Skip to content

AOL Help

AOL Help

If you would like to provide feedback for a particular AOL product, please visit our feedback site to select the particular product you wish to provide information about.

This forum is for you to make suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the AOL Help site. We’re always trying to improve our site and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve AOL Help. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

25 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your feedback.

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

I’m here to help if you still need assistance or have additional questions.

2. Have operators who can help you. I was disconnected 3 times by operators who couldn't help me "transferring" me to someone who could help.

Have an actual phone number someone who needs help could call. Your transfer system is non existent. I told the second person who was going to transfer me that I was disconnected. She promised I would not be disconnected. Of course I was disconnected because your ability to connect is non existent. I had a case number # 16246597. Axel, Joyce and Rain all promised I would not be disconnected and there would be someone on the other end to help me. NEVER HAPPENED ! Your customer service has proved to be nothing but an exercise in futility. Tomorrow I…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.
    Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

3. rude and unhelpful chat

go out of business. Oh yea I guess you just sold
    I have been a paid customer for year.

that will change

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. smtp.verizon.net port 465 not working

can't sent emails, get error smtp.verizon.net port 465 not connecting to server. contact ISP. Please help

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Capital One Credit Co says that AOL Web service is in Compatible with Capital One..WHY IS THAT????

wHEN doing on line banking with Capital one Credit Card Services, they told me that Capital One Web Services is NOT compatible with AOL's Web. What disgusting development. I would like to know WHY????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Equality.

How about treating every one equally . Half the comments that were posted were a lot worse then mine but you seem to overlook these's .Is it because there Democrat or Liberals and i'm not? Maybe i should save these comments to prove there is a problem with the way you treat conservatives .

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Images and some comments will be flagged in our system prior to becoming public. Here are some reasons why your comments may be flagged: – Language (Examples may include: all caps, inappropriate words, etc.) – Suspicious IP – Any Image In order to create the best possible experience for everyone, we request that you abide by the AOL Community Guidelines, our core code of conduct, in all of your activities on AOL Services. For more information, please view our community guidelines: https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/guidelines/index.html

8. your chat link doesnt work and tech support knows nothing

why do i stay with aol i get no help or support

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback about the issue you are experiencing. Please try our 3 troubleshooting solutions: 

1) Refresh your browser window 

2) Clear Browser Cache

If step 1 does not help, please try clearing your browser history, cookies and cache. In many cases, you can use the following handy shortcuts: 

- Ctrl-Shift-Delete (Windows)
    - Command-Shift-Delete (Mac)

For detailed instructions, please visit this help article and choose your browser: 
    How to clear cookies, cache, history and footprints in your browser: http://aol.it/1KTJUg6 

**Please uncheck all items except those related to web browser cache, history and cookies. If you do not uncheck passwords, this step will clear any passwords stored in your browser, so you may be prompted to login to sites which previously kept you logged in automatically. 

3) Try a different Browser 

If steps 1 and 2 do not resolve the issue, please try using a different browser —…

9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have a serious problem and your help service is horrible. I'm ready to cancel my account.

Your help service is horrible and unprofessional. I have a serious problem and can't get help.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Help people need to really listen to people

Help desk need to listen and forward correction when they are told something they tell you to do doesn't work

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. help dummies

i am paying for a number of thing from aol when add up is not cheep why cant u have one thing going that help u with very thing that people need help with there computer at i afordable price

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting your feedback. Unfortunately, we are not sure what your comments were about, and are unable to properly action your feedback. Could you please provide a bit more details for us on what you’re commenting on? Thank you so much, and have a great day!

13. HELP should actually help. Still can NOT hide email address at login

Received "help" on previous request, but it only helps with GOOGLE not AOL login. Come on ..... some here with AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If clearing cookies did not help thos may mean that you have your password stored with in the browser settings. We suggest that you check your browser settings.

14. Poor customer service

Tried contacting AOL today, tried Chat would never connect, tried emailing would not ever work, called the Help Line and got a rep who really had no interest in helping me, got disconnected and was never called back by AOL, what a rough bunch of events, there has got to be a better way to contact the company we pay for such ****** customer service.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

“Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your feedback.

I’m here to help if you still need assistance or have additional questions."

15. Here's an idea, why not have some type of progress message, when your consumers are on hold?

I was on hold for 45 minutes with your on-line help, and over 30 minutes on the phone. is it possible to have some type of progress message, so that the consumer has an information on how close they are to getting to speak with a rep?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Return Help requests. Have someone that actually knows how to help.

Have someone that actually knows how to help.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can see all available support options here: https://help.aol.com/contact/

17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Run around when McAfee Doesn't Work and Damages my computer.

5 months ago I installed the McAfee Security Suite on a brand new computer. It crashed the computer and I have spent several months rebuilding the OS. I reinstalled it yesterday and again it wasn't working. This time it said I wasn't connected to the internet. Since I was on remote desktop with AOL Tech Support I was obviously on the Internet. I was then sent to McAfee, who then told me I had to talk to AOL. Yes A RUN AROUND! McAfee also told me my subscription for the AOL McAfee was going to expire November 19, 2019. I…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. What am I paying for I cannot get the help I was told would be available to me.

Paying members need to get more service, period. At this point, I am seriously considering discontinuing my account with you and I have been with AOL for 30 years!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please access this link and use one of the options to get in contact with our support line: https://help.aol.com/contact/

20. my name taken off site

my name is on the same site as a **** suspect. ***. *****

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?