Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

113 results found

1. NOTIFY CUSTOMERS WHERE AOL MAIL IS SAVED ON YOUR COMPUTER

When one buys a new computer any AOL mail is saved on your existing PC, it is lost due to the fact that AOL’s Programmers failed to allow you to pick a folder to save those e-mails in so that you can easily transfer those folders to your new computer. AOL wants to charge for technical support to help you with moving the files to the new computer when all AOL customers should be able to do it easily. Just one more bad problem with AOL GOLD Desktop. I do not expect to pay a dime for AOL technical support…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to export the personal filing cabinet (PFC) has been made available in the last update. To export your PFC, go to Edit – General Settings – My Data (tab) – click on the “Export” button, select a location where you want to save the PFC file, then click “Save”. After this you will be given the option to create a password for the PFC file, this step is mandatory, so make sure to write your password down after creating it.

The .export file can be moved to another computer, using an external storage device or online file storage service, and can be imported in AOL Desktop Gold, by going to Edit – General Settings – My Data (tab) – and clicking on the “Import” button (the previously created password is required).

Please note that the .export PFC file cannot be opened, and in order to…

2. Email address for AOL to forward fraud. That way we can alert AOL of stuff currently circulating.

Most companies have a email account where one can forward, from their personal AOL account, to that company to report a suspected fraud email. Such as: abuse@AOL.com This would save a lot of time. PS What is user voice?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Update mailbox.

E mail says to update my mailbox. Sounds fishy. Is this legit?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Clicking on a link for a Zoom conference breaks AOL.

Found out this is a feature, not a bug, using the browser contained within AOL's ecosystem. Workaround is forwarding the email to another address or accessing AOL mail via the web. This is about security, I was told by a tech, but it's pain. Zoom is VERY widely used in these coronavirus days, so AOL, please get with it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing.
    To do that, please follow these steps:
    1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

5. I would like to see the email address not the senders name in my inbox

I would like to see the email address not the senders name in my inbox.
    Please change back. Now I don't know who is sending emails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Autofill addressing prevents typing new addresses.

Addressing E-mail does not allow me to enter https://..... without automatically inserting the wrong address from stored addresses. I am trying to send a message to Microsoft billinginfo and cannot do it. Very frustrating. Please fix the bug.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The https:// prefix is a part of a web address, and is used only when accessing web-sites (is not used in email addresses). Please check the correct email address before sending the email.

7. AGAIN MY MAIL HAS DISAPPEARED!!!!

AGAIN MY MAIL HAS DISAPPEARED!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please refresh the mailbox. Click on Mial option > Refresh Mailbox.

If the issue persists please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 in order to have one of our Technical Support Agents further investigate the problem.

8. Why can’t we access old email on our PCs instead of having to log into AOL Gold?

I spent over two hours with your techs today trying to make sure that I could download my archived AOL emails to my PC. I have 20 years worth! Only after the full two hours did they finally admit that there was no way to download them on to your PC. You can only access them from inside the desktop software. AOL has effectively taken ******* of thousands of my emails. They’re doing this to everyone. In an age where we’re all the more concerned with our personal privacy, how can AOL justify this? The only possible reason this is…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now save a copy of your emails as a PDF or Text file on your computer, which can be accessed outside of the AOL Desktop Gold.

To do this, open an email from your mailbox, then click on File on the top left and select Save from the drop-down menu. You can type a name for the file in the “File Name” box, select the location where you want to save it, and finally click on Save in the bottom right.

Please note that you can save one email at a time.

