Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience.

Why can't we read a story without having to click "Next" after every sentence?

99% of us would like to read a story without having to click "Next" after every sentence. We don't pay any attention to the gazillion ads you throw at us....which, by the way, cover 2/3 of the screen. I wouldn't click on an ad if you paid me.

1st ranked
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

176 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Karen Van Gunst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get rid of the "next" 'Next" NEXT. Unnecessarily lengthens the story with minutiae that is unnecssary and pointless.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100%. I start to read and article and continue to get popups right in the middle of the article I am trying to read. That's not all, they are relentless. I have got to a point that I go to other browsers so I don't have to deal with it. AOL has gone from bad to worse.

AOL you must think we are all stupid and cannot read more than 30 words at a time and then have to fumble through ads to find the next button and then read another 30 words for our small brains and by that time all of us stupid people just move on to something else.
    So we switch to You tube. If it has an ad click to the next piece of news. At least the You tube people respect the fact that we can listen for 5 minutes and actually understand the news. With 3 Degrees I really do not need the news and other stories that you are offering. AND I have been a number since 1985 and pay my 259 per year and cannot even read 1 story that is more than 30 words. We actually work for a living and need concise news and articles. So please hire some smart people to recraft your pages. But you were just purchased by Verizon so it will be down hill from here.

Because they want to force you to read the ads. If everything was on one page they couldnt fit as many advertisements. I agree with you - I wouldnt buy any of the stuff thats advertised because it ****** me off.

If you were watching TV and someone was always "popping up" in front of you, wouldn't you get irritated ? If you were watching a movie and someone kept standing up in front of you, Would you stand for it very long? I would like to read some of your stories, but guess what happens?

I sometimes wonder if you are making this happen on purpose and don't care if your story is read or not.

• Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AMEN TO THE COMMENT WHY CAN"T WE READ A STORY WITHOUT HAVING TO CLICK NEXT?
    ALSO I CAN"T READ A STORY WITH OUT HAVING AN AD POP UP BLOCKING THE STORY AND YOU CANNOT DELETE THE AD?

I just tried to read a story you put up on a lost dog an Eagle had taken.It was so full of pop ads I could not read the story. I normally don't do "Click Next" but I wanted to read this story. There were so many ads popping up on each page I was discouraged from reading the rest and left the story. "Nice work"

• QQuincy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have decided never to "Click" thru one of those stories again. They are not written well and they are just a waste of time!

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AOL is one big pop-up and if you select to block all pop-ups, it does nothing. As soon as I start up AOL my computer runs at half the speed, it would be nice to have the old AOL back. Trying to read a story, is a joke. If you try to hit the next button "you have to be quicker than that" your now on a different web site, because the screen jumps just enough to make you hit an advertiser web site. Very frustrating.

I agree with just about everything that has been written about AOL it its
    annoying ads. Many have complained but nothing even changes. I would
    hope that AOL will lose all of its subscribers and go broke and fade into
    obscurity.

Wholeheartedly agreeing with this. I no longer read any of these articles. The first thing I do after I sign on is remove the Welcome page with the biased news and annoying ads!

I agree with everyone here. I pay about 40 dollars total and have been for a long time. It is said you don't listen to the people paying your salary. Never mind even censoring pictures like we are little kids. You cannot show a girl in a **** dress? You make it sound incredible but it is only showbiz.

I have been dealing with AOL for over 20 years . I hate having to go from page to page to read a story. Just put all your adds together and lets us get ride of them. Do you think anyone really cares about you adds. You make a story a book. I hate more then anything. I rather just bypass the story.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base