AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please give line spacing selection

I have the wording for some emails I regularly send on MSWord.doc document files, where single line spacing is used. When I copy and paste to an AOL send email the line spacing becomes double. Can this be fixed please?

97th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add back "Insert Hyperlinks"

Though there is the "insert Hyperlink" with the drop-down on highlighted text when writing an email, It DOES NOT work!!
    The word to add does get added, in the 'hyperlink color' but the Hyperlink does not get added.
    IN FACT - when hyperlinked images or words are added via copy/paste or "Reply To", the hyperlinks disappear

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gold missing quick print button

Gold is missing the print button in top bar, restore it to the same location

57th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Since comments are closed on my issue...

I had reported the following: "Report a Bug" has no confirmation/follow-up, so here is the issue:
    I reported this issue in the "Report a Bug" area. Every attachment I attempt to download is corrupted. For example, a 65.7 KB Excel file saves as 2 KB, and no information is present in the file upon opening. This has happened in the last 6 files I downloaded, the most current being today. This is TOTALLY unacceptable! Luckily, I can forward to my work email address...what about the people who have no other email address? This needs fixed immediately! I was asked to…

187th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. How do I add words to local GOLD dictionary?

The old Desktop has a way of adding my own unique 'word'..
    I.E. Names of people, etc...

1 - They obviously weren't copied from the old AOL desktop, and there doesn't seem to be a way to add them to GOLD

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. bring back the history sites you visited feature only shows searched items.i turned off clear browser history.

bring back the history sites you visited feature only shows searched items.i turned off clear browser history.

74th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. can't handle large PFC..

aol gold can't handle a large PFC..constantly accessing the hard drive..this doesn't happen with my other screen names that have a small PFC..the old AOL did not have this issue..

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Resizing images in mail

The resizing by grabbing the corners of an image is a lot more clumsy and takes a lot longer than the Resize in 9.8 ( decrease 10, 25, 50 % and increase 10, 25, 50, 100 % ) This really feels like a step backward. If you aren't really careful, the image goes to a solid blue and you have to **** around to get the blue image to turn back. If I was dealing with sending 10 or more pictures (which I often do, this will take a lot longer to adjust the images. Were I voting, I'd go…

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1.. PASTE ONLY WORKS 50% OF TIME, MUST BE CONVERTED TO PLAIN TEXT

1.. COPY PASTE ONLY WORK S 50% OF THE TIME, & REFUSES TO EXCEPT PASTE INTO A WEBSITE, UNLESS IT'S CONVERTED TO "PLAIN UNFORMATED TEXT"

2... PASTE, CUT UNDO, DOESNT WORK FROM THE MENU ONLY FROM THE MOUSE..

3... SPELL CHECK ONLY WORKS 50% OF TIME.

4... EMAIL PAGE CAN BE REDUCED BY 0.5" OLD AOL ALLOWED EMAIL PAGE 80% REDUCTION. VERY USEFULL FEATURE, FOR DOING REPORTS SIDE BY SIDE.

5.... EMAIL FREEZE4S & DOESNT SEND FOR 1-3 MINUTES, OR WONT SEMD AT ALL. :-( :-( :-(.

THIS IS A BASIC OF EMAIL SERVER TO SEND EMAIL PROMPTLY.

6.... EMAIL…

97th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would like to see Quick View come back for mail, address book. Celebrity sounds for Welcome, You've Got Mail, Good Bye. Great job so far!

Would like to see Quick View come back for mail, address book. Celebrity sounds for Welcome, You've Got Mail, Good Bye. Great job so far!

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Will you please put the date on the posts . This is Sunday February 4 2018 with newest date first.

Will you please put the date on the posts . This is Sunday February 4 2018 with newest date first. , thanks..... Nancy

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PLEASE HAVE TIME OF EMAILS APPEAR ON MAIN READ EMAIL SCREEN.

PLEASE HAVE TIME OF EMAILS APPEAR ON MAIN READ EMAIL SCREEN. ALSO, PLEASE REMOVE ADS ON RIGHT SIDE OF READ EMAILS!

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Help from Beta Testers on this board

To the person who just said:"Don't know about the rest of you Beta Testers, but it seems most of the time I send in Feedback and get a reply it has little to do with the problem reported. " ,,,,,,,,I COMPLETELY AGREE AND RIGHT AFTER YOU POSTED THEY CLOSED IT SO NO MORE COMMENTS COULD BE MADE.

125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search in mail folders not working right

When I enter a set of letters such as "abc" or "cde" in userid "abcdefg@xyz.com" or the "abc" in the subject "this Labcoat", That email WILL BE FOUND and highlighted..

BUT, when trying to find "Un" or "know" in "UnknownSendfer@UnknownDomain , These are NEVER Found
    Nor will the seach for "know' in subject line with "do you know" on one of those "unknown..." sender emails

The search acts as if the blind copy emails ( Unknownsender ) don't exist.

212th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Clearing Footprints again.

I recently posted about clearing footprints when signing off here, got this response:

Please follow these steps to enable Automatically Clearing the Browser Cache when closing the AOL Desktop:

1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

2. Check the box next to “Clear Browser Cache on Exit” from the Browser Settings window.

3. When you’re finished, simply close the settings window because changes are now saved automatically.

-----It does not work, it doesn't clear all of the items checked.

97th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Thanks for all the fixes -- BUT...

Glad to see the huge number of corrections, but there's many more before your done..

This one -- Still NO Color selections for the font in emails

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Top line - Edit - Find in Top Window .. Needs count

When using the Find in Top Window (A VERY useful tool!)
    there is NO count of items found. When the searched for word is NOT in the top window, no indication is given (i.e. Not Found!) and when many are found, well same thing - no count..

212th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 97th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base