Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience.

Why can't we read a story without having to click "Next" after every sentence?

99% of us would like to read a story without having to click "Next" after every sentence. We don't pay any attention to the gazillion ads you throw at us....which, by the way, cover 2/3 of the screen. I wouldn't click on an ad if you paid me.

1st ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

90 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The answer - it's a trail of cookies that the advertising wicked witch leaves for us on the trail.

• Linda Evenson-Hawks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a subscriber for over 30 years and pay dearly every month. I can get free email which is what I mostly use this for but occasionally I like to read articles and this is terrible. I could save over 300.00 dollars a year if I switched. You need to fix it along with the ads that are plastered all over. We don't pay for the ads, we pay NOT to have ads. You also need to tone down the Anti-Trump news. Try real journalism

When you call AOL, they come up with the same bull _ _ _ _ response. That they understand but they cannot fix it.

I agree 100% that it is a pain in the butt to have to click "next" to the stories i like to watch and get dozens of ads in between that I am not Interested in..

• Charles Badgley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AOL News is a joke. There are no good things to say about it. It has degraded to nothing but a way to display advertising. If you keep clicking on the "next page" and read the junk that is there, you will find the stories themselves seem be created by some mindless, unintelligent, sixth grade dropout whose idea of creative journalism is to push out unbelievable, nonfactual, sensationalized *********!

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a paid subscriber for at least 20 years. I always enjoyed reading the news clips throughout the day because I could get the information quickly. Now whenever something peaks my interest, I click on it and I have to continue to go through 20-30 windows to read the article. Nobody has that kind of time. After the first two windows, I click out of it, sign off and get on my smart phone to read the news. What the **** happened to my AOL?

The format of the news feed has increasingly become horrible. the "Start Slide Show" and "Next Page" are just ways for you to add more intrusive advertising. The pop ups - top and bottom - are so annoying. And it is so obvious that pages are designed to get viewers to click on the ad instead of the story. It has gotten to the point that when I see the gimmick when I click on a story, I just close it. For the most part, I am avoiding the news feed all together. Because of this very poor design, I am avoiding your stories and consequently seeing LESS advertising. Please discontinue this assault on your members.

AOL is nothing but desperate bottom feeders putting your greed to make an advertising buck instead of showing some respect and consideration towards us members. If it wasn't for your members you bottom feeders wouldn't even have a job.
        Get rid of the annoying advertising before us members decide to go.

I love AOL news but when I have to click next 20 times I X out, most times the story posted is not even there just click bait.some stories now on facebook are all on 1 page to stop people from leaving the page.

• S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you get a lot of spam just get your news elsewhere like I do. I never clicked on anything except stories I wanted to read, so there must be a lot of embedded garbage on those pages. Best thing I did was stop reading anything on the news pages. Originally I stopped because I was tired of reading one sentence and having to wait for another page to load to continue reading. What I noticed is that most of the spam and unwanted pop ups stopped when I decided to just close out the news page as soon as it appeared on welcome screen.

Please put information into an article instead of the Next Page. The Next Page takes too long to sort through and then it sometimes locks up towards the end. Give us good information that is not as time consuming. I now just skip the Next Page info as I value my time spent on AOL.

• Patricia Griffith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want my news articles to get to the point. Bottom line. no 20 page essays with a dozen commercial ads on each page. "Boredom Therapy" is the worst. I won't read them. I'm not bored. My time is valuable. Get to the point.

Any and all stories where one has to click on "NEXT PAGE" I automatically close the window for that story. It's ridiculous to have to go through fifteen pages to find the story that was headlined. You really need to change your format.

• Gloria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Too many news sources that never get to the point like honest to paws. One has to go through many pages to get the info one wants. I refuse to read them. Get them off aol or make them do their thing in 1-2 pages!

• Carol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also fed up with repetitive articles and stories repeating old news. Having to click Next to go to the next page for an article has me fed up. Of course it allows AOL to run more advertisements but it is so irritating that no one would ever click on them. Will AOL be making any changes or continue driving its members away?

• Gerilee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you MUST use "next page" (no really good reason not to post it all, just scroll down!!!) then make the response instanteous.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base