Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. icons in the carousel can't recover

member wasn't able to see the icons up above the carousel ! if there is only way for us to keep it despite of loosing the previous installation please help us !
    - member and tech support !

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. AOL DataMask Screenshot Issue

AOL DataMask Screenshot Issue

When I use DataMask and try to make a screenshot on Dell’s website, it would not work. And, I did put an X in the appropriate screen block option and also selected Exit in the notification area. Furthermore, I can make a screenshot on any other website or document. I use Windows 10 and AOL Gold.

Below is one Dell’s website where I could not make a screenshot.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/quicktest?c=us&l=en&~ck=mn

Please fix.

Jerry
    1/22/18

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Besides disabling DataMask, please also turn off the Screen Capture Protection from within AOL Desktop Gold. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold and sign on.

2. Click on the Edit button on the top left corner.

3. Select General Settings from the drop-down menu.

4. Go to the Premium Security tab.

5. Uncheck “Enable Screen Capture Protection” (changes as saved automatically).

4. loaded new gold, now 5 years of new mail is gone,,, where did it go and how do i get them back

why did aol change this,, the 9.8 worked just fine, this sucks and i am going to learn about other gmail and others and be done with this ****,,

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Issue 1: I called the 1-800-8276364 and four consecutive times and was told my "expected wait time was less than six minutes" -- I believed

Issue 1: I called the 1-800-8276364 four consecutive times and was told my "expected wait time was less than six minutes" -- I believed and waited until the same time happened the FIFTH time!! Why?
    Issue 2: The message I received when I up-graded to AOL Desktop Gold says the four names on my subscription (besides my primary name djFilimon) are recognized for Gold access. However, when I attempt to log on the names the log-on attempt hangs up and will not connect. Why?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize for the long hold time you experienced. Your feedback is valuable to us, as we strive to continually improve our user experience.

The AOL Desktop Gold team phone number is
    1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

6. My problem(s) with GOLD AOL.

1,..do not let to know who sent the original email, no address in
    it, please
    2,..put back "letter to wait to be send" where it was before, or changed
    its name (Drafts) for itopen them!
    3,..leave out "Advance User Mail", people who DO NOT read or write
    English, afraid to open my emails,because they see not who sent it
    and DELETE all of them without
    4,..not register my password, it have to repeat it all the time!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. AOL Gold is ****

When writing an Email why can i not click once on "subject" and start typing. I always end up typing the Subject in the text instead. 9.8.3 was not this way!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try to clear the footprints.

Here’s how:

1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

8. Does anybody look at these?

Do you ignore these feedbacks?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We take every feedback seriously and share it with the concerned team. We are updating AOL Desktop Gold every 2 weeks, please continue to send us feedback on what features you would like to see implemented.

9. Why can't I put a photo on my mail "signature" like I was able to do with your old and BETTER aol????

Why can't I put a photo on my mail "signature" like I was able to do with your old and BETTER aol????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To add a photo in the email signature open the picture in a Photo Editor (we recommend Microsoft Paint), and after using the Selection tool to select which part of the photo you want in your signature, copy the selection using the Copy function in your photo editor, or with the CTRL+C keys on your keyboard. After copying the photo selection go to the Set Mail Signatures option in AOL Desktop Gold, and paste the photo in the signature compose window by using the CTRL+V keys on your keyboard.

10. The "EDIT" button in the "FAVORITES" is NOT working

The EDIT button in the FAVORITES is NOT working, please take care of it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to click on the Edit button, first select a Favorite or Folder from the list of Favorite Places. In case there is no selection made the Edit button will be grayed out.

