AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AOL and Publishing Truthful Articles

On the Welcome page there was an article today about how you might have household items that are worth thousands of dollars to collectors and you don't even realize what you might have in your home. The article was written by someone named Gur Tirosh.

In the article, this person said that Corningware pieces are worth big money and that if you have some pieces, you can get thousands of dollars possibly on eBay. I happen to have three pieces of Blue Cornflower pattern Corningware, so I got all excited from what I read. I went to eBay just to…

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. size of font

I have AOL on 3 computers. Each one has a different font and "look" to it before I open it. Your instructions say to open READ and go to Mail Options to choose the size of the FONT. Nothing I choose changes the size of the FONT. In the lower part of the box it tells you the FONT NAME and size. That doesn't do anything either. Is that what is expected? Thanks

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. blocked comments

At c. 9;50 am in the conversation section of news article"Riot declared in Portland protests after police kill man" A post I made, which is the exact post I've used before under different articles, was immediately rejected saying "Unfortunately, you are unable to take part in this conversation right now as your comments have been blocked too many times." This has been happening for days after I reported a problem and worked with Tech Support in an attempt to get another problem resolved CASE #16087280.After 22 years on AOL and 6 years commenting in the "conversation section" of news articles…

286th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Toolbar

PLEASE let us be able to configure the entire toolbar. Not many people use "Finance" and some of the other fixed icons that are on there.

"Local News" icon does not show any local news. Even changing the location, no news.

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. submitting feedback

can'post feedback..get error message ...unable to connect yo user voice on pixel

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Address book

AOL desktop Gold Address book changed. Now have to perform an additional step of selecting send mail every time to CC or BCC a person rather than having CC or BCC show up automatically after the TO box has been selected and I want to foward to others.

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. what have you done to my address book? Had it since you were my isp.

Bring back my old address book or I'm out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

286th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. outlook set up

Outlook set up for AOL user not working. Password issue.

219th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Aol desktop icon by system clock

I have the aol desktop icon by the system clock hidden and I have noticed that when windows boots up, the icon shows up for a few seconds and then goes back to being hidden.

What is the reason for this?

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Update or repair AOL phone tech support

For two days I have tried to contact AOL tech support via phone and after being placed on hold, my call is disconnected. This has occurred 9 times now

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update AOL Gold Browser

AOL Gold browser needs updating. When visiting sites such as ebay, the cursor does not appear in the search bar for the site. Google and Firefox work fine. ONLY AOL Gold has this issue. Paying customers deserve a better product

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The highlight bar does not appear after deleting an email worked perfectly yesterday, called aol support helpful but still does not work

Why change things that were working perfectly.........especially not notifying about the change. Bored, need to change things to **** people off?

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. saving saved messages on AOL on a usb stick from relatives passed away

I have many messages where family has sent me jokes and messages of love and caring on my saved mail area. I'd like to save them on USB sticks in case AOL stops or won't save messages for us any more. this way my loved ones care and affection and memories won't be gone forever. Can you folks add that link to save them on A USB or disk option?

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. why is it that every time I open Aol I have to put my user name and password in. even though I just minimize it.

Why is it that every time I open Aol I have to put my user name and password in even if I just minimize and then open it? It is very annoying

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How about adding voice and video ability like we had years ago?

How about adding voice and video ability like we had years ago?

219th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How about adding some Fonts that are known to save ink when printing

Century Gothic
    Garamond
    Calibri
    Baskerville Old Face
    Brush Script
    Century School Book

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. chat rooms

Why even bother with AOL , if you get rid of chat rooms?

27th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Now that the AOL computer system has erased ALL of my Mail GROUPS... I DEMAND that AOL put MY Address Book... with MY contacts... back on to

Now that the AOL computer system has erased ALL of my Mail GROUPS...
    I DEMAND that AOL put MY Address Book...
    with MY contacts...
    back on to MY computer...
    as a separate file...
    like it USED TO BE !!!!!!

AOL had NO right EVER to remove MY contacts from MY computer !!!!!!!!!!!

64th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please let us know if you have lost the contacts altogether, or just the groups you had saved on AOL Desktop Gold. And also, let us know if you can see the contacts/groups on mail.aol.com. You can use the Quick Find option on AOL Desktop Gold as well, to search for the contacts by their name/email address.

19. expand your browser

Your advice on how to expand your browser makes no sense. Step 1, Open screen you want to expand. You can't open the screen because it says Expand Your Browser. That is the problem. Catch 22.

253rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Quick Find - Select All- Delete

Hello, I have the most difficult time cleaning out my mail box. PLEASE YOU COULD HELP IN THIS WAY:
    Quick Find:
    Then IF you would ADD these options:
    SELECT ALL:
    DELETE:

I have to scroll to delete one email at a time..that takes hours that is why I don't do it. I have so many emails that I try to get people to send me messages in other ways. However I could quickly get ahold and manage my mail so much easier if for example:
    QUICK FIND: gnc
    then all my emails that say GNC would come up
    then
    SELECT…

104th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base