Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1033 results found

1. Why cant we send pictures imbedded in emails anymore????? I can only use black for font colors? And no background color. This all sucks.

I cant send pics imbedded in emails anymore. And I can only get black font for emails. No colors. No background color. No NOTHING. This sucks.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To embed pictures in mail, first open a Write mail window, then click on the “Picture” button below the subject box, and select the picture you want to insert in the email. To resize a picture after it was embedded in an email, click on the picture, then drag one of its four corners to adjust its size. Here’s a screenshot of the function for you to reference: http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/f3aad8d20388891bc76f00e9b8d49620/resize+picture.png

Also you can change the color of the text from the Write mail window, by clicking on the arrow next to the first underlined A below the subject box. To change the background of the text, click on the second underlined A.

2. NO REAL ANSWER TO MY QUESTION, Log int your account did NOTHING! I have nothing extra ON MY PLAN!

Got an email to my FIRST question, WHY am I paying so much. it says log into your account and change your plan, in so many words. My PLAN is very SIMPLE, I have NO EXTRAS and THIS COMPANY DID not help me with ANYTHING! I HAVE TRIED to call.. MANY MANY TIMES!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Sorry you feel this way, one of our tech agents can help you activate all the benefits or help you choose a different option. Please call our team at 1-888-265-3733.

3. When I click on the story about a dog chained, it will not access. Same as last week.

pages will not stay enlarged. To go back on previous story or whatever,
    one has to enlarge page and it still won't work. Have done everything
    from clearing browser footprints etc. By the time you get the bugs out
    of Gold, you will be touting another version. Go back to 9.8.6 and label
    it whatever you want. it was the best

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. the new aol gold CANNOT INTERFACE WITH WINDOWS on some basic procedures!!!

my god this product DOES NOT allow u to scan to an email. this product is not allowing me to open a pdf i receive as an attachment to an email. every other aol product for 20+ years had a simple way to attach a picture or a word document to an email. not this one u need to do a work around. so:

1) can't scan documents to email
    2) can't open pdf's i receive in email
    3) no direct easy way to attach a word document or a picture to an
    email

UH THESE ARE ALL FUNCTIONS THAT…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to scan documents on AOL Gold, please follow the steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Log in using your username and password.
    3. Click on Settings.
    4. On the General tab click on the Make Default buttons to make AOL Desktop your default browser and/or email client.

To attach any type of file open the “Write” window and click on “Attach file” located on the bottom left side of the window.

If you encounter any issues opening PDFs, please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

5. How do I determine what version of AOL Gold I have installed?

How can I determine if I have the latest version of AOL Gold installed? I'm hoping each update improves the disaster that AOL Gold was when it was rolled out.
    AOL Gold is kind of like Microsoft 8 and 8.1. It didn't work good and thankfully they were quick to replace it with Windows 10.
    Time for AOL to do the same thing.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can see if you have the latest revision number of AOL Desktop Gold by clicking on the Help option > About AOL.

In the middle of the “About AOL” window, you’ll see the version you have installed.

If the version is lower than 11.0.1589, keep the AOL Desktop signed in for at least 20 minutes then close and reopen the software. The update should automatically upload.

6. You can't unless you let us go back to what we had and those features!!

Can't right click and block anymore! No address book on the side anymore!! The sign on screen just sits there. I really don't like the redesigned mail. Just get rid of it all together and give us back what we had and LIKED!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

7. Why... why do we have to deal with AOL Desktop Gold??

If it ain't broke don't fix it. The old software worked perfectly.
    Now I waste so much time, just checking my email... waiting, waiting... to open the file cabinet, to open the mail...everything is slow... "Not responding." It's what I see most. Why!? I am a paying customer for the past 21 years... I want the old software back, the one where you save emails to your PC so you could see them offline. Not like now. Or the one that you could save your email as folders, that would be opened by the AOL desktop. Or the one that…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We will send your feedback over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

Please report the not responding problem to our AOL Desktop Gold team so they can investigate it further:

1. Click the Help button on the top-right corner of the AOL Desktop window
    2. Select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu

If the problem persists, please call 1-888-265-3733 to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue.

8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We respect your concern that sometimes a headline promises more than the story delivers. Our editors work hard to make aol.com a very engaging page. But if in this case, we missed the mark, we appreciate your bringing it to our attention.

9. control enter should "send" !! :-) just saying

control enter should "send" !! :-) just saying

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After composing an email, make sure that the cursor is not in the body of the email (where you wrote the message). You can place the cursor in the To: field and use the shortcut from your keyboard CTRL+ Enter.

10. Eliminate ransomware in news story pop-ups.

While reading human interest stories in the news section I encountered a freeze screen with audio which informed me my computer was hi-jacked and I needed to call a phone number to rectify the problem. The story headline was "find the cat in the woodpile". This is not the first time this has happened. Yesterday the story was about an ancient document. In reading that story the message appeared after the second "NEXT" button. Please make this go away.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Help...

I get dozens of e-mails daily like postmaster-relay@uluave.colonished.us all starting with postmaster-relay and then different server. Spam doesn't work....