If you continue to experience problems with this please call us at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

11. Bring Back Hearts..to Save a Web Site to Favorites~ Allow Me to Add Names to Address Book

I would like to add a name to my address book instead of Gold doing it, It IS MY address book not yours!! Also what happened to the tiny red hearts that we could add links to emails or our faviorite places... This isn't improved ...I really hate this program ....9.8.2 even with its small flaws was 10X better and we didnt have to put up with a million ads flashing in everything!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To save a website to favorites, please follow these steps:
    1. Open your favorite website in the AOL Desktop browser.
    2. In the top right corner of the webpage, right-click on the “Heart” shaped icon then select Add to Favorites from the drop-down menu.

12. How can I reload an aol desktop gold revision 11.0.1550 I had to uninstall that version from my desktop

How can I download and install aol revision 11.0.1550. When I removed that version from my desktop I did a reinstall and it took me back to the old version with AIM on the toop bar

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I just had a chat with one of you tech's and I was every disappointed that she could not provide the help that I needed. since I have insta

I just had a chat with one of you tech's and I was every disappointed that she could not provide the help that I needed.

since I have installed your new gold I must say it has been a pain,
    today I tried to recover my old emails has I have done many times in the past. I had to sign in on thru explorer. in order to get my old emails, that turned out ok.
    However when I went to my saved folders that I created over 5 yrs ago, The folder now comes up empty I had 5…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please stop objectifying women on your home page

Please stop objectifying women on your home page about pulses racing because of plunging necklines, bikini bodies, nearly see through dresses. Some days there are about 10 in 70 pages.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Every day our editors try to create a mix of stories from hard news to entertainment to lifestyle to business and sports that will satisfy our readers. Of course, it’s difficult to match the mix perfectly to everyone’s individual tastes. We offer several other topic-focused news options on the left side toolbar that may be of interest to you, such as Lifestyle, Sports, News, Finance, and more. Also, in the sections labeled Latest Headlines, Entertainment News, Finance News, etc. on our main AOL.com page, you can choose your preferred news source from the drop-down by clicking the down arrow.

15. Stop billing me...

AOL is supposed to be free I just found out...so why have you been billing me $24.10 for years now? I think you owe me a refund! And stop billing me!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This might be caused by the Display Name setup on your account. Please follow the steps below in order to change the display name:

1. Go to mail.aol.com and log in.

2. Click on Options on the top right.

3. Select Mail Settings from the drop-down menu.

4. Click on Compose on the left side of the window.

5. Scroll down to the Display Name section, and delete or edit the name from the box.

6. Click Save Settings at the bottom.

17. My pfc has several sub-folder levels only visible when view is maximized. How to keep max view permanently?

My pfc has several sub-folder levels only visible when pfc view is maximized. After 1 cut and paste the view reverts to min size. How to keep max view permanently?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Miha responded

To enlarge the mail folder list, you will need to drag the border between the mail list and folder list (next to the mail list scroll bar).

18. I pay for Premium Membership-

and have to wait 20 min on the Phone? Your A Con Game!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Now that I am a "paying customer" of AOL, I am complaining about e-mails I do not receive.

I am not receiving all the e-mails sent to my address. They are being sent back as undeliverable. They are not in my spam folder either. I have missed several important e-mails. As a paying customer now, I do not know what kind of filter you are using..but I am not filtering out these e-mails and I expect to get them.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This might be a result of the custom spam settings on your account. In order to adjust your spam settings, click on the Mail button on the top left corner of the AOL Desktop Gold window, then select “Block Unwanted Mail” from the drop-down menu. Make sure that your sender filter does not contain any email addresses from which you need to receive mail from, and that your Content Filter (Block mail containing specific words and phrases) does not contain any common used words and phrases.

If you continue to experience issues receiving mail, please call us at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

20. Problem with mailbox

When opening the mailbox, I can usually spot spam or unwanted mail immediately without opening it up. In 9.8, I could just right click on the entry and delete it, but I can't do that with gold.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

As long as the email is highlighted in the list of mail, you can right-click on it and select Delete. As an alternative you can highlight the email (left-click on it) and click on the Delete button on the bottom right corner of the mailbox.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base