AOL App for iOS

Aol App

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL App experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I’m not paying for this to be fixed !! It’s Aol ‘s problem! Why should we pay for their glitch!

That’s how they rope u in ! Oh I see u been with ya long time ! Yes I’d be very happy to help you! But u must pay for the prime premium!! ARE U KIDDING ME!!?? Nope

118th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting your feedback. Unfortunately, we are not sure what your comments were about and are unable to properly action your feedback. Could you please provide a bit more detail for us on what you’re commenting on? Thank you so much, and have a great day!

2. Signature Options

Please enable font colors and styles for email signature using the mobile app. I’d like to make it match my standard signature. Thanks!

60th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort mail by From

Allow users to sort mail by who sent it. It’s a great feature on every other service.

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow the use of wildcards (*) in email addresses to allow blocking unwanted email addresses.

Allow the use of wildcards (*) in email addresses to allow blocking unwanted email addresses.

95th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Inbox only known senders

Before I was able to put only known senders through inbox, now I can’t anymore. That was very useful now I have too much spam in my inbox (1400+). Please bring back that feature.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  40 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Security and design

It would be really nice if you guys added some security like an optional pincode like ProtonMail has. And please update the layout on the app, I really like the web design. And I hate these animations, they are too long. Please get a new design and make an option to use one that replicates the web one.

95th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Attachments. More than pictures!

Need to be able to attach more than pictures to a email. Should easily integrate with Dropbox, Mac iCloud folders, etc.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Staying Signed in...

Add me to the list of people who are very annoyed at having to sign in with my username and password each and every time. This is a real functionality problem. It needs to be resolved.

149th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. News

I’m very impressed with your daily news roll up. Please give me a roll up of Global & our USA news once a day. My regional news twice daily & breaking news as needed. I’m very busy & im depending on you to keep me up to date on everything from Political to environmental. Others will agree once they experience your informative & newsworthy style.
    I’m not a news watching woman but you simplify the news with choices & a Great one line explanation. No one wants news forced down their throat.

118th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Get rid of aim.com! I only get spam emails!

I use aol email and have for many years without problems. Lately I’ve been getting numerous emails every day as aim.com, which I have never used and it’s really annoying. How can I eliminate the aim address? Thanks!

31st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Light colors email backgrounds

This app should have the option to select a light color background for the email inbox.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Video notifications

Is there any way to turn off those extremely annoying notifications of videos with stories that few people would have any interest in watching, while leaving all other news type notifications turned on?

118th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notifications

Bring back where the email is sent from. After the last update it doesn’t display where it’s from only the first couple of lines of it’s content.

7th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  45 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. delete emails after they’ve been in inbox for a certain amount of time

Have an option to automatically delete your emails after they’ve been in your inbox for say 30 days, 2 months, 3 months, or something like that. especially if they haven’t been read.

6th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  73 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add support for other pop3/IMAP accounts

Would be great to be able to use one app for all email.

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Quit blocking email through iPhone Mail app, PLEASE!

The AOL app is too complicated. It has many unnecessary “featured” obstacles: videos, news, a stylus, and a search box. On the iPad half the screen is wasted on a large search box, so that part of the email message is blocked and has to be shifted manually to be read.

Is there an option to revert to the iPhone app and not be blocked? It has worked well for me this past decade.

Perhaps having the app developed by Verizon makes it particularly hostile to AT&T customers.
    I am continually having to jiggle email just to get the delete…

84th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. unread

Like my iPhone mail, add a folder that only shows any unread emails so that if you skipped reading an email, you don't have to search thru multiple pages to find that one email that you haven't read and so you can select unread email and mark them as read when they are just junk.

84th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Türkçe menü

Aol mail çok beğeniyorum neden diller arasında türkçe yok? Olmasını takep ediyorum

118th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Update app for MacOs Catalina

You need to update the app for MacOS Catalina.
    The app needs to be 64 bit, not 32 bit. If it’s not updated soon, AOL users will migrate to Gmail permanently and it will be too bad for AOL. Many of us have been on AOL for over 20 years and love it but you will force us to leave if you don’t do something quickly. Thank you in advance

118th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 8th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This function is not available in the AOL App, however, you can go to mail.aol.com from a desktop computer and Edit/Delete the contacts.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL App for iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base