AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Apparently, nobody at AOL even reads these comments, or even cares what their customers think.

Apparently, nobody at AOL even reads these comments, or even cares what their customers think, or what problems they are having.

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why do my comments keep getting rejected??

Why are they always rejected??

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How about everyone drop AOL

aol is payed for a service they say they can provide. The issue of not being able to see my Favorite page has been sent to AOL several times. Maybe it is the Desktop gold that is the problem. Even an aol tech could not / can not correct the issue. How many people like paying for something they can not have? Maybe people should drop aol and find a more trustworthy service

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. AOL Gold-previous commentator

I was a loyal UK commentator during the early days. I now find my AOL Gold is inaccessible and I have lost my Address Book. I am happy to pay but this is blocked. Please make AOL Gold accessible to the UK. Alternatively, return the earlier version of Address Book - which is used on Gold

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Rejected posts

This is the third time I posted this and have read comments from others too. Why, without YOUR explanation, do you reject posts in the news area. I have been a paid member since the 90's and have NEVER had a comment rejected. WHO does this, so I can contact them. I have talked to tech people several times. I would like this resolved since I never go against the guidelines! I am a nurse and have posted to many who have thanked me for valid information.

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Spam controls

Why can I no longer add addresses for Spam mail that is flooding my Spam folder? I've added the addresses but there is no "save" button so it does no good.

AND now Spam is getting into my regular email box. It didn't used to. Why is the service so downgraded from what we've been used to?

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disney Plus does not work with ( AOL GOLD BROWSER )

Disney Plus does not work with ( AOL GOLD BROWSER )

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Submitting Bug Reports are Useless

.I have 2 computers with the same AOL problem involving Premium Security. Bugs have been submitted 7 days ago and still not fixed.

I have been an AOL paying customer for over 18 years and this is what I can tell you. Years ago, when a problem was reported it was fixed during a phone call. Or, it was escalated with a commitment to respond within 24 hours.

Now we have the following:

1. The phone call- in tech always wants to reinstall AOL, usually without positive results
    2. The next step is for the customer to submit a Bug. The phone…
    4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Get rid of 3 boxes aat end of email subject line.

Several months ago, you added 3 boxes at the end of the email subject line. I have accidentally deleted emails before I could read them. This is a stupid idea. Please get rid of them....

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Not seeing the replies in article

unable to see the replies or likes that i receive from other people, it just reloads the page without displaying my comment.
    already cleared cache, log out login ,still the same.

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why doesn't the 'delete' key actually mean delete? Why do you then have to go back and "permanently delete". ?

Having to go back and "permanently" delete items us ridiculous and a huge waste of time, energy, and digital space for which there is no good reason. The delete key just ought to say "permanently delete" and be done with it.

31st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Boycott garbage AOL --- a corrupt, pro-censorship, Leftist brainwashing site.

Boycott garbage AOL --- a corrupt, pro-censorship, Leftist brainwashing site.

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Get rid of the (3) icons to the right of each email. Especially the trash one. I keep accidently deleting my emails, and can't retrieve them

Get rid of the (3) icons to the right of each email. Especially the trash one. I keep accidently deleting my emails, and can't retrieve them

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Tech help needs help!

I tried to install a paid version of Gold on a new hard drive. One tech called me and we installed a program to let her do the install. She couldn't and then told me it was due to over 1000 viruses on my computer. Another called me back and tried to get me to pay Microsoft $99 to repair my computer. I'm a tech myself. So I found a link and installed the Gold software myself. I've been with AOL since they were out on floppy for dial-up. Bad advice is not what your Tech people should be putting…

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. my emoji is not working properly it does not print on an email the way it is pictured

my emoji is not working properly it does not print on an email the way it is pictured

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. McAfee

I am tired of calling the McAfee support and going through the same fixes that do not work. I have been getting notifications that my free McAfee for multi devices is expiring. I have talked to the McAfee support now at least 3 times and they have done the same fix each time. But weeks later I get the "about to expire" notice. Clearly you cannot fix the problem which says a lot about AOL's lack of expertise. Tired of paying over $30 a months for benefits that do not work. Fix it now or I leave AOL. progres@aol.com.…

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Why can't I copy and paste from the "Search" link? I can from the "Go" space, but not from the "Search" space.

Why can't I copy and paste from the "Search" link? I can from the "Go" space, but not from the "Search" space.

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. auto suggestion contacts when sending new mail

please have the auto suggested contact be able to remove or delete option for those incorrect contact to be selected when someone s in hurry

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)