Skip to content

AOL Mail Norrin

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

281 results found

1. Add spell check

How do I spell check my messages? Fire the folks who changed a perfectly good messaging system. Your Geeks have too much time on their hands. Good enough is perfect!

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hire someone that can help me

My wife passed away last year, I had her phone turned off about a month later, I know her password but can not get in because you want to send the authorization code to her old #. I've called support about 3 times and was told to call back in a couple days, I'm tired of no help. Who or what department do I need to contact

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. We're very sorry for your loss.

In the unfortunate event of a death of the billing contact for an AOL account, ownership can easily be transferred to another AOL Username already listed under the account.

Note: If you don't own a Username on the AOL account and would like to make changes to the account, please contact one of our AOL Customer Support Team Representatives at 1-800-827-6364.

3. check mark to delete all in trash and a check mark to delete all read messags...Not have to click each one to delete....very time consuming.

when you want to delete a e-mail or empty trash and spam give us a check mark to delete all in trash and or e-mail as it is now I have to delete each one at a time...I do not have the time to do that. Just on check mark to delete all that is in trash and one check to delete all that are checked in email....worked great before please bring it back....

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. You should see a ''Select All'' button right above your emails. If you need help navigating the New AOL Mail, please contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at our AOL Customer Care page. If you do not have a social media account, we are available at help.aol.com.

Thank you, 

AOL team

4. Losing my new mail.

Missing mail because AOL is landing randomly on message in my new mail box. When selected, It does not load from the top.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, we'd like to hear more about this issue. Could you please contact us at help.aol.com so we can look into it? We're also available on Twitter @AOLSupportHelp.

5. See who is blocked

I want to be able to click and see who is blocked overall on my aol.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Viewing what I type

How do I set the email so I can see more than 3 lines of what I am writing?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. In case the Compose window is too small, you can either enlarge it by clicking the double arrow next to the ''X'' button or make your Compose window large by default, by going to Settings>More Settings> Writing email>Full-Sized

7. what happen to the mail theme? It's no longer there.

What happened to the mail theme? It's no longer there.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. NEED Advanced Search Options!

NEED Advanced Search Options! We NEED to be able to search EACH folder, not entire mailbox. NEED to be able to search by... Subject, Key Word(s) and/or Numbers, Sender (name or e-mail address), date (both specific and range), etc.!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. when forwarding an email the send button disappears

When I forwarding an email the send button dissapears...it is not on the top of the bottom????? have opened and reopened mail numerous times, restarted computer...this is an ongoing issue.

Also font is very difficult to read

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. Once you forward an email, the Send button no longer applies, but you do have the ''reply'', ''reply all'' and ''forward'' button at the top and bottom of the email, see the arrows icons. You can hover over them to see their exact functions.  

10. I want a way to turn off VIEWS folder.. It just popped up the other day

I want a way to turn off VIEWS folder.. It just popped up the other day

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3rd World email Format

The forced implementation of the current sub standard email format is highly unprofessional, and your inability to respond to User complaints is very ignorant . How very sad that you haven't the moral fibre or courage to answer the User concerns and comments.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. The older version is no longer available. If you need help adjusting to the New AOL Mail, please contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at our AOL Customer Care page. If you do not have a social media account, we are available at help.aol.com.

Thank you, 

AOL team

12. Can only see my Husband's AOL, I want access to mine without the verification

we share a computer , can we stop the 2 step verification just to view my e-mail?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. We appreciate your feedback. If you wish to save your credentials on the same computer and not have to sign in every time you need to check your emails, you can use a different browser. 

13. Access to Old Emails

How can I access old emails that were sent/received a long time ago, and that are counted in the total number of emails displayed?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. If you still have those emails, you should use the Search feature from above your mailbox. Click the Search field then click on ''Mail''. You can then use the advanced drop down to narrow your search. If you need help, please contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at our AOL Customer Care page. If you do not have a social media account, we are available at help.aol.com.

