Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2974 results found

1. three really annoying things about Desktop Gold: 1. the sign on screen has my screen name in VERY small type and is black against a blue b

three really annoying things about Desktop Gold: 1. the sign on screen has my screen name in VERY small type and is black against a blue background. VERY hard to read. 2. If I click on a news panel to read an article, the video starts with sound. I am in an office where there are other things going on. I don't want it to hear that junk unless I choose to. And the "mute" option isn't an option as it start with sound then has to be muted. 3. Now the "inbox" has a "new and old." Different from…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. copy option to add email address from the contact list to a group or specific group is greyed out and not accessible- kindly fix ASAP.

copy option to add email address from the contact list to a group or specific group is greyed out and not accessible- kindly fix ASAP.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have been contacting AOL for OVER 1 year (open ticket 07256897). I have continually had every problem you can imagine. Slow email sending,

I have been contacting AOL for OVER 1 year (open ticket 07256897). I have continually had every problem you can imagine. Slow email sending, cannot open mail, try again, email crashes. Template issues, etc, etc. Each time I call tech support, I must wait a minimum or 10-15 minutes, go through a lengthy id process, wheras I need a text sent to my phone with a code. THEN, I need to explain my TECH PROBLEM to billing, so they can then transfer me to tech support, who has another wait. If they cannnot resolve the problem, they will say, are…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. web developer and software enginerers- member having issue with favorites and welcome screen is not funtioning already uninstalled and reins

web developer and software enginerers- member having issue with favorites and welcome screen is not funtioning already uninstalled and reinstalled aol desktop Gold- kindly fix ASAP-

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Lawsuit pending unless AOL stops screwing around with my system

I have previously complained that I do not want auto-updates for Desktop Gold. In addition, I never authorized AOL to make changes to my Internet options. With each update Desktop Gold is made the default search provider. If these activities are not stopped immediately, I will have choice but to proceed with the lawsuit, and seek maximum damages under the law. The ball is in your court, don't ***** up.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Capability to block spam automatically.

Select to spam and block as well

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I see I have most AOL customers in the same boat I am in with AOL Gold. I have been with AOL since 1998 & gone through all the changes & up

To try again...I see I have the majority of AOL members thinking the same thing I do about AOL Gold...it is the worse program change I have used since my joining in1998. We don't need an inbox...it is useless & confusing. I maintain data bases of over 500+ names each. I had them all organized in my address book in groups that related to the subject matter. You destroyed my work by listing everything together in an A to Z listing. It has taken me days to reorganize them & you refreshed my book today & found invalid emails that…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Three ways Gold version is harder and longer to use than v9.8

VersionGold is harder to use, requiring more clicks to do the same things as in V9.8. For instance, 1) V9.8 would automatically add an email address to SEND field by just entering three letters into the SEND field. Gold gives me my address book menu to choose from - slower and harder. 2)To add a link to email text, I first have to put the web address into a separate form, click OK, then copy and paste it into text, unlike v9.8 where I just had to copy and paste into text. 3) Also and most irritiating, v9.8 would automatically…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In the mailbox, what are the icons under the Type column? where can I find a list of them and what they mean?

In the mailbox, what are the icons under the Type column? where can I find a list of the Types and what they mean?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Betrayed.

By now we feel betrayed, and how we feel matters. Please see every post for specifics.

Thank you!
    AOL Desktop Gold Supporters

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Review your features before you allow them to post on the Welcome Screen

Please, please consider reviewing some of the items featured in your WELCOME screen before you allow the vendor to post. Frequently items which purport to be fact are either poorly researched or simply fiction. Many are poorly written. For example, today 3/24/2018 you had a feature that allegedly ranked US Presidents by intelligence. There was no indication who did the ranking or on what basis. The writing was appalling, noting, for example, that George Washington was the "first president of the free world". There were many, similar inanities indicating that the author clearly wasn't among the most intelligent anything.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Eliminate large search bar

occupies too much room I have never had that before.I been using aol for 15years and its not on my account.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3/21/18: Why are you sending me the same confirmations 6-8 times??

I've received confirmations on 4 of my posts today. Each one was reads and deleted. However, afterwards I received about 5 more of each one. Either you are sending the same ones over and over, or else putting them in the trash and deleting them is not working. But emails from other people that I delete are not repeating. So it looks like AOL is sending each confirmation 6 of 8 times.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Get rid of phone optimization.

You optimized AOL Gold for phone use, and left us PC users to swing in the breeze. ALMOST NOTHING works with a keyboard. Ctrl+F4 doen't close a browser. Hitting enter on a highlighted email in the mailbox rarely if ever opens the email. FIX IT.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a date to our posts and to your responses. It's the least you can do

Or maybe you don't want us to see a date so that we can see how long it has been since the date of the complaint because things are "planned" yet the never materialize. Where are the "planned" icons for the carousel? Where are the "planned new smilies for emails?
    I should add that every time you do a better fix it breaks something else! Now after the last fix my settings and profile for comments in the news is grayed out. YES. I already cleared my browser and signed off and on many times.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. AOL needs to enhance their comment section to allow us to get to comments that we have posted especially when we are the leader.

AOL makes it impossible to respond to comments that are posted in response to our postings especially when we are the leader. Then need to enhance their comment section to allow us to easily get to the comments we have posted to she others responses so we can respond! I used to get notifications when individuals replied and on occasion the link would take me to the comment but it was rare. They have rolled out a substandard program and I would expect more for a company that has been around as long as they have and since they now…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Disgusting service. AOL closes the posts they don't want to attend to.

Disgusting service. AOL closes the posts they don't want to attend to. Or else they tell you to call AOL technical service. There is nothing wrong on my end and therefore I do not want to call an AOL technician for this who will give me the run-around. I immediatelywent to the same page on 2 other browsers when I got this virus threat using AOL -- and both browsers opened the page fine with no virus threats.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. address book

this is so stupid - to send an email to a group 1) prepare the email (ok), 2) go to "Mail" menu and click on address book, 3) find the group name in the left column - click on it, 4) run the mouse to the group of names that have popped up in the middle section, 5) highlight every name in the group - (Ctrl A works) 6) click on "CC" or "BCC" on the address book page. 7) close the address book 8) check the email to make sure the addresses have populated the email page. Yes? then…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be nice if the "manage my account" was fixed and available. Only a few items listed are available, out of service.

Please fix the "manage my account" . Only a few are available to use, are others are an "oops, try again".

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories