Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1033 results found

1. YOUR HORRIBLE AOL GOLD WON'T LET ME CHANGE MY PASSWORD!!!

YOUR HORRIBLE AOL GOLD WON'T LET ME CHANGE MY PASSWORD!!! bring back the old AOL!!!!!..... this new "gold" RUSTS! It's no **** good and is as confusing as if you stole into a blind man's home and REARRANGED ALL THE FURNITURE!!! HORRIBLE..... cancelling and going to use FREE gmail!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

We do not have access to account related information so we are unable to assist you with your password through this forum.

We have an article dedicated to a variety of password help resolutions to assist you: aol.it/1Emii0C

For immediate assistance, please contact AOL Customer Support Team at 1-800-827-6364 Monday through Friday between 8 AM to 1 AM ET, and Saturday between 8 AM and 10 PM ET.

2. Why is it that I cannot open FOX news.

AOL should be non-partisan and allow people to view FOX news.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try clearing the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop.

Here’s how:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings.

No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

In case the issue persists, please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 to have on of our Technical Support agents further investigate this.

3. FAKE TECHNICAL SUPPORT NUMBER

I did a search on AOL for AOL tech support phone number and one of the numbers that came up was --*. I called the number and was told that someone in Mexico was trying to access my computer. I was only asked my email address and permission to access my computer remotely. No account questions or security questions were asked. It did not sound legitimate so I hung up. I had a hard time even understanding the man on the other end.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is someone posing as an AOL consultant and claiming to help with problems relating to passwords, line noise, hackers or other technical issues. What they really want is to find out your AOL password and other personal information. Remember, AOL Customer Support Team Representatives will NEVER ask you for your password. If you suspect someone is posing as an AOL consultant, do not give them any of your personal information (name, address, password, social security number, bank information, etc.). The AOL Desktop Gold team phone number is 1-888-265-3733.

4. desktop gold ***** lost all my usernames and password on all of my accounts

cancel gold or i might cancel aol ,even if i been with you for years

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop.

Here’s how you clear the Footprints:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings.

No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

In case the issue persists, please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 in order to have a Technical Support Agent further investigating the problem.

6. Syatem Mechanic purchase

I purchased System Mechanic but can't find or use it on my computer

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. COMMENT SECTION: COMMENTS BEING REMOVED BY AOL

You can't say "CHIT" with an "S", but you can access all the **** you could ever want. Go figure THAT out. & they insist on removing my posts because they seem to disagree with my opinion.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Images and some comments will be flagged in our system prior to becoming public.

Here are some reasons why your comments may be flagged:
    - Language (Examples may include: all caps, inappropriate words, etc.)
    - Suspicious IP
    - Any Image

In order to create the best possible experience for everyone, we request that you abide by the AOL Community Guidelines, our core code of conduct, in all of your activities on AOL Services.

For more information, please view our community guidelines: http://legal.aol.com/community_guidelines/

9. Now I can't read AOL news. I click to move forward and the pictures change, but the story remains the same as the first story. Frustrating!

Now I can't read AOL news. I click to move forward and the pictures change, but the story remains as the first story. Very frustrating.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are unable to replicate the issue. Please clear the footprints in the new software.

Here’s how you clear the Footprints:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.
    b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings.

10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

11. Mail Application | Settings

I was using a V8 (.vdx/.vdf) application on the old AOL Desktop and it working properly. But on the new AOL Desktop Gold, the software is not working properly. Please include this software on the future updates you have so that I can continue to use the same software and the AOL Desktop Gold so that I can attach files using the said software when I send an email. Send me a feedback/update if the changes were made.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to add favorites to the Toolbar is currently available. To do this, first open the favorite website then click on the Heart shaped icon in the top right corner and select “Add to Toolbar” from the pop-up menu. To move, edit or delete the Toolbar icons, simply right click on them and select the desired option.

13. Where is feedback section

Not enough space to post feedback, typical of LOA.....AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can send us feedback by going to:
    1. Help
    2. Submit Feedback
    3. In the forum that opens go to “Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience”
    4. Your suggestion here

14. I dont want to change my aol password, i just cant remember what it is.

I dont want to change my aol password, but when i go to 'cant remember password' it wont let me check. it says i have to change. All I want to do is check what my password is.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not have access to account related information so we are unable to assist you with your password through this forum. We have an article dedicated to a variety of password help resolutions to assist you: aol.it/1Emii0C

If you need further assistance, please contact AOL Customer Support Team at 1-800-827-6364 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET, or visit Help.AOL.com."

15. Email box is to large. Can't read it.

When opening the mailbox the page is to large. It takes up the whole screen and you cant read it without moving the sidebar up & down and from left to right.

It's so big that you can't read the context of the email without using the inner sidebar at the bottom of the email.

Please make the page much smaller

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To adjust the window sizes, please follow these steps:

1. Drag one of the four corners of the window to your desired size and position.

2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “Window” then choose “Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

Please note that the option to save the window size and position will not work if the window size is set to full screen.

To change the screen resolution please check this article: https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-change-the-windows-screen-resolution

16. AOL Desktop Gold intermittently displays my entered password on my Windows 7 desktop. Please fix the software so that the PW is not shown.

This problem started when the latest release of AOL Desktop Gold was done in the last few days. The problem does not occur on my Windows 10 laptop. It is only on my Windows 7 desktop computer. It is a security concern because my password can be stolen more easily by hackers.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Un-check the box next to Save Password on the sign on screen. This way you have to enter your password every time you log in.

In case the issue persists please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 in order to have on of our Technical Support agents further assist you.

17. email

Want to change font color in emails. Bring back A to do this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are unable to replicate the issue you encounter when changing fonts. Please clear the footprints to see if this helps.

Here’s how:

1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. 2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.
  18. All of my Favorites did not transfer over from the old AOL desktop. And all of my "Mail Waiting to be Sent" also did not transfer over.

My idea is that AOL Gold is very inferior to the old Aol desktop. They have taken things away. Things like transferring from one name to another, "mail waiting to be sent" and favorites. After 18 yrs with AOL its time for me to make a change. There is no reason for us not to be able to access the old desktop. This is like blackmail. "Either use Gold and pay for it - or no more access to your info!" I'll be moving to G mail.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To import the favorites from the old software into AOL Desktop Gold, please follow the steps in the help article below.

https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-desktop-importing-your-personal-information

Unfortunately, the option to import the “Mail Waiting to be Sent” from the old software to the AOL Desktop Gold, is not available at the moment. To retrieve the Mail Waiting to be Sent, please open the old AOL Desktop (there is no need to sign in), then click on “Read” on the top left to open the mailbox, and select the Mail Waiting to be Sent folder from the left side.

19. "Window" menu selection should show all the windows in AOL.

On the AOL desktop there can be multiple windows open. We can have the Welcome screen, the AOL mail list, maybe some open emails, maybe the address list screen, etc. It is very difficult to select a screen if it is behind another screen. The "Window" button across the top of the main desktop window should allow us to select any of the open screens. These should show as a list in the drop down menu.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. not able to attach craiglist adds to email

use to be able to do it in old AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To send Craiglist adds in your email please follow these steps:

1. Open Craiglist in the AOL Desktop browser.

2. In the top right corner of the webpage, click on the “Heart” shaped icon then select Insert in Mail from the pop-up menu.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base