AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 185th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 185th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to open favorites. When I copy theURL for the favorite I want and paste it on INTERNET EXPLORER ti opens.

Unable to open favorites. When I copy theURL for the favorite I want and paste it on INTERNET EXPLORER ti opens

185th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. DISABLE SPAM CONTROL COMPLETELY

I want to disable spam controls completely. Your current program puts too many items into the spam folder including desired mail.

185th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use Tab Key to put more space in between embedded images.

allow us to use the tab key to put more space in between embedded pictures in the mail. Now I can only use the spacebar, and only lets me enter one space in between.

185th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How can I enlarge the headings at the top file edit mail news etc

How can I enlarge the headings at the top file edit mail news etc

185th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Making the compose box bigger

Make the compose box field on AOL Desktop Gold bigger or expand it so that when I compose an email, it will be the format the way what I want. Make it like what you have on AOL Mail website.

153rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have the format for the date and time be customazible.

Have the format for the date and time be customazible.

185th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Subject: Scroll bar and buttons are too close - need a buffer region between them

Subject: Re: Case #11254368
    Original Message: When reading e-mail on AOL Desktop Gold for Windows 10, the scroll bar is so close to the buttons that I often mistakenly hit the Report Spam button. I recently did that when reading email from an organization for which I am a member of the Steering Committee. It resulted in my being unsubscribed to the organization's email list. Highly embarrassing! Your representative suggested that I use aol.com where the buttons are on the top rather than on the side. Unfortunately, my emails are not saved to my Incoming/Saved Mail folder on my PC…

185th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. spelling dictionary

You "suggestions" as to how to fix the spelling dictionary don't work as there is no option under Mail for any spelling dictionary words. Yes, the words get underlined and you can right click and tell AOL to accept the word as spelled but in the next email, the same words get underlined as wrong again. Restore the Spelling Dictionary so that words we had to it STAY in it. Before we had to pay for AOL, it worked so much better. Now we PAY you and get far less than we used to. Please fix our Personal Spelling Dictionary…

110th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Aol Desktop Gold

Suggest you offer an option in the settings for mail to always show oldest "New" mail at the top, and newest at the bottom permanently. Currently, I have to click on 'Date' every time to reverse the order of display!

185th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Incognito type browsing option on AOL

Provide a blind search or browsing option / experience like Google Incognito. I hate to search or open a web page for a hotel or vacation for general information and then constantly get E-mails and pop up ads for that item. This does not happen with Incognito and there is no browsing history.

110th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Restore original AOL features and Upgrade Values of News Content

There are many issues that need to be addressed in AOL Gold and I have reached out many times to customer service. It takes 15 minutes for the program to let me sign in... My major complaint is the content in which AOL is reporting in the news feed. It is one step away from The Nat'l Enquirer. Celebrities who crave publicity and crooks who prey on children seem to spotlight the headlines. I won't bother mentioning politics since we all are aware of the bias...AOL used to give choices as to what news we need on a daily basis.…

110th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Return to the old version of COMMENTS ON AN ARTICLE. When a person replies and you click on it it WILL NOT take you to the response.

Roll back the programming on being able to comment on articles. In the new version when someone replies and you click on the link it does not take you to the comment to respond. Instead it open the article and you have to click on show more replies in every section and begin searching for the comment. It is time consuming and tedious. Is is NOT USER FRIENDLY!

110th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 97th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 110th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please upgrade your Billing System to allow Members to pay manually.

Please upgrade your Billing System to allow Members to pay manually without using your Auto Pay system, I find it very inconvenient that I have to call in every month (my paydays do fall near my billing date) to make a payment over the phone, plus; there's no option to post a different amount other than what is owed.

185th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The print on e-mail is a very light blue. It should be darker like this line.

the print on e-mail is very faint. It should be darkr, and larger

185th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use an asterisk (*) to when you have multiple spam such as Version@choice.girtin.net, version@spondulicks.org, version@suit.hygeist.org. E

Use an asterisk () to when you have multiple spam such as Version@choice.girtin.net, version@spondulicks.org, Version@suit.hygeist.org. Example: Version@ That would take care of all spam starting with Version@ and no need to list each one in the Block Spam.

72nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export Address Book in AOL Gold to the AOL App

I have been told by AOL Tech Support that the address book from Desktop Gold or aol.com cannot be obtained from the cell phone app of AOL. I would like this added so I do not have to log onto a computer to obtain contact information such as telephone numbers, addresses, notes, etc. Just having their email address available is not enough when you are away from your computer. If not possible, please make it easy to export this information to another email app or program such as Outlook or Google.

153rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base