Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1033 results found

1. AOL 9.8.2; Drop GOLD

Gold problems: spell check less flexible; favorites less felxiible,copy and past e-mail addresses from another document less flexible.I'm wasting my time and your techs time on telephone help calls. Go back to 9.8.2

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

2. Huge complain to BBB

I have been struggling the problem past 2 weeks. I can not work my computer well after it was cleaned up by assist AOL. Since then my email had been not accessible. I called today 800 307 7969. Two costumer service hang up without explanation. If I did not hear from AOL authority people today, I will contact to BBB and attorney general for this solution. I have been 15 years member . I expect to be fixed this problem immediately. Please respond and tell me the problem. I can not wait any longer. I am already spending money to…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

We will have a technical agent reach out to you today in order to resolve the issue you are experiencing. Thank you for your understanding.

3. Bring back the previous version and remove the Gold to work on until it is ready. We need to have a choice.

. “My Favorites” has real problems, which is the most important to me:
    a. I can’t open Favorites that I saved on a different disk with the old version because there is no “open” in “File” at the top left.
    b. I can’t edit “My Favorites”. I have tried to correct spelling or to rename a file. One of two things always happens. Either no change is accepted, or the entire file is deleted (I have lost several!!!)
    c. I can’t manage “My Favorites” by saving the list somewhere else, etc. PLEASE FIX IT SO THAT I CAN HANDLE “MY…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to manually open a Favorites file is not available, but you can append the file to your current list of Favorites. To do this, open the AOL Desktop Gold and sign on, click on Favorites, then Manage at the bottom, and choose Append in order to select the .pfc or .fav file. Also before appending a list of favorites, we recommend saving a back-up of your current list in the event that you need to return to its original state, by clicking on Manage at the bottom and selecting Save on the next page.

The option to edit the favorite places is available, and you can do this by selecting the favorite place and then clicking on the Edit button below. Just remember that the list is organized alphabetically, so you might not find the favorite place in the same location after changing its name. If you are…

4. HATE GOLD and need my address book restored

Since spending an hour on the phone yesterday w/ your person to reset my password after being hacked, MY ENTIRE ADDRESS BOOK IS MISSING!!!! This SHUTS down my radio show and my business. RESTORE IT AT ONCE AND RETURN MY AOL. 9.5. I hate Gold

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Miha responded

If your address book has disappeared after the account has been compromised, we might be able to help to restore it. Kindly reach out to an agent so we can investigate more your account, please call 1-888-265-3733.

5. Password storage

How about an accessible storage spot for passwords saved for use on various sites - as Norton's Identity safe - one only needs to remember the password to open the safe - locate an item by alpha search - find the information needed. So as not to continually need to replace passwords when sometimes the stupid software doesn't recognize the actual password typed. especially now that everyone wants a character and two pages for login and password.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. like to edit payment info on line not by phone

be able to edit payment info on line not by phone

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We would like to assist you as best as we can. Here is an article to get you the answers to your questions about your AOL statement, including how to update your method of payment, how to view your bill, and how to contact AOL if you have questions about your account: Account Management: Questions about your AOL bill: aol.it/1Dbu5zL If you would like further assistance, please contact one of our AOL Customer Support Team Representatives at 1-800-827-6364. If you’re a qualified member, you can also contact us to set up a live chat.

7. So for I like the Gold. .

I do will you have all the options we had with the old AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

8. where is the dictionary? I have no color on desk top gold. You installed it You said you were going to fix it but never did.

There is no color on my computer since you installed Desktop Gold. I am unable to find the dictionary. It is no longer under edit. Where is it? Can you please fix the color?

