AOL Desktop Gold
This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!
This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.
Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.
196 results found
-
aol mail ad's web store a fake, fraud
I tried to by a Christmas themed wall decoration with led lights from an ad on my AOL mail, but marlowlaneo.com seems to be a fake online store in China that Norton is now blocking, so we are out over $50. AOL does not seem to vet or stand behind their advertisers.
69th ranked -
FIX YGM
Get YOU'VE GOT MAIL back working like it always was. It been 2 year since it has stop work properly. I just can't understand how hard it can be to get something that simple to not be able to FIX it.
69th ranked -
When I post something on AOL News my whole email address shows instead of first name
Why is it when I post something and someone replys to me it shows my whole email address instead of just the first name like everyone else. This is dangerous as if I say something the person does not like they can email directly to me.
69th ranked -
I'm having viewing mails marked as unread, i is not showing the content of it once you view again but aol homepage screen
'm having viewing mails marked as unread, i is not showing the content of it once you view again but aol homepage screen
69th ranked -
CUT BACK ON THE VULGAR SPAM 9/25/2026
CUT BACK ON THE VULGAR SPAM 9/25/2026
69th ranked -
69th ranked
-
How about letting me comment!
Your comment on "‘Wheel of Fortune’ Fans Blast Show for ‘Worst Puzzle Ever’ After Cancer Survivor Loses Car - AOL" violates the community guidelines and has been rejected
publisher's logo
Chester Sat 19 Sep 2026 06:57:12 PM
Never heard of that word.
Learn More
Please explain what COMMUNITY STANDARDS are being violated here! I have not been able to post a comment for YEARS! I have even posted the word TEST and get the same violating the community standards nonsense! I must have made one of your censors really mad!69th ranked -
Font size on MY computer becomes too small or too large, even though I did nothing to change it
When I type an email in Book Antiqua 12 point, the type size changes on me. Now it looks like Book Antique 6 point -- even though the setting are correct (Book Antique 12 point) and I did not to instigate the change.
This has happened multiple times. It has been temporarily "fixed" by reinstalling AOL Desktop Gold. But the problem keep coming back. That is, the typeface size changes on its own -- either becoming too small to read or too large to use.
The recipients of my emails DO get them in the proper size (12 point). The…69th ranked -
what happened to the news stories that used to pop up when I mouse-over the weaather icon
what happened to the news stories that used to pop up when I mouse-over the weather icon?
69th ranked -
Desktop Gold ads
Unable to remove the welcome screen when opening the AOL Desktop Gold. Please fix the issue asap.
69th ranked -
Scrolling Improvement For "My Mail Folders"
Over time I have created numerous folders under the "My Mail Folders" area of the AOL email template. The created mail folders, by default, arrange themselves in alphabetical order. Unlike most alphabetized menu listings, in any typical program, one cannot open their list of folders and simply press a letter key, G, H, S, etc., to be advanced down the list, to the folders that begin with that letter of the alphabet. At present, one has to slowly scroll down through 50 or 100 email folders, to get to the folder names that begin with whatever letter of the alphabet…
69th ranked -
You are advertising a scam company, CHICV, on your welcome page. Please stop!
AOL is large enough it should check out its paid advertisers allowed on its "Welcome" page. One of those is CHICV. I paid for product because of your approved ad on the Welcome page and never got a confirmation of the order. And the company does not respond, in Asia.
Also Trustpilot has many complaints of poor products or no products. I paid through PayPal, thinking it was safe. I complained to them to stop allowing CHICV to use their payment plan. Now I am advising AOL they may be allowing a scam company to use their welcome page to…
69th ranked -
69th ranked
-
impossible to copy/paste a list of emails as before in the to: field
Why isn't it possible to copy/paste emails. I explain. If I create an email with 20 contacts, save it in draft, come back later want to copy/paste the 20 emails to create another email, this is impossible, I find this crazy!
195th ranked -
AOL HAS HAD SOME AWFUL SERVICE! AS A PAYING MEMBER, AOL SHOULD HAVE BETTER PROGRAMS, EXTRAS LIKE LIFELOCK, MCAFEE, ETC. SELDOM WORK!
AOL SELDOM WORKS CORRECTLY! AND, AOL OFTEN GETS HACKED! AS A PAYING MEMBER FOR MANY YEARS, THE AOL PROGRAM SERVICE IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. AOL DESKTOP IS AWFUL (STATES IT IS UP TO DATE,THEN DOES NOT FUNCTION), AND AOL IS VERY JUMBLED AND SLOW. AS A PAYING AOL MEMBER, I DID RECEIVE EXTRAS LIKE VPN, COMPUTER REPLACEMENT INSURANCE, MCAFEE, LIFELOCK, AND OTHER. BUT, SOME DO NOT WORK CORRECTLY FOR MANY YEARS! MCAFEE KEPT DISCONNECTING AND WANTED TO CHARGE ME FEES! LIFELOCK WANTS ME TO PAY THROUGH NORTON! I STARTED PAYING FOR AOL SERVICES IN EARY 2000'S. AOL CHARGED ME APPROX $11/MONTH…
69th ranked -
What's the deal with this ???
all i see id aol desktop gold
Message from Leaf:
That explains the problem. AOL Desktop Gold is the program you’re using to open Ancestry.com, and it may not complete Ancestry’s browser validation check reliably. Windows 11 can still be compatible; the issue is likely the browser built into AOL Desktop Gold rather than Windows itself.
You’ll want to install and use the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox on your Windows 11 computer, then sign in to Ancestry.com there. This should avoid relying on AOL Desktop Gold’s browser for the security check.69th ranked -
On aol desktop gold i have a different print preview since i got a new printer
Since i got a newer version of my printer, on aol desktop gold i cant choose how many pages i want to print anymore
69th ranked -
Stop reformatting my documents!
Please stop reformatting my documents! I used to be able to copy and paste documents with my own easy to read formatting. AOL has decided to alter every document I attempt to send by changing my spacing, not only between sentences but also between paragraphs. Just stop it!
69th ranked -
Add checkboxes in mailbox
It would be great if you could add the OPTION to enable checkboxes for messages in the mailbox. This way when enabled we don't need to hold down the control key to select multiple messages
69th ranked -
URGENT - CASE # 34509437 (Agent Oliver) Spent over 75mn - NOT RESOLVED - PLEASE HLP
URGENT - CASE # 34509437 (Agent Oliver) Spent over 75mn - NOT RESOLVED - PLEASE HLP>
I have been with AOL over 25 years now --- I had this issue before, and it happened again>
MY FONT ISN'T WORKING PROPERLY - I always used GEORGIA 12PTS. (Writing and receiving emails) and Your agent tried every which way and it still did not work>
Last time about 4-5 years ago had similar issue and it was resolved within minutes.
Please I cannot use any Fonts - and the fonts that I have is HORRIBLE - I cannot read properly.
PLEASE RESOLVE…69th ranked
- Don't see your idea?