AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Saving individual mail folders in Gold

Bring back the old way of saving mail folders in your Personal Filing Cabinet like it has been since the beginning of AOL - yes I have been a paying member since the day it started and with Gold can no longer save the individual folders in the Mail to another location like a DVD or memory stick. These folders get way too big and non-manageable over time
    If you right click on a saved mail folder now in Gold it says :"Save Folder As" - like it always has - but when you click on it nothing happens.
    This…

39th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attachment Preview option

I use desktop software for email & I appreciate to have an option to preview the attachment prior downloading the attachment. In this manner can only download those attachments which are required for future reference and discard those after reading. This option is not currently available. Please do the needful to have this option and advise.

104th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. update email addresses

This has been requested numerous times...here we go again. PLEASE update the program that when you are updating email addresses it does NOT revert to the A position ...it is a pain in the neck to delete addresses that have been auto added or delete people no longer needing their email. PLEASE FIX so it stays where you are presently working.

118th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ADBlock Plus

My browser is FIREFOX. I recently moved from AOL 9.??? to AOL Gold. In the former I successfully used ADBlock Plus and was pleased with the results. I find that AOL Gold is much like AOL 9.?? BEFORE I installed ADBlock Plus. TOO MANY ADS in Gold. I contacted your support desk and was told that AOL Gold currently does NOT support ADBlock Plus. They suggested I submit this thru feedback.Roy

8th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How do I delete email headers & footers when printing?

If I don't want email headers and footers to appear on printed email, how do I turn this feature off by default? The workaround in print preview has an easy check the box option, but only for that particular email.

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. What the he heck

What exactly is wrong with posting "United Negro College Fund" in a chat room ??

118th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. why can't we print out my favorites list

why cant we print our my favorites list

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. WHY DO YOUR ******* "IN THE KNOW" ADVERTISING START PLAYING??? I CALLED AND I THOUGHT YOU REP FIXED THE PROBLEM.

WHY DOES YOUR ******* "IN THE KNOW" ADVERTISING START PLAYING WHILE I AM DOING OTHER THINGS ON MY COMPUTER. I THOUGHT THE REP FIXED IT...1/2 HOUR WASTED. I AM NOT INTERESTED. LET ME REPEAT, I AM NOT INTERESTED. PERHAPS I SHOULD START OPENING UP THE AD AND EXPRESS MY OPINIONS TO THEM ABOUT AOL.

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I have two suggestions, first suggestion is to provide a grammar check as you provided the spell check.

First suggestion is to provide a grammar check as you did with the spell check to help prevent writing errors. Secondly, to allow the customer service to take the information from the customer, and to pass it along to whoever they may transfer you to if they cannot provide assistance. Having the customer repeat all the data all over again is stressful when it can be relayed to whoever they are transferring you to, and to save time for the tech as well.

118th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Request improved emoticon selections in email

The current choices for emoticons in email is poor.

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Address Book function

Before ADG it was possible to "letter search" the names and email addresses. That is, pressing the letter of the name or email address would take you to the first name/email address in the group with that letter. Have to manually tab down the list now to get to names/email addresses that we want to access or add to a group.

118th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Forget trying to fix AOL sounds and restore Windows OS media player. Simple.

Dump your version of personalized sounds and restore the Windows Media Player. There are many sites from which all kinds of sounds may be downloaded and played. You have disabled this feature and forced us to consider your selections.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Sounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The red number for new mail is much too small and we must strain to see it.

Please enlarge it. We keep checking for new mail and the number is hard to see.

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pathetic AL anti Trump biases me sick!!

Your anti Trump bias is pathetic!!story after story!! can your political hacks find a little balance???

176th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. WRT My Mail Folders::: Add a slider bar to scroll through my 200! folders faster. too slow!

Add a slider bar to scroll through my 200! folders faster. too slow! Or add ability to sub-folder!

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MOVE EMAILs from SPAM/TRASH to AOL/Local folders.

Like the Android AOL App, I'd like to: MOVE emails from Spam or Trash to local or AOL folders.

ON desktop GOLD, I can MOVE ONLY from my INBOX to AOL folders, meaning that any files in SPAM and TRASH must be first moved from there to the INBOX then to a folder I want them in.

If the Android APP can, why can't GOLD?

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please upgrade your Billing System to allow Members to pay manually.

Please upgrade your Billing System to allow Members to pay manually without using your Auto Pay system, I find it very inconvenient that I have to call in every month (my paydays do fall near my billing date) to make a payment over the phone, plus; there's no option to post a different amount other than what is owed.

176th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please expand the size of attachments to more than 25 MB. Because when I tried to forward the exact email that I received, ADG did not allow

Please expand the size of attachments to more than 25 MB. Because when I tried to forward the exact email that I received, AOL Desktop Gold did not allow me to do it. I was able to send more than 25 MB of attachments from the old AOL Desktop 9.8.2.

1st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Folders can't be moved to "Saved on AOL"

We ought to be able to Copy "Saved on my PC" folders to "Saved on AOL" as there are several selective backup utilities that can only see content on "Saved on AOL" folders.

As another reviewer said, the Manage Folders functions "Move" and "Save Folder As" functions are not working.

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base