Skip to content

AOL.com - Frontpage

Aol.

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve AOL. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9 results found

1. I cannot post a comment Read and Share on AOL.com

If I Tap on "Today on AOL" and select one of the many articles from various sources like CNN, Associated Press,etc...scroll down to the blue and white comments box/Comment to place a comment it gives 2 choices. Under the word CONVERSATION a box opens and says;"What do you think?" You get 2 choices > 1 is to Login in and 2 > is to Sign up to Post. When I try to use either choice it brings me back up to the top of the page. It will not allow me to Sign in or Comment. I have an AOL…

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. BOYCOTT AOL NEWS

AOL NEWS used be great and member friendly. Now however, it has changed dramatically. I used to comment regularly and all was well. Made some friends as well. Then my comments were not visible to other members. Now if I bother, my comments just disappear. I reported the issue more times than I can recall, but now if I want to report the same issue my email address is not recognised. In other words they don't want to know. To add insult to injury, they have now turned the AOL NEWS page BLUE so I cannot see anything. I AM…

32nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. new welcome page layout

The new front page/welcome page layout is the tackiest piece of mess. It is virtually useless. Bring back the old layout or give us the choice of reverting to the old one. This thing is tacky and useless. The brief summary of the story is a big plus. I want it back. I want news not big pictures, I am not Trump who only "reads" pictures. The old version was great just as it was. If something is not broken, don't fix it. What you just created is unmentionable word

13th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. GET BACK TO THE ORIGINAL AOL.

What on earth is going on with AOL NEWS. Every comment I make on their news disappears. This has been ongoing for nearly a year. I have reported it on several occasions and today received an email saying I had been blocked. That is preposterous as I have never posted anything untoward. Is the problem with AOL or Yahoo. ?? I will fight this to clear my name.

32nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL FORMAT

Stop removing innocent comments. Original posters have disappeared, but yet new ones are allowed to comment. I have reported the issue of disappearing comments through proper channels on 20 occasions but nothing has changed. Seems original members are not important now, Victimisation at its best. Time to move on where members are catered for,

32nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. instead of blocking users for political views block people with abusive language

I am being blocked from conversations after news articles. WHY ???

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stop blocking words that you're using right in the articles themselves

Ok, the topic is abortion. I cant type "abort babies"
    the topic is Joseph Weiner, and I cant type his name?
    the topic is pedophilia and an arrest, and I cant type the word "pedophilia" in the comments section?

People seem to be able to post the phrase "black people" but yet "white people" cant be typed?

You cant type, "she's hot" even if the sentence was, "If the kid is in a carseat and she says she's hot, then obviously turn on the air"

You cant type, kill. killer, bombed, bomb, blow up, mass shoot, wipe out, or kill…

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Database timing

I often note a a pop up saying new post, yet when I go to the post it is three minutes old and therefore out of synch from the service, this happens at anytime, and needs to be resolved for sanity sake. We know that the values have posted so the reporting to us needs to be brought back up to nearly full speed.

13th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Comment links are non-existent

Your new comment section is broken. Every time I click a link to "View all #### comments" or "View ## replies" - it does nothing. The target link code isn't there. This has been down for a while now and I would have thought that this kind of error would have been caught during beta testing.

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL.com - Frontpage