Thank You.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL Desktop Gold has a new way of spell checking your emails. This is done automatically, in real time, as you compose your messages. When the AOL Desktop Gold detects a spelling error, the word is highlighted by a red line under it. (Click the link below to see an image for an example) http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/4db80cc33bd37e32201f88ab1843266a/Gold+Mail+-+1%3A2+Spell+Check+How+to+identify.png

To correct the spelling error, right-click the word and select one of the options provided. (Click the link below to see an image for an example) http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/ee1be6b821550147cd0214e4f5846dee/Gold+Mail+-+2%3A2+Spell+Check+Choose+the+word.png

Unfortunately the background feature is not available at the moment in the new software, but we are making more features available with every update to the new AOL Desktop.

9. I just tried to sign on one of my emails and it wouldn't let me ?

you are about to lose me and I am paying you !! ??

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The email reading pane is too small. I have become increasingly annoyed now that I use gmail for work. Ads on the email box is also terrible

Get rid of the box and ads around emails and create a large clean readable area to read the text of emails. The small display space and ads on the side are very annoying--especially because I pay for this service.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Miha responded

We are making enhancements with every new update in AOL Desktop Gold, and we truly appreciate your feedback about its features and functionality.

Regarding the issue you have mentioned, we would like to provide you with a few solutions to expand the size of the mailbox window or the subject column.

First, you can expand the mailbox window size by following the steps:

1. Drag one of the four corners of the mailbox window to your desired size and position.
    2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “Window” then choose “Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

Secondly, you can hide the folders in the mailbox to have more space for the emails. To do this, click on “Hide Folder List” on the bottom left corner of the mailbox, or click on the arrows between the folder list and the email list and drag…

11. Please put back the narratives in the "galleries"

We always had a description of the gallery pictures. With Gold, they have disappeared! I just looked at the homes for sale by billionaires. It would have been nice to know at least what state they were in, not to mention who has lived there. Same with the pictures of Joe Kennedy: who were the other people with him? I hate Gold!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is possible that you are not seeing the captions, on the gallery slide show, because the browser window is too small. To resolve this, open the article you want to read and drag one of the four corners of the browser window to enlarge it.

Additionally you can save the size of the browser window, by clicking on the Window button on the top AOL Desktop Gold, and selecting “Save window size and position”. Please note that at the moment you cannot save the window size to full screen mode, this feature will be available in a future update.

12. More Accurate news items.

In this morning's news items, the "headlines" for two items state that the Patriots secured their seventh straight AFC title and that Watergate occurred while Reagan was President. Both items are completely false. The Patriots will be in the AFC title game with the opportunity to win the AFC title, and Watergate occurred while Nixon was President. I think you need to get new writers or better editors.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Is AOL.Gold MAPI Compliant

AOL 9.82 has been discontinued and I have had to migrate to AOL Gold. My tax program was able to send PDFs of returns via email using AOL 9.82 but using the new Gold program it goes as far as creating the pdf of the return and creating the email to send it with but it does not attach the pdf and drop in the email address.

Something to do with MAPI compliance. Outlook is MAPI compliant and I believe I have it with Microsoft office so I am wondering if this procedure would work.

https://www.lifewire.com/access-aol-email-outlook-1173658

or if there is…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. WHY DOES AOL COST SO MUCH! ????

Lower the price.. I have a new email now and I am switching ALL my contacts to it, I have been with AOL for over 20 YEARS why am I paying 28.00 a month when others are WAY CHEAPER or even free! Have email many times, only to be told WILL be contacted.. Never Never have! NEW IDEA LOWER THE PRICE!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At AOL, we want to make sure there is “something for everyone” beyond Internet connectivity by providing you with premium security, convenience and savings benefits for the best online experience possible. Our plans include many products and services, like identity theft protection, anti-virus software, and other services to help protect your online privacy. In addition, our plans include mobile apps to help you protect your data on the go. I can assure you that you’re getting one of the most competitive rates available for all the benefits we offer.

To learn more about, manage or activate your available benefits, check out your MyBenefits Dashboard by signing on with your primary, master username at https://mybenefits.aol.com/.

Of course, we offer different options, you can go to changeplan.aol.com and check them out or call one of our representatives at 1-888-265-3733 for more info.

