AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Download nest app for pc

To successfully Download nest app for pc we have to do some steps. If you get stuck at any point then you can ask the experts for instant support. They are your friends in need. Without thinking anything, you can dial the number to seek fast support. To connect with them for the Nest app for pc download issues, you can make use of the toll-free number or simply leave an email on our email address.

https://camfixya.com/nest-app-for-pc/

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hello! I started out hating AOL Gold but have grown to love it. The following glitches should be fixed, h(mostly) love it. The following

The following 'glitches; on AOL GOLD should be fixed. First, when I try to "manage' my Mail Folders (for instance, rename one of them) it doesn't 'catch' and register when I make the change and press SAVE...... It just stays there and then when I look, the change didn't register.
    Also, when I go to save an email, sometimes there is no arrow if I want to choose "Save on my PC" as opposed to "Save on AOL". Then other times both arrows are there. Could you please fix this so it works all the time? Finally, I see you…

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Restore the link to "My Portfolios" on the Finance page. That link was dropped a few months ago but restored after about 2 weeks.

Restore the link to "My Portfolios" on the Finance page. That link was dropped a few months ago but restored after about 2 weeks. It has been dropped again for at least a week.

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Shame on you

These are the types of comments coming from the unhinged letft that you are not allowing me to respond to since you've blocked my participation in the conversation. What is your justification for that? AOL is now the problem because it let's comments like this go unchecked. Shame on you:

Someone replied to you on

@Timothy4760 replied to you on Trump paid $750 in U.S. income taxes in 2016, 2017, New York Times reports:

Posted 9/28/2020, 20:11

You may want to get a new tinfoil hat, the reception you are getting seems a little foggy. It is deflecting pretty well…

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. as an AOL member since 1992 AOL should not change anything asking me to "prove i am not a robot"g

as an AOL member since 1992 AOL should not change anything asking me to "prove i am not a robot" it scared me

213th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AOL Gold needs waaay better customer service, especially Tech Support

AOL Tech Support is outsourced to several countries: Mexico, India, Indonesia, the Philippines and Romania. Most of the Tech Support people in these countries are near unintelligible. The Romanian people speak the best English of the very worst of the bunch. I have been disconnected many, many times after explaining the problem, at length, with no mechanism in place for the Techs to call me back. This is all BEYOND FRUSTRATING. I spent over 3 hours on the phone and Bamgar session to reload AOL Gold, twice, and troubleshoot the problems, only to be disconnected back to a dial tone…

213th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. First, you can expand the mailbox window size by following the steps: 1. Drag one of the four corners of the mailbox window to your desired

AOL – September 24, 2020 – set size of email window:
    First, you can expand the mailbox window size by following the steps:
    1. Drag one of the four corners of the mailbox window to your desired size and position.
    2. In the TOOL BAR AT THE TOP, click " Window" (between SAFETY and KEYWORD!) then choose " Save Window Size and Position" from the drop-down menu.

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AOL Gold Where's the positive feedback?

AOL Gold Email tabs freeze and lockup mailbox program, Won't let me shutdown AOL program, Won't let me select: sign-on at program startup, won't let me disable search window, won't let me disable sounds or change mail settings. On installing newest AOL Gold 11.0.2844 to try and correct this, I lost all my 15 installed Tool-Bar settings and Favorite Places bookmarks. Additionally, everything runs slower in general than my old AOL Gold program. I've never seen an email program or online program so problematic and wishy-washy, unreliable. I would be embarrassed to sell a product like that.

AOL claims the…

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Email folder/speed/funtionality problems

"HOT Fixed! - slow loading/switching mailbox folders" fixed nothing and caused more issues. I was really excited to read that you were finally addressing this problem. If anything the folders are even slower loading after this update. Also the Quick Find feature is now mostly broken. Works sometimes, not others. I need fast loading folders to sift through work-related emails. Why is email functionality not a priority with your team? I'm sure there's a lot of users who like the desktop software for work-related emails. I don't like AOL webmail. Please improve the desktop software email.

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. welcome screen

KEEP UR "ANNOYING" VIDEO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT UR WELCOME SCREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U LOSERS & LIARS

213th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. unable to post on articles conversations, the thought police are going to far when opposing views are expressed .who is policing the comment

I am currently unable to post comment on articles unless I have a liberal point of view, who is policing the comment police? I would like to hear from aol on my particular situation but calling and talking to aol they cannot help me at all or wont...
    nothing I commented was inappropriate btw... so lets just skip that idea

213th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Don't post Trump/MAGA ADS on the AOL Welcome page News Feed.

Don't post Trump/MAGA Ads on my AOL Welcome page news feed. I am a paid subscriber who refuses to listen to Trump/MAGA lies about anyone including the Democrats.

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. If there are posts about political biases in AOL, why are they "reviewed" with the Vote button turned off?

If there are posts in this forum about political biases in AOL, why are they "reviewed" with the Vote button turned off. There may be others who feel the same way about the subject but they are not allowed to "raise their hand" along with everyone else.

189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. AOL gold freezes every day

Everyday AOL GOLD freezes up and I have to use Google. Why am I paying you to use your desktop if it does not work!! YOU SHOULD BE PAYING ME TO USE AOL GOLD!!! Don't force people to use this ****! FIX IT ALREADY!! I AM PAYING YOU 3.99 a MONTH SO IS EVERYONE ELSE!!!

7th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When I save multiple messages on AOL Desktop Gold, I receive a confirmation. However, when I save only a single message, I do not receive a

When I save multiple emails from AOL Desktop Gold into a folder on AOL, I receive a small confirmation message from AOL. However, if I save only a single email, I do not receive that small confirmation. Can you kindly fix this? The confirmation is very helpful because if I accidentally save a message into the wrong folder, the confirmation alerts me to my error. If a mistake is made and I have no confirmation, I'll never find the message again. Thank you for considering this.

189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Beta 2738 Just installed and WON'T LET ME SEND EMAIL WITHOUT "TO:" field!!

AOL has ALWAYS allowed me to send BLIND CC's WITHOUT a USERID in the to: field ..
    Iv'e used this for over 10 years without having to put anything in that field,
    I need that back... WHO's BLIND userid can I put in that very public field?
    I consider this A BUG..

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Two factor verificaiton

Two factor verification is becoming a real pain!!! I have to do it several times per week every time Windows or AOL updates. It is wasting my time!!! Nice to prevent hacking, but not at the expense of using the software.

138th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Get rid of the point system! It means nothing except a popularity contest and that is NOT what AOL is supposed to be!

The point system is a popularity contest and that's disgusting! If people don't like a post then, fine, thumbs down, but now giving points for the number of posts, the number of posts that are liked or read, is ridiculous, unfair, and totally disgusting. GET RID OF IT!

113th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base