Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. Gold Improved?????

Gold needs the mail settings option of "people I know" vs "everyone" back. Gold needs all the "Plug-ins" for all the POGO games back in the software (that I "PAY" for by the way!!!) Gold "should have been" at least equal to the old "Blue" before you FORCED us to use it!! You've made changes over the years to AOL without all these problems, You "really" blew this Gold conversion!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon. Certain games on Pogo.com are based on the Java plugin. AOL Desktop Gold does not support the Java plugin, so in order to play these games you will need to use a browser that still supports this plugin, like Internet Explorer.

For more information, please view our article on The New AOL Desktop: Troubleshooting: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-desktop-troubleshooting

2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

The AOL Desktop Gold requires a Broadband connection, but you can still use your AOL Dial-up through the AOL Dialer and AOL Shield browser. To set up your AOL Dialer and AOL Shield for Dial-up Access, please call us at 1-800-827-6364, and one our tech agents will be able to help.

3. Things I have sent to you about GOLD previously...no response

1. Incoming emails that have attachments very often don't show the attachments. You have to leave the email and re-enter a second time in order for the attachment to show.

2. Attachments are shown in list format which is fine, but scrolling down oftern "jumps" an attachment. A "stop" should be implemented as you scroll through each attachment so that the attachments are received individually and not "jumped" over.

3. In sending emails I often BCC myself for record keeping. As I tab to the BCC button, I want to be able to enter my email address once I hit the BCC tab…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

An alternative to opening emails is to right-click on the email (from the list of mail in your Inbox) and select Read from the pop-up menu.

There are two ways to detach a file from the email. You can either click on the X button next to the file name, or click on the Detach button, then select the file you want to remove and click on Detach on the bottom of the window.

4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. bring back my email setting

the new email is really annoying. the font size is to big, and I can't use my toolbar (i.e Edit button, select all, cut copy paste) with my email. please fix this. I pay extra to have aol on top of having to pay for a internet provider. AOL Gold is not worth the extra money I spend every month.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To adjust the font size in the list of mail, click “Edit” on the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, select “Mail Settings” from the drop-down menu, and from the “Font and Text”" tab select your preferred " Font Size" from the drop-down menu (Small, Medium or Large). After selecting the Font Size the changes are saved automatically.

I will pass along the issue with the copy, paste, select all options not working from the Edit menu to our engineers. You can use the keyboard shortcuts (CTRL+C to Copy, CTRL+V to Paste, CTRL+A Select All) as an alternative.

6. Hackers are trying to access my PC via the right-hand ad side, stating they're from MS & I've a virus! Thought you'd want this info!

Hackers are trying to access my PC via the right-hand ad side, stating they're from MS and I have a virus and my PC's been compromised! A man's voice comes on saying he's from Microsoft and that my PC's been compromised, along with type stating the same thing where the ads show in that right pane! You need to secure your ads as your software's obviously been hacked, and people who aren't as computer-literate as I am, will click on the links therein! Just thought you'd want to know this!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It appears that your computer might be infected with a malware. This form of malware can alter your default browser settings, and injects them with pop-ups. To resolve this, please run a full scan with your anti-malware or anti-virus program.

7. Why did our calendar disappear, I lost all of my important dates over that

bring back our calendar with the reminders option for important dates.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Go to calendar.aol.com and save it in the favorites to find it easily. On the top right corner of the page click the heart-shaped icon and select Add to Favorites from the drop-down menu.

8. email inbox

Delete email Inbox it is just a duplicate of old mail and any read mail that will remain in the New box once it has been checked 'Mark Unread'. The Inbox is useless & confusing.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Inbox is the main folder where all your emails (read and unread alike) appear. This divides into New and Old folders. In the New folder, you can see only the unread emails as well as those you kept new. In the Old folder, you will see all read emails. These emails remain in the old folder until you decide to move them to a different folder.

9. Make PFC on AOL Gold available.

Make PFC on AOL Gold available.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The personal filing cabinet is stored in a local database folder, which can be opened by accessing the path below in the Windows Run box (press the Windows key + R): LOCALAPPDATA\AOLDesktopData\db

The Product Engineers are working on implementing a back-up and restore option for the personal filing cabinet which will be available in a future update.

10. Someone explain the new "Inbox". I'd like the 9.8 "New Mail", "Old Mail", and "Sent Mail' back.

For 20 years, we had New Mail, Old Mail, and Sent Mail, with the option of keeping mail as New Mail. Now I don't know what is going on and I have lost some emails that I wanted to keep. Not happy. Not happy at all with this new version of AOL Mail.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Inbox is the main folder where all your emails (read and unread alike) appear. This divides into New and Old folders. In the New folder, you can see only the unread emails as well as those you kept new. In the Old folder, you will see all read emails. These emails remain in the old folder until you decide to move them to a different folder.