15. BRING BACK PRE AOL GOLD, I CANT TALK TO MY FRIENDS IN CHAT ROOMS< DONT KNOW WHO IS OR ISNT ONLINE< IF IT DONT CHANGS ME AND TONS OF PEOPLE

WHERE ARE THE CHAT ROOMS< DONT KNOW WHO IS OR ISNT ONLINE< ME AND LOTS OF OTHERS ARE CONSIDERING STOPPING AOL GOLD>

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, chat rooms from the old versions of the software are not compatible with the new AOL Desktop Gold so you will not be able to chat with users on other AOL Desktop versions. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We anticipate all older versions of the AOL Desktop software to change over to AOL Desktop Gold over the upcoming year. We will continue to notify additional members about the availability of this new software over the coming months.

16. Go back to ONE sign on screen!

First AOL Gold had two sign on screens, now there are THREE. How about going back to the original AOL 9.8 and have ONE sign in screen. One should not have to navigate THREE screens just to sign in. A

Also get rid of that **** AOL search window that pops up on the right side of the screen once the Welcome screen pops up.

Long time AOL users want all the features that the old AOL 9.8 had, which made it very user friendly, was easy to customize and was a 'smooth' operating browser.

I know the new AOL…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you might have noticed we changed the login process in AOL Mail, to a more secure 2 step login, which helps prevent your AOL account from being compromised or hacked.

To disable the Search Window go to Edit > Startup Settings > Main Tab > uncheck the Search Window box.

The changes are saved automatically.

17. New chatroom for folks over 60 from 60s PLUS LOVE 1 We would love to go to this room as the room you have on GOLD same name w/o the 1 !

I would like to quote someone in a chatroom that i used to love to go to. I know this is really foul.....but I need to make a point. ***********: *HAS A HYBRID *** A CROSS BETWEET A HORSE AND A DONKEY This person AND MANY PEOPLE LIKE HIM GO INTO OUR CHATROOM AND TOTALLY RUIN IT; HE PUTS THIS INTO THE ROOM AND IF I SO MUCH AS TYPE...........<~~~~
    periods in the room in succession i get a warning that I am putting a URL in the room which I am not. These people degrade good…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a dedicated team that handles all chat room activity. All reports of possible Terms of Service violations are subject to a verification process. While we do not disclose the details of this process, we can tell you that all reports are carefully examined before any action is taken. You can review our Terms of Service in detail here: http://legal.aol.com/terms-of-service_full-terms/

Remember, you can always reach out to the team that monitors the chat activity by emailing TOSGeneral@aol.com.

18. BRING BACK MY FOLDERS

My folders from the old AOL desktop are missing in AOL Desktop Gold. Please bring them back because they contain important information.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The issue you are experiencing might be caused by the number of contacts you have in your address book. In the general list of contacts you can add up to 5000 contacts and 300 in each one of your distribution lists. If the problem occurs when trying to add a contact in the general list, please try to delete a few unnecessary/unwanted contacts before adding a new one, and if the problem occurs when adding the contact in a group that already has 300 contacts, please create an additional group (you can add up to 100 groups) where you can add more contacts.

20. web developer and software engineers- address book not showing the same addresses as on the old aol desktop with old emails also. everythin

address book not showing the same addresses as on the old aol desktop with old emails also.everything was changed to email addresses only. kindly fix. bring back the same feature as like of the old aol desktop. very unhappy with Aol Desktop Gold. I love my 9.8.2. Gold Sucks!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is possible that some contacts were saved offline in the old AOL Desktop (version 9.8 or lower). Since the option to export the address book from the old AOL Desktop is not available, we recommend opening the Address Book in from the old AOL Desktop (there is no need to sign in, in order to open the Address Book) and after retrieving the missing contacts, manually add them in AOL Desktop Gold (they will be saved on the server, and can be accessed from different devices)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base