AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bring back animations to email

stationery is lame but better than nothing THE OLD ANIMATIONS AND MUSIC were great bring them back to us.

11th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Making the compose box bigger

Make the compose box field on AOL Desktop Gold bigger or expand it so that when I compose an email, it will be the format the way what I want. Make it like what you have on AOL Mail website.

127th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Background vs Stationery

You obviously misunderstood, we didn't want your stationery, we want to be able to OUR OWN backgrounds like before. How difficult is that? You don't even understand what your customers want or need, yet you increase the rates? That's almost laughable. You're stealing from us. Why didn't you take notes of AOL 9.8.2 before you cut it off? You don't have a clue as to what we want or need. You're not even trying to satisfy us. Why not?

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Let's work together

Your blatant dislike of Trump has been apparent since he won. But could you please hold it down during this crisis? Instead of bashing him for how he treats (insulting) reporters at his daily WH press conferences, could you please focus on the crisis and how ably he is handling it. Highlight the positives, as lord knows we need those. There were reports from multiple private sector companies yesterday detailing what they are doing to help those in need, and you decided to give details about a question a reported asked about Seoul. Give me a break. The man works…

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I agree, I have to sign in to post? Why? Please leave it alone....

I and many used to be able to have up to 5 names to sign in...NOW you have to buy it....I would like my other one (JUST 2) back for nothing....bring that back we don't get too much for $4.99...

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fraudulent advertisers

On February 23, 2020, I ordered and used my ATM card to purchase a top from NINACLOAK.Com who continues to show the same attractive tops as being in stock. My top has never been sent. In searching for their web site there are multiple links to reveal this is a scam advertiser. My bank is doing an investigation. I used their posted phone number and was placed on hold for over an hour with no response. These people are stealing the order payments from all who order their advertised tops. Please refuse their advertising.

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Article length

How about stating how many pages one has to click through until the final conclusion of an article. After 4-5 I give up.

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. blocking emails from "host" server

would be helpful if you could get a program written to block email that are coming with the designated server as "host" - i don't have any of my email contacts coming from "host" = they are simply coming from commercial entities that i do not need in my emails

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Return to the old version of COMMENTS ON AN ARTICLE. When a person replies and you click on it it WILL NOT take you to the response.

Roll back the programming on being able to comment on articles. In the new version when someone replies and you click on the link it does not take you to the comment to respond. Instead it open the article and you have to click on show more replies in every section and begin searching for the comment. It is time consuming and tedious. Is is NOT USER FRIENDLY!

100th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Clarity of font changed on Desktop Gold .

Clarity of font changed on Desktop Gold for the worse. Please restore to prior settings.

53rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Save To My PC

When the heck did you change the 'saved to my pc'? It used to save to a folder in My Documents ON MY COMPUTER! It was great as I didn't have to get on line to sign in to AOL to see mails I saved to MY PC! I don't like the idea of having to sign on to my email account, which requires an online connection to look for something I saved to my computer. Please bring back that feature.

18th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unable to open favorites. When I copy theURL for the favorite I want and paste it on INTERNET EXPLORER ti opens.

Unable to open favorites. When I copy theURL for the favorite I want and paste it on INTERNET EXPLORER ti opens

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. is there anyway of only allowing people i know from emailing me. We use to have it

is there anyway of only allowing people i know from emailing me. We use to have it

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export Favorites to a different Browser

Please allow us to Export our "Favorites file" from AOL to another browser.

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Request Make Similar New Instant Messages

Hi I would like to request to AOL Desktop Gold please make new similar new instant messages add to AOL Desktop Gold

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Old article

Today, April 2, is an article on your news page entitled "The Trump cartoon that may have gone too far". The article is dated July 6, 2019. Is there such a shortage of today's news that you have to run a 9 month old article?

210th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base