Try refreshing the mailbox. Click on the Mail option on the top of the desktop screen and select Refresh Mailbox from the drop-down menu.

11. Hi I am not able to send pictures via aol gold using picassa.

Hi I am not able to send pictures on aol gold using picassa

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try setting AOL Gold as default mail client:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Log in using your username and password.
    3. Click on the Settings icon.
    4. On the General tab click on the Make Default buttons to make AOL Desktop your default browser and/or email client.

12. Window Size

I want to have the window positions stay the way I put them in. Right now I have to change the position every time.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To adjust the window sizes, please follow these steps:

1. Drag one of the four corners of the window to your desired size and position.

2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “Window” then choose “Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

Please note that the option to save the window size and position will not work if the window size is set to full screen.

13. please don't be unethical...

after 20 years with AOL, you forced me off a no problem AOL to having frozen screens on the "Gold" platform......the page freezes up on me and VIBRATES with the cursor bar on the right side and the WHOLE bottom LINE rapidly vibrating up & down............."Michelle" was nice and seemingly helpful and did the Bomgar control but then tried to sell me the SUPER ANTI SPYWARE app. for $3.99 a month , therefore nearly doubling what I pay monthly..........I had already starting "migrating" some of my web sites i use to my GOOGLE CHROME and it you want to lose…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

Please report the freezing problem to our AOL Desktop Gold team so they can investigate it further:

1. Click the Help button in the top-right corner of the AOL Desktop window
    2. Select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu

If the problem persists, please call 1-888-265-3733 to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue.

14. GO BACK to the "BLUE" - it WORKED, GOLD DOESN'T and your TECH Supprt is even at aew as to fix some issues - YOU broke it, now YOU fix it!!!

ADDRESS BOOK all messed up - will NOT keep names entered - BOMGUARD is on my computer more than I am - NOT A GOOD THING YOU DID!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please report this problem to our AOL Desktop Gold team so they can investigate it further:

1. Click the Help button in the top-right corner of the AOL Desktop window
    2. Select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu

If the problem persists, please call 1-888-265-3733 to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue.

15. AOL Gold -- the worst ever?????

I don't know whose idea it was to make Gold, but it is sure worse than the earlier versions. Just try scrolling through the opening pages and see how long it takes. FOREVER! ! ! Then there are a lot more advertisements. Everything has ads and they take forever to load and move on to the next screen. I continually try to use the "Quick Find" in the e-mail address section but it does not find many of my addresses. I need to arrange them in a certain way to see if that address exists, rather than trust Quick Find…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I appreciate your feedback. I’m sorry to hear the Gold experience wasn’t pleasant for you so far. We are updating the software every two weeks.

In case the Quick Find is not finding your contacts when searching by their first or last name, it is possible that the contact does not have their name added to your address book. In this case, it is easier to search by the email address rather than the first or last name, or edit a contact and add their name to your address book.

16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

17. Both sent and incoming emails have gone missing with Gold. Here's an idea for an improvement: go back to 9.8, which actually worked.

Both sent and incoming emails have gone missing with Gold. New Emails have migrated on their own to Old Emails. Here's an idea for an improvement: go back to 9.8, which actually worked.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try refreshing the mailbox. Click on the Mail option on the top of the desktop screen and select Refresh Mailbox from the drop-down menu.

In case the problem persists, please close and reopen the software.

18. No "Mail waiting to be Sent" folder

Nio "Mail Waiting to be Sent" Folder. I compose a mail and then select "Send Later" . A window titled "Send Later" comes up. It says "Your mail has been placed in the "Drafts" folder of your mailbox. To see your outgoing mail, click "Mail Waiting to be Sent".
    I click on the "Mail Waiting to be Sent" button it takes yoiu to that mail that is in the "Drafts" folder. There is a Draft folder and that mail is in it. There is no "Mail Waiting to be Sent" folder.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The old favorites is saved with .pfc extension. The new AOL gold is saved with .fav my question is how to copy the old .pfc to the new fav

How to copy the old .pfc to the new AOL gold .fav
    Will the two extensions work together or we have to convert.
    Things are getting difficukt in the new Gold.
    Your reply is appreciated.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The software will read both .pfc and .fav files types. To replace your current list of favorites with a .pfc file, or to append this type of file to the current list of favorites, click on the Manage button on the bottom of the Favorites Places window, then click Replace or Append. We recommend making a back-up of your current list favorites before making any changes to it. To make a back-up, go to Manage and click Save at the top of the window.

20. Email

Before when I wanted to send a page etc to someone there was a little envelope at the top right hand that you could click and it brought you straight to my email with the description of the page. Now I have to go through too many changes to do the same thing and it is confusing. Please restore that feature.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To insert a webpage in an email, please follow these steps:
    1. Open your favorite website in the AOL Desktop browser.
    2. In the top right corner of the webpage, right-click on the “Heart” shaped icon then select Insert in Mail from the drop-down menu.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base