AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get rid of the point system! It means nothing except a popularity contest and that is NOT what AOL is supposed to be!

The point system is a popularity contest and that's disgusting! If people don't like a post then, fine, thumbs down, but now giving points for the number of posts, the number of posts that are liked or read, is ridiculous, unfair, and totally disgusting. GET RID OF IT!

169th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Print Preview

Get rid of print preview or at least make a way to turn it off. It just adds extra steps to a process that is already too slow.

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When saved Password is not accepted, why doesn't it save the TYPED in one?

Several times, upon going to a Facebook URL, I get INCORRECT PASSWORD. I've TYPED in the new one, but AOL GOLD does not ask if I want to replace the old.
    When I went to settings>Browser>password .. There was no Facebook password saved?
    No matter how it was lost, why wasn't a "Want to Save PW asked?"

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Incognito type browsing option on AOL

Provide a blind search or browsing option / experience like Google Incognito. I hate to search or open a web page for a hotel or vacation for general information and then constantly get E-mails and pop up ads for that item. This does not happen with Incognito and there is no browsing history.

55th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use an asterisk (*) to when you have multiple spam such as Version@choice.girtin.net, version@spondulicks.org, version@suit.hygeist.org. E

Use an asterisk () to when you have multiple spam such as Version@choice.girtin.net, version@spondulicks.org, Version@suit.hygeist.org. Example: Version@ That would take care of all spam starting with Version@ and no need to list each one in the Block Spam.

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fraudulent advertisers

On February 23, 2020, I ordered and used my ATM card to purchase a top from NINACLOAK.Com who continues to show the same attractive tops as being in stock. My top has never been sent. In searching for their web site there are multiple links to reveal this is a scam advertiser. My bank is doing an investigation. I used their posted phone number and was placed on hold for over an hour with no response. These people are stealing the order payments from all who order their advertised tops. Please refuse their advertising.

122nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. blocking emails from "host" server

would be helpful if you could get a program written to block email that are coming with the designated server as "host" - i don't have any of my email contacts coming from "host" = they are simply coming from commercial entities that i do not need in my emails

122nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PLEASE stop posting photos of abused animals on welcome screen!

Many AOL users keep asking AOL to stop posting photos of abused or starving animals on the Welcome Screen, yet AOL continues to do so. There is no way to opt out of seeing these horrific photos, so you sign onto AOL and the first thing you see is a photo of an abused dog or other animal. I'm not sure any AOL administrator actually sees our requests on this because all we ever get is the robotic answer, "Thank you for your feedback." If any human AOL employee sees this, PLEASE do something about posting these horrific photos of…

14th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 194th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Quit trying to get my cell phone number. That is one of the least secure forms of identity for me. Everybody seems to have that number.

Quit trying to get my cell phone number. That is one of the least secure forms of identity. BTW, your content is soooooooooo biased it has zero integrity at this point. Just completely worthless.

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve Sounds!

I am the one with the file of short, non-offensive wavs. I never heard from anyone about sending them to you and am not sure the best way to send them. PLEASE consider let me send them so you can consider them. I am 62 years old, not 15. The current sounds are not for my generation. PLEASE at least consider my plea. Contact me at *****@Aol.com so that I can send you the wavs, you can review them and consider weather you can use them. If you still do not want to use them, them so be it. But…

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. #5 and #10 slots in your front page newsfeed are both taken by same filthy political attack ad. TAKE IT DOWN!!

5 and #10 slots in your front page newsfeed both taken by same filthy political attack ad. TAKE IT DOWN!! This does not belong in a newsfeed even once, let alone twice!

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. have an aol address to send a commendation letter. have been looking for one for the last week,

new idea AOL ADDRESS TO SEND RECOMMENDATION LETTERS, JAJA BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR A WEEK ALREADY. NON EXISTAANT

194th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. spelling dictionary

You "suggestions" as to how to fix the spelling dictionary don't work as there is no option under Mail for any spelling dictionary words. Yes, the words get underlined and you can right click and tell AOL to accept the word as spelled but in the next email, the same words get underlined as wrong again. Restore the Spelling Dictionary so that words we had to it STAY in it. Before we had to pay for AOL, it worked so much better. Now we PAY you and get far less than we used to. Please fix our Personal Spelling Dictionary…

86th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. signature

AOL Desk top Gold should add more options for different Font signatures. AOL Desk top Gold only list a hand full of fonts to select. The Legacy AOL had a hundred fonts to choose from for your signature.

194th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. emoji idea

I've written this idea before and have not seen a response. On most devices that offer wmoji's, it does not close the window when you select the emoji. I often like to insert several at a time. Could you please leave the emoji box open until I'm finished selecting emoji's?

Also, I would really be a good thing if when I select, "Mark as Unread" you would let the text go to bold again. This way I can see which emails I've marked to reply or deal with at a later date.

169th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can Music to an AOL email or AOL mail attachment that play when it is open by recipient

To me, I think we need a way to Add Background Songs or music to email to play when the recipient opens his or her AOL email attachment note or letter. If it can be done AOL--Gold help desk live support just said cannot be done. I do not know how or if it can be done. But sure is a great idea. Thank you.

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE READ RECEIPTS LIKE ALL OTHER PROVIDERS PROVIDE!!

Why Doesn't AOL have available Read Receipts for emails we send??? I HAVE BEEN AN AOL CUSTOMER FOR 24 YEARS NOW!!!!!!!!!! People make fun of me that I still keep it! But it would mean that I change EVERY account I have linked to this email address, etc and it is a huge hassle to do so. PLEASE ENABLE THIS FEATURE!!!!!!!! IT WOULD GAIN AOL NEW CUSTOMERS.

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I called you three times about a serious problem and all the calls dropped off!!!

My favorites in Desktop gold keep getting blasted away!

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. How to access sbc global email account on your device.

Login to sbc global login will help you, to use the best mail service, this mail is based on all the latest technology, upgrades. with time it has made a huge position in the heart of people with its advanced features. Sbc global login mail with the help of experts will always help you, to make it in a secure way. To know more visit us: https://getemailservices.com/sbcglobal-login-email/

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base