Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hate AOL GOLD

Sending mail, when it works, is terrible and slow. When will I be able to insert a photo in my mail signature!!!!!! RESPOND

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please follow these steps to add a photo to your signature within the AOL Desktop software:

To add a photo in the email signature open the picture in a Photo Editor (we recommend Microsoft Paint), and after using the Selection tool to select which part of the photo you want in your signature, copy the selection using the Copy function in your photo editor, or with the CTRL+C keys on your keyboard. After copying the photo selection go to the Set Mail Signatures option in AOL Desktop Gold, and paste the photo in the signature compose window by using the CTRL+V keys on your keyboard.

To resolve the slowness issue, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear”…

3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The sign in errors and blerk notices have been fixed. We appreciate your understanding while our engineer team was looking into this. Please refresh the page by clicking on the Mail option > Refresh Mailbox

Please close and reopen the Chat Rooms and see if you can access them. In case the issue persists give us a call at 1-888-265-3733 to have one of our Technical Support Agents further investigate.

4. Email: When sending a document to email, such as a PDF, the name of the file should automatically be in the subject line.

Before Gold, when sending a document such as a PDF to email, the subject field in the email would be automatically completed with the name of the file. This was a great feature that existed before Gold and is no longer working. Please have this functioning in Gold. Thank you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Find in Top Window" in the Edit menu doesn't work. Fix it. Put "Delete" on right mouse click.

"Find in Top Window" in the Edit menu doesn't work. Fix it. Put "Delete" on right mouse click.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Find in Top Window is designed to work only when having a web-page or email opened on the screen. The Find in Top Window option will be grayed out when no web-page or email is opened on the screen (it will not work in the mailbox window).

6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are referring to creating folders in the favorites make sure to have one folder selected or highlighted, then click New.

To create a folder in the mailbox make sure you select Saved on AOL or Save on my PC, then click on the Manage Folders option > Create Folder.

7. AOL 9.8.2; Drop GOLD

Gold problems: spell check less flexible; favorites less felxiible,copy and past e-mail addresses from another document less flexible.I'm wasting my time and your techs time on telephone help calls. Go back to 9.8.2

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

8. Password storage

How about an accessible storage spot for passwords saved for use on various sites - as Norton's Identity safe - one only needs to remember the password to open the safe - locate an item by alpha search - find the information needed. So as not to continually need to replace passwords when sometimes the stupid software doesn't recognize the actual password typed. especially now that everyone wants a character and two pages for login and password.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. like to edit payment info on line not by phone

be able to edit payment info on line not by phone

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We would like to assist you as best as we can. Here is an article to get you the answers to your questions about your AOL statement, including how to update your method of payment, how to view your bill, and how to contact AOL if you have questions about your account: Account Management: Questions about your AOL bill: aol.it/1Dbu5zL If you would like further assistance, please contact one of our AOL Customer Support Team Representatives at 1-800-827-6364. If you’re a qualified member, you can also contact us to set up a live chat.

10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That is not an official email address. If you do not recognize it simply delete it from your address book.

11. Uninstall older versions ?

Since I have AOL Desktop Gold I want to uninstall my older versions of AOL. I had to call support for problems downloading AOL Desktop Gold and after it was done, they said we aren't suppossed to remove the older versions. Is this true? I don't want excess versions on my computer. Is it OK then to remove them ?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Don't make the "bold" icon disappear when I use it. Same for other icons.

Keep the BOLD, ITALICS and underline icons visible after I've used it.
    I want to add my picture to my signature....
    I want to see the "attachment" advance so I know it's working.
    I want to be able to begin writing another email while an existing email is posting.
    I want the icons to and directions to be in darker print. I have vision problems.

GOLD is NOT BETTER....

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestions. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

To add a photo in the email signature open the picture in a Photo Editor (we recommend Microsoft Paint), and after using the Selection tool to select which part of the photo you want in your signature, copy the selection using the Copy function in your photo editor, or with the CTRL+C keys on your keyboard. After copying the photo selection go to the Set Mail Signatures option in AOL Desktop Gold, and paste the photo in the signature compose window by using the CTRL+V keys on your keyboard.

13. I want to delete my E-mails. After I read and E-mail, I often want to respond to it later.

Do you already have a place I can check off that will allow my E-mail to remain untill I decide to delete them

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The emails are not deleted automatically in AOL Gold. Once you read them, they are moving in your Inbox from New to Old. You can pick them up from here and respond to them or delete them later.

14. Gold is terrible.

Since Gold has been instituted it takes me 2 or 3 times to sign in. Also, I often have to click on websites many times before they open. Gold was supposed to be the answer to all of AOL's site problems. It isn't. Please fix all the bugs. I pay for AOL each month - that's right I'm a dinosaur - and I can't see paying for AOL anymore with all the past and present problems.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try to clear the footprints in order to solve these issues.

Here’s how:

1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My problem(s) with GOLD AOL.

1,..do not let to know who sent the original email, no address in
    it, please
    2,..put back "letter to wait to be send" where it was before, or changed
    its name (Drafts) for itopen them!
    3,..leave out "Advance User Mail", people who DO NOT read or write
    English, afraid to open my emails,because they see not who sent it
    and DELETE all of them without
    4,..not register my password, it have to repeat it all the time!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. AOL Gold is ****

When writing an Email why can i not click once on "subject" and start typing. I always end up typing the Subject in the text instead. 9.8.3 was not this way!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try to clear the footprints.

Here’s how:

1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This might be caused by the Display Name setup on your account. Please follow the steps below in order to change the display name:

1. Go to mail.aol.com and log in.

2. Click on Options on the top right.

3. Select Mail Settings from the drop-down menu.

4. Click on Compose on the left side of the window.

5. Scroll down to the Display Name section, and delete or edit the name from the box.

6. Click Save Settings at the bottom.

19. My pfc has several sub-folder levels only visible when view is maximized. How to keep max view permanently?

My pfc has several sub-folder levels only visible when pfc view is maximized. After 1 cut and paste the view reverts to min size. How to keep max view permanently?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Miha responded

To enlarge the mail folder list, you will need to drag the border between the mail list and folder list (next to the mail list scroll bar).

20. Your latest updated version did not do a thing to fix my problem.

Trying to Create a Photo Album and AOL keeps saying error in desktop. I have tried to download the latest version and it said error and did not download.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at: 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base