Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience.

Why can't we read a story without having to click "Next" after every sentence?

99% of us would like to read a story without having to click "Next" after every sentence. We don't pay any attention to the gazillion ads you throw at us....which, by the way, cover 2/3 of the screen. I wouldn't click on an ad if you paid me.

1st ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

114 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why does it take so many pages to tell a simple story.if you use a picture as a tease actually use it in the story. i do not look at ads anymore

• JIM GROSS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all that's said and If it's true aol does not read these posts we are all wasting out time Gonna need to get together as a group to get their attention (numbers are power) NEXT and ADS must go Why not have option when close out add option says don't show any more adds not interested

I am sick and tired of having to go to "next" 10 times to read 10 words ...print the story , give the answer ,tell the info then do whatever else it is you think is necessary .....we pay good money to be "members with no representation" that we shouldn't have to see all that BS

Ditto. I categorically will not be interested in any product that's in a popup---I now keep a list of such products.

Oh, and by the way, that means I will NOT be reading any of the articles you publish......Got it??????????????????????

Stop with the "NEXT" to read a news article! I don't want to be paying for infinite CLICK BAIT! STOP IT!

This is very annoying. I will no longer read any of your stories that are set up this way.

• Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been with AOL for many, many years but "Next" is convincing me to go elsewhere. It is so aggravating and done to promote more ads often the same ones over and over.

Many times it looks like something I would want to read, but when I see the NEXT button, I don't click on it. Thus, AOL doesn't get to SHOW ME ALL THOSE STUPID ADS!
        P.S. AOL doesn't read any of this stuff!

Indeed! Just run about 5 or 6 ads, then give us the whole story on one page!!!!!!!!!!

• Gary Hamer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Above -- "next page" is very annoying. Provide an interesting article and let us read it without having to click next page after every short paragraph. And while I'm at it, have your staff take a remedial course in proper grammar/spelling and topic choices that don't overstate braless, see-through, jaw dropping, headlines that usually have nothing to do with the trashy story.

Very annoying to have to click "Next" to see a whole story.
        Now that you require a monthly subscription, it seems like I shouldn't have to click "Next" page after page when I look at a story. I know it gets you advertising dollars, but is very frustrating to have to go page after page to finally find out the whole story.

Very annoying to have to click "Next" to see a whole story.
        Now that you require a monthly subscription, it seems like I shouldn't have to click "Next" page after page when I look at a story. I know it gets you advertising dollars, but is very frustrating to have to go page after page to finally find out the whole story.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base