How can we improve the AOL App?

Notifications

Bring back where the email is sent from. After the last update it doesn’t display where it’s from only the first couple of lines of it’s content.

10th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gail Daley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back who is sending me mail. This is now like the robo calls I get on my phone

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a problem for two months and is still “under review”? You removed the most valuable piece of information on a new email - who sent it - making the notifications useless. It’s a trending issue among your users. Please fix this!!!

• Maureen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I signed up for emails from Bealls department store and aol won’t accept them. How do I add them to my contacts list so they’ll come through. Thanks.

• Cheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Came in to finally post my negative feedback regarding email notifications not including the sender. But I see it has been trending feedback.

On that note, please allow me the opportunity to weigh in: 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

Getting an email notification without sender information is just STUPID! Fix this please and quickly...not sure who made that brilliant decision but it’s a BAD one!

The app notifications (banner and locked screen) on my iPhone only indicate “NEW EMAIL” and not who email is actually from. I’ve selected setting to show 1 line (which is supposed to included from and subject).

The app notifications (banner and locked screen) on my iPhone only indicate “NEW EMAIL” and not who email is actually from. I’ve selected setting to show 1 line (which is supposed to included from and subject).

Bring back notifications like they were before. Annoying to see all those long notifications on home screen

Keep getting the same alert every day multi times a day for more than 10 days. Please stop. ICYMI.

• Sabrina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back sender name in notification. No need to see so much content. Please fix!!!!

When you changed the app Notifications to send more details of the email content, you removed the Sender. It’s the most important information on a new email. I can’t tell anymore if the email is one that I need to check immediately or one that can wait. I don’t care at all about the additional information you added. Please put the Sender back.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All notifications of emails now just say “new email” rather than then the sender name like it had in the past.

Feedback and Knowledge Base