Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

31 results found

1. Apparently AOL is down and there is no workable service number to handle any problem. Very poor customer service. Going bankrupt?

Have a help line that actually works. Have service numbers that are not on busy signal. Have a real customer service department.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Forcing

I didn't like that you forced me to give up this phone number to log on to MY account. Bogus, not American!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize for the inconvenience, but AOL is just doing its best to protect your online safety. It’s extremely important to have updated information should you ever need to change your account settings, reset your password or contact AOL customer support.

3. Not able to post comments on AOL Articles

I have been working with your  TOSgeneral and aolmailquestions@aol.com departments to unblock my ********.aol.com account from posting comments to articles. They unblocked my other account *****@aol.com but could NEVER unblock the ********@aol.com account. The other day I tried posting a message and it did post and I got a like notification in my email box. NO ONE FROM AOL advised me that I am finally unblocked which I have raised as an issue for about 1 1/2 years! This is HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE and HORRIBLE SERVICE in general.I want a full refund of everything I have…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

All refund inquiries need to go to the AOL Billing Department. Please give them a call at 1-800-827-6364.

4. COMPLAINT

You folks locked me out of my account, forced me to create a new password, passed me a code on the phone and then forced me to create an alternate e-mail address in order to get back in to my account and then only in one screen name. I have been with AOL (PAYING} for many years. You people really ****.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

If you still encounter issues call us at 1-888-265-3733.

5. COMMENTS NOT POSTING - 3RD TIME POSTING THIS

When I log into my AOL account and comment on any article in the headlines section, my comment appears to me - but DOES NOT APPEAR in my comment Profile under "Latest Activity."

The latest activity appears to be April, despite several comments and tests made since then.

This also only occurs under this account. When I log in anonymously, or under another AOL screenname & account, there is no problem, the system functions properly. So the problem is specific to this particular account.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Before posting a comment on an article, check if your Nickname is displayed on the top right corner of the comment box. If the Nickname is not displayed (your profile is not loaded), please refresh the page by pressing F5 on your keyboard. Once Nickname is displayed you can post a comment, which will show-up in your Profile.

6. Can't even delete a secondary screen name? REALLY????

I worked for a company called the Radio Mall. In 1995, I set up the email address theradiomall@aol.com. I no longer work for the company, so not only do I not need that address, I am not entitled to have it anymore. So, I tried to delete it. Well.....

I signed on to that address to delete it. It took a while, but finally, I found something that said that I had to go to the main email/master account and delete it from there. So. I went there and I eventually found something that said I had to be…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How to delete Data Mask now there is no master name

How to opt out of data mask since there is no master name to control my paid subscription. I will be deleting my paid subscription as there is no longer any manual portfolios as of Jan 1. Yahoo portfolios have never worked so I am looking for some other service

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL and Yahoo are now a part of the same company, and so we were able to make this process very easy for you!

We highly recommend migrating your content over to Yahoo Portfolios, because of its robust finance platform. Yahoo Portfolios is free and easy to use! It’s a part of Yahoo Finance. If you’re not already familiar with it, Yahoo Finance offers really helpful features for its members like:

- real-time market data
    - relevant original and partner content, and
    - a continually expanding set of financial data.
    It also provides members access to global financial market data, commodities, currencies, indices, and cryptocurrencies.

Please call us at 1-800-827-6364 regarding the data mask subscription.

8. why doesnt the IVR recognize my phone # -, Please rectify this for me so it recognizes my account

in the past before AOL was bought by Verizon when i called for help it would ask for my screen name to verify me, now it asks for the phone # i used to set up the account, I have no idea how original account over a decade ago was set up, but i haven't changed my phone # and the IVR refuses to recognize my account- please correct this so i can be sent to correct department and it recognizes me- please set up to recognize daytime phone #

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Want to delete moribund accounts, want to start a new one

Want to delete moribund accounts, want to start a new one

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. reactivate email

I had my email tied to an older account that I need access to but I am unable to access it without verifying my account but I cant do that as my email account has been deactivated. I understand needing to save server space but please give people the option to reactivate their email.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you haven’t accessed this account in the last 90 days, it might have been deleted for inactivity and cannot be reactivated. Please refer to this help article and learn how you can create a new AOL account: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-account-and-password. For security reasons and since this is a public forum, we do not have access to account information through this forum. You can check the status of your account by calling 1-800-827-6364.

11. PASSWORD

I HAVE BEEN WITH U IDIOTS SINCE LATE 1986 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEVER HAD TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD 2 DAYS IN A ROW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP UR ******* HARASSMENT U WORTHLESS PUNKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'AM ON THE BULCK MAILING LIST

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to better enforce anti-spam policies, AOL does not disclose the number of recipients or emails that can be sent at one time.
    If you’ve received a notification that a limit has been met, you’ll need to wait a set amount of time before you can send more emails. Most sending limit notifications inform you of how long you’ll have to wait.
    If you’re planning to regularly send bulk email, consider looking into an alternate solution.

If you still encounter issues with your password, please reach out to our customer service department at 1-800-827-6364

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base