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recommend setting up a content filter in order to block mail containing specific words and phrases. To do this in AOL Desktop Gold, please follow these steps:

1. Click “Mail” at the top left.
    2. Select “Block Unwanted Mail” from the drop-down menu.
    3. Check the “Block mail containing specific words and phrases” option.
    4. Add postmaster-relay the in the box below.
    5. Click Save at the bottom.

If you want to permanently block these emails, you will need to set the Blocked Mail option to “Permanently delete blocked mail”, after following the steps above (and click Save again after this). Please note that by permanently deleting the blocked mail, the emails blocked by your Sender Filter and Content Filter will be returned to the senders and cannot be retrieved from the Spam folder.

12. Uhhh , I used to be able to copy/paste pictures from Google images into e-mails .

I am no longer able to do that unless I am unaware of something.
    Question : Is it beyond AOL expertise now to enable that feature ?
    Do you want to chase off member - customers ?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Click on the photo to expand it, select “Copy image” and paste it into the mail compose window by right-clicking > “Paste” or use the keyboard combination “Ctrl+V”.

13. Can't print address book. Can't write mail off-line. Your going backwards. Bring back old Desk Top

Address book won't print. Can't write mail off-line. Please bring back old desk top!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

14. Stupid AOL, Stupid Service, Stupid GOLD! AOL go back to the cave! browsing session not saved

nothing is working, the email are to slow, changing name doesn't means you change anything to improve the quality of AOL, you just make it opposite, and frankly and bluntly everyone in the forum said it! wht my last browsing session isnt save when the feature is on, all my tabs are eliminated when i'm closing aol and restart. every 2-5 minutes there is a pop windows that gone after second or 2 i am not sure even what the heck it is, but its there!!!
    checking if there is an update for the software doesnt work.
    how last session…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article…

15. Where do I begin??? So much is inferior compared to the previous versions!!!

1.Compose OFF-LINE and place in mail-waiting-to-be-sent
    2.Attach multiple photos to an e-mail instead of one at a time
    3.Copy and paste WORD docs into an e-mail exactly as they appear in WORD. Now the doc has to be almost entirely corrected and re-formatted in the e-mail. WHY???
    4.Need the entire list of screen names with # of e-mails in each
    5.INBOX tab is superfluous and unnecessary. Get rid of it
    6.E-mail fonts are limited and restrictive. Return all of the previous version options
    7.Restore stationery option with postcard and background art choices
    8.ARE YOU LISTENING AND READING WHAT SO MANY…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your detailed feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

16. Another problem - there is no Enlarge feature under the Edit section - where did it go?

The old 9.8 and earlier versions had an Edit button that made it easy to navigate. Now we have a bunch of symbols, and there's nothing that I find to enlarge the item chosen. No symbol works to enlarge something! Make things user friendly and easy to navigate again. I've been on AOL for 21 years and was used to things being the same from version to version, and now you had to make them difficult and complex.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The enlarge option under “Edit” menu is called “Zoom”. You can enlarge the font on any webpage you have opened.

17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Right-click on the email address from the CC or BCC field, select Copy, then right-click inside the TO field and select Paste.

18. Find in top window DOES NOT WORK FOR OLD MAIL AND OTHER WINDOWS!!! FIRE THE *****WHO F**** WITH aol!!!

ITS ****** WHO DID THIS WHO MADE THE DECISON?? FIRE THEM CAN"T USE FIND IN TOP WINDOW FOR OLD MAIL. aol gold is hiding in the D I R T!!! SLOW SLOW SLOW I WILL NOT RECCOMEND AOL to anybody

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Find in Top Window is designed to work only when having a web-page or email opened on the screen. The Find in Top Window option will be grayed out when no web-page or email is opened on the screen (it will not work in the mailbox window).

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable…

19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At AOL, we want to make sure there is “something for everyone” beyond Internet connectivity by providing you with premium security, convenience and savings benefits for the best online experience possible.

Our plans include many products and services, like identity theft protection, anti-virus software, and other services to help protect your online privacy.

We will always have a variety of plans to meet our members’ needs. You can see all the available plans on changeplan.aol.com

20. When you think of Gold you think of something good,like a Gold Medal,your idea of Gold doesn't meet that standard!!!! Stop all the pop ups,w

stop all the pop-ups I'm not interested.when I'm trying to read a story or news I shouldn"t have to go to 50 pages just to finish reading the story.your Aol gold is more like lead,constantly freezing.Chat rooms freeze especially if you type a few sentences.Your product deleted Instant messaging and like many of the people who posted comments i have used Aol for at least 15 years your going back to the dark ages and what's worse your company doesn't seem to give a good ****.Perhaps someone there needs to look up the meaning.of the word of OATH

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback on the articles.

You can manage your AOL pop-ups by going to the Edit tab, then to Browser Settings and from here to Pop-ups. By checking the radio buttons you can manage your preferences, you don’t need to save your settings, this is done automatically.

Please report the freezing problem to our AOL Desktop Gold team so they can investigate it further:

1. Click the Help button on the top-right corner of the AOL Desktop window
    2. Select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu

If the problem persists, please call 1-888-265-3733 to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base