AOL App for iOS

Aol App

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL App experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Attachments. More than pictures!

Need to be able to attach more than pictures to a email. Should easily integrate with Dropbox, Mac iCloud folders, etc.

84th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let me receive my AOL emails on my mail app for the iPhone. This AOL app isn’t what I want to use to receive and send my emails.

I want my AOL emails to return to my iPhone mail app. I don’t want to use your AOL app. Pretty sneaky of AOL to decide for me how I choose to receive a send emails. Especially on Christmas Day I want nothing to do with your app yet you force me to do so to get my emails on my iPhone. Extremely rotten of you to do so Once again you did it on Christmas Day. As if I don’t have anything better to do than spend 2 plus hours calling researching and being told to pay a fee…

95th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it easier

Prior to AOL app on iPhone update why is using the AOL App,harder & more time consuming to read e.mails,,I’m not logging in from a laptop or new or unknown device,,please simplify the daily retrieving of e.mails please,Or I am going to set up a new e.mail through G.mail or yahoo etc etc

73rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 8th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This function is not available in the AOL App, however, you can go to mail.aol.com from a desktop computer and Edit/Delete the contacts.

5. Add support for other pop3/IMAP accounts

Would be great to be able to use one app for all email.

84th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sort mail by From

Allow users to sort mail by who sent it. It’s a great feature on every other service.

95th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Security and design

It would be really nice if you guys added some security like an optional pincode like ProtonMail has. And please update the layout on the app, I really like the web design. And I hate these animations, they are too long. Please get a new design and make an option to use one that replicates the web one.

95th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Web browser links

The links in your web browser don’t work. Very annoying.

15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  22 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Quit blocking email through iPhone Mail app, PLEASE!

The AOL app is too complicated. It has many unnecessary “featured” obstacles: videos, news, a stylus, and a search box. On the iPad half the screen is wasted on a large search box, so that part of the email message is blocked and has to be shifted manually to be read.

Is there an option to revert to the iPhone app and not be blocked? It has worked well for me this past decade.

Perhaps having the app developed by Verizon makes it particularly hostile to AT&T customers.
    I am continually having to jiggle email just to get the delete…

95th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unified Inbox for all accounts

I have several email accounts..nice to see them in one Inbox..like the other email apps.

Also there is no indicator as to which email account has mail...I have to open all of them one by one to locate new mail.

29th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 24th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. unread

Like my iPhone mail, add a folder that only shows any unread emails so that if you skipped reading an email, you don't have to search thru multiple pages to find that one email that you haven't read and so you can select unread email and mark them as read when they are just junk.

95th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AOL iPhone APP

AOL APP for iPhone needs to design the app so a user can see all his AOL email accounts "at the same time" without having to sign out one and sign in on another one at a time.

13th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Grey font

Can you please stop providing instructions in grey font. It is very difficult to read.

112th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Opening links and mail together

What’s the point of opening a link in the app if you can’t get to your e mail without closing the link you just opened? What the point of the app if it’s more difficult to use than the iphones mail app?

37th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. App notification sound

I thought that there was a different notification sound available when you receive an email, and after the latest update, it plays default sound on iPhone. It is not possible to change it in iPhone setting, since AOL app is a third party app. Is there any way?

11th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Every time I read an email and delete it, it takes me back to the tap on an email to begin screen. It should take me to the next email!

Email is not efficient. Takes me back to the tap on an email screen instead of the next email after I’ve deleted the one I’ve just read.

112th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. App defects

When I first downloaded your mobile app a year ago, logging in was a nightmare. I had to do it over and over to gain access even on one occasion. Then you fixed it. But beginning two weeks ago, it has become a nightmare again. I can go sometimes for 2-3 days with no log in required. Then some days I have to log in 3-5 times each day, sometimes only an hour apart. When logging in, at times I have to enter my credentials 5-6 times before it “takes.” This is mind boggling, immensely irritating, and inconceivable for a…

134th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 134th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to enable links in email

Many times I want to unsubscribe from an email. I scroll to the bottom to unsubscribe than I have to enable the link and scroll down a second time. I should have the option to enable all links.

134th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL App for iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base