1992.

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How to reset the AOL password on iPhone?

Passwords are the secret keys to keep any account safe. It should never be disclosed to someone. Make sure when you are creating a password it should be strong. If in case you are getting difficulty like How to reset the AOL password on iPhone? then take the help of experts and ask them all your queries just by dialling the toll-free number on how to change my AOL password on my iPhone.

For more:-https://getemailservices.com/reset-aol-password-on-iphone/

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. welcome screen

All news articles are now my welcome screen...it is still a problem. I will not call AOL tech help because this is where the problem lies. Here's how AOL tech help works.........if you do not pay for any AOL service they offer.....AOL tech help starts putting up pictures of a middle finger......then *****' & bells. These things are coming from AOL tech help period. Calling AOL tech help is useless.

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. weather

The weather report should return to its previous format of 7 days.

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Is there a way to consolidate similar mail folders as subfolders inside other folders. Better organization. Like Outlook.

It seems like there should be an ability to consolidate similar mail folders as sub-folders inside main folders. This will allow for a more efficient organization with respect to the mail folders. For example, If i have a College Folder, I should be able to create sub-folders like 2019, 2020, and then break those down to something like History 101, Math 120, etc.... This would be similar to what MS Outlook allows you to do.

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. sad

It is sad, yes sad indeed. AOL has 81 Welcome pages and NOT ONE of them have anything good to say about the United States nor about our president. AOL is a disgusting rag and anyone who believes anything these ***** write or say are either stupid or they also hate America. I cannot wait until AOL ceases to exist.

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Let's work together

Your blatant dislike of Trump has been apparent since he won. But could you please hold it down during this crisis? Instead of bashing him for how he treats (insulting) reporters at his daily WH press conferences, could you please focus on the crisis and how ably he is handling it. Highlight the positives, as lord knows we need those. There were reports from multiple private sector companies yesterday detailing what they are doing to help those in need, and you decided to give details about a question a reported asked about Seoul. Give me a break. The man works…

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Your system is getting slower by the day , wont load at all some mornings

stop gaming and some videos that use so much data , the rest of us suffer

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cross Icon, or two different types of crosses so we can mark 2 similar sites

You have church icon-good. But you need more than one, or a cross icon, and perhaps in a couple of types or designs of crosses. Thanks.

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Google News

As usual, I am reading Google News because it will take AOL a few hours before they catch up to whats going on in the world . . .

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. opinion

AOL....you disgust me. Why do you hate America. Can you not find anyone to work for you who is not a communist? Huff Post may rot in ****!

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Crashes by typing anything

Each time I want to type something within the AOL software (regardless of whether writing an e-mail, searching for something, typing an url into the browser) it stumbles ans crashes completely. Seems to have an allergy against my keyboard or ANY keyboard.

Best example is RIGHT THIS message I was forced to type with an alternative browser/software. Within AOL this would'nt have been possible to type! Several crushes would have been necessary to finish this short text.

Do something right now! It's really aweful!

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base