9. New version 11.0.4121.0 is no longer compatible with Windows 7

After spending more than 2 hours with live help, I was informed that the subject version no longer plays well with Windows 7 (embedded photos in mail crash the software and opening a file in desktop gold no longer works) As others have said, I like Win7 and don't like the later versions. The latest revision cuts out your Win7 users and I'm contemplating dropping my almost 30 year subscription to AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Official AOL Emails should be marked as such more clearly

Mark official AOL emails more clearly like they were before. They seem to have a slightly different color mail icon but previously the icon & the actual email when opened was clearly indicated as "Official AOL Email". Also if they are indicated as official AOL correspondence how do these emails sometimes end up in the Spam/Junk folder? In this day of so much spam it is important to know what is official.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. AOL Log in issue

Whenever we travel to Scotland, I am always having an issue with my
    Password and a lot of changes is happening on my account last week of August. It's very inconvenient. Please get a fix on this as soon as possible for us to stay longer on AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Your IP address is your location online and each session should start with the same few sets of numbers. Click any recent activity entry to view its IP address as well as the date and time it was collected. If one is drastically different from the others, remove it and change your password. Be aware that there are some legitimate reasons why your history can show unfamiliar locations, such as your mobile or AOL Gold software detecting the wrong location or Internet provider using a proxy server.

12. Trouble Deleting Emails

Lately, when I click on an advertising email in order to delete it, the email tends to open up. Is this intentional on aol's part in order to increase clicks? I find it annoying and a waste of my time.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please restore the headings! I need who the emails are from and who I sent them to printed out with the email.

Please restore the headings! I need a record of who I sent emails to and who emails are from!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please follow these steps in order to print the email header:
    1. Open the email.
    2. Click on the ‘File’ menu on the top left.
    3. Select ‘Print Preview’.
    4. Check ‘Show headers and footers’ from the top left.
    5. Click on the ‘Print’ button on the top left corner of the Print Preview window.

14. The 20 times a day I check my email, each time I pull up the email window, have to adjust the column widths. Make them format-able.

The 20 times a day I check my email, each time I pull up the email window, have to adjust the column widths. Make them format-able.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Drag one of the four corners of the mailbox window to your desired size and position.
    2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “ Window” then choose “ Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

15. delete or move multiple messages

using the shift delete keys are not functional. Your ASSumption is that the e-mails are consecutive within the in-box. a LARGE majority of the time e-mails to be deleted OR moved are scattered throughout e-mail. in the prior AOL version ( which I am told is no longer available) each e-mail had a box you could check so you could move or delete multiple e-mails at one time regardless of their location within new mail ( old mail etc.). Not having that functionality is a failure on AOL's part to properly vet and test the product. A patch needs to…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to select multiple non-consecutive emails, hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard while clicking on each email you want to select from your Inbox (or other mail folders). When you are done selecting the emails, release the CTRL key, then you can delete or move the emails selected.

16. Need to be able to see the FULL email address to determine if it is SPAM or not

The shortened email address is helpful but does not allow me to see if it is spam or not.
    Also the actual email date is more helpful than "YESTERDAY" or the time today.
    I would like to be able to copy addresses out of the email bar when I send them.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Spam Settings

I accidentally marked a sender as spam. Where do I unblock that? Can I see if that sender is blocked?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Go to Spam folder and if the email is there mark it as Not Spam. To find out if you blocked someone from the address book you have to access Spam Controls. Go to Mail from top bar and click on Block Unwanted Mail. If the email address is there, delete it.

18. anti spoofing

We receive many emails a day from a spoofed address. The unsubscribe does not work nor do the reply to addresses work. There are anti spoofing mechanisms that AOL can use to stop these emails including DKIM and SPF. Test show that AOL does not use these - they should.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am being limited in the number of emails I can send at one time - I have been sending them for many years (501-C3) entity. Can't now

Why, after several years, am I suddenly being limited in the numbers of emails I can send from a 501-C3 entity.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Transparent PNG images with alpha channels show up black & are converted to JPG

I am a Graphic Designer and have to email my iOS programmer 2600+ transparent PNG images to program into our iOS application. They have to be in PNG format. AOL Desktop Gold has a few programming flaws that need to be fixed immediately. When I copy any PNG image into the write mail window, AOL incorrectly flattens the transparent PNG image making the transparent area BLACK in color and ALSO changes the file format from PNG to a flattened JPG image. We can NOT use JPG images at all as they lack an alpha channel.

This HAS to be fixed…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, we will share it with the engineering team.

As a workaround, please attach the PNG files to the email, as opposed to embedding them into the email body. To attach the files, click on the ‘Attach File’ button at the bottom left corner of the Write mail window.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base