Thank you, 

AOL team

14. How can I change my name on AOL to my name after my divorce?

How can I change my name on AOL to my name after my divorce?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. To update your name (when sending emails), please go to Settings>More Settings>Mailboxes, click on the email address on the mailboxes list then edit ''Your name'' on the right side page, click save. If you wish to also update your account name, click your account name from the top right corner, click ''Account info'', sign in again and on the Personal Info page you can click ''Update personal details''. 

15. Terrible retention policy

Because I was locked out of my account for over a year (because AOL locks all help behind a paywall), years and years of my personal emails were deleted by AOL, even after I paid for technical service and was told they would repopulate. Really really disappointed in the company. Years of my life - gone.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If your account has been inactive for more than 12 months, the mailbox was most likely purged, more info here: https://help.aol.com/articles/reasons-aol-deactivates-or-deletes-an-account Once emails are being purged during the inactivity period of the account, they are deleted from the servers as well. While your recent login reactivated your account, the data deleted is not recoverable. To avoid this issue in the future, please make sure to access your account at mail.aol.com or the AOL app at least once a year.

16. AOL était formidable au début... Au dernier repreneur de la marque, maintenant, c'est devenu atrocement banal et fade

AOL était formidable au début... Au dernier repreneur de la marque, maintenant, c'est devenu atrocement banal et fade.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. The older version is no longer available. If you need help adjusting to the New AOL Mail, please contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at our AOL Customer Care page. If you do not have a social media account, we are available at help.aol.com.

Thank you, 

AOL team

17. Confirmatory check each time I wish to access my AOL e-mail is annoying and too much.

I am having to send myself a check in code, every time I look at my
    e-mail account. This is very annoying. This, and the new format is not making the use of AOL e-mail attractive and easy to use. I don't mind the account check one a week, but every time I wish to open my account is security overkill.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If there's something unusual about your sign in or recent activity, we'll ask you to go through another verification step after you've entered the correct password. This helps protect your account from unauthorized access. You may be prompted to get a verification code on your AOL app, recovery phone number, or recovery email address for any of the following reasons:

AOL notices suspicious account activity.

You're using an unfamiliar browser or device.

You're traveling away from your usual location.

You sign in while using a VPN or a proxy server.

You've logged in with a private or incognito window.

There are many attempts to sign in with incorrect passwords.

The "First time signing in from this device" message appears.

You've cleared your browser history or data cache including cookies.

18. ***@aol.com

Bonjour, je n'arrive plus à rajouter ou modifier une adresse sur mes listes de diffusion
    Comptez vous y remédier ?
    Merci

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. To be able to add an email address to a List, it must be first added to your general contacts. To edit a list, please click on the ''Lists'' tab from the Contacts page/window, select the list you wish to edit from the drop down menu (arrow), click ''Edit list''. To add a new contact, type it in the ''Add contacts'' field. If you wish to remove a contact, click the ''x'' from that particular contact. Then click Save. If you need help navigating the New AOL Mail, please contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at our AOL Customer Care page. If you do not have a social media account, we are available at help.aol.com.  

Thank you,  

AOL team

19. Inbox issues

I don't like the unified inbox. I like to keep the e-mails which are really important or need action in my inbox and less important e-mails in the old e-mails folder. With the old version, I could change the order of columns in the inox and so have the delete button and the icon showing attachments nearer the left-hand side. I could also see which e-mails in my inbox I had forwarded or replied to. If it is possible to get these features back, please can you let me know what to do. I tried using the help section but…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. You can switch back to New/Old view. To do this, please go to Settings (gear icon)>More Settings>Viewing email>Inbox style. If you need help navigating the New AOL Mail, please contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at our AOL Customer Care page. If you do not have a social media account, we are available at help.aol.com.

Thank you,

AOL team

20. AOL got rid of sound options

I want to know when mail arrives with a different sound. Right now there is only one. The sound I want only plays when email is open. I WANT IT TO PLAY WHEN EMAIL ARRIVES There used to be an option for different sounds. Where did that option go??

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. To enable notifications with the sound you wish to hear when you have new emails at login or when a new email come in, please go to Settings (gear icon)>More Settings>Notifications. 

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Mail Norrin

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base