Change Inactivity Deletion Time
AOL should wait THREE years before erasing/deleting email in an account due to inactivity. AOL should send notices/alerts in advance to email holder to caution/warn about any potential automated/random deletion.
-
Diana Martinez commented
I agree 👍🏽 Why would a corporation completely erase everything without warning ⚠️ 🤔 SURELY AOL has backups. They need to give everyone the option to choose if they want their old mailbox back at LEAST. It's 2026, get with the program!!! Something seems off 👀 Are you looking for a multisuit AOL? A lot of us had loads of important information in our accounts. 😤 FIX IT NOW!!!
-
taralizzx3
commented
All of my emails are just gone? Deleted?! So you have my recovery email and phone number and neither were used to inform me of this possibility??! I’m literally floored. Bye forever.
-
PAM RYBICKI
commented
I go into my account randomly. Cause this is not my main account. I have never seen a post where you were updating the system or deleting information out of our email account. This is wrong of AOL to go into people's accounts and delete everything. I had many folders with information, and now they're gone. I guess this will be the time to leave AOL since I have nothing in my account and move on to a better company. Shame on you!
-
Bernadette Mc
commented
Lost all the emails I've had since childhood because of this inhumane policy, with no notice despite attempting to sign in several times during 1 year period. Apparently that didn't count, for some reason my password and all information linked to the account, which wasn't changed or altered — mysteriously didn't work. But as soon as the account was deleted, suddenly no issues retrieving my now empty inbox. I will never use this awful service again, or any aol products in the future. I'm absolutely devastated, this policy has soured my opinions on this company for life.
-
Steven BURKE
commented
Yea seriously u deleted all of my contacts and my archived photos so many emails of my life from my teen years gone y'all are piles of ****
-
Sandra Coyle
commented
Where is
My lost
Email -
Sandra Coyle
commented
How do I retrieve lost emails
-
Pat Patterson
commented
Can't read it only English fluently and galieg e very spotty so share In what I understand or else I will not give a care
-
Kianna Kaizer
commented
Hey AOL. I’ve had my email account since I was like 10 or 11. I just logged in for the first time in probably 3-4 years. Thanks for deleting everything I’ve ever received or sent! Wow, what a favor you did! Not like you deleted every single trace of communication I ever had with family members who’ve passed away since. Oh, or deleted every single email related to my childhood accounts! Haha, you think I can get into my old Twitter to read my thoughts? Nope! Wiped. Everything, gone! Thanks. Really great AOL. Just basically my entire childhood spent on email and your stupid chat rooms, erased and gone. I’d sure love to read the emails my late grandma sent me for my birthdays over the years. Oh but no worries, you wiped it all. Thanks! Now I can barely even remember anything she said.Thanks for reminding me why I DONT use your awful email or website. Respect to AOL for tripling down and committing to being the most embarrassing, defunct, and useless email provider and website on the World Wide Web. You guys went for the goal, and got it!
-
健司河村
commented
本日、ゴミ箱のの削除をした所、受信ファイルも全て削除されましたが、動作環境に何か変更があったのでし
-
Gabi
commented
Why is you kept my AOL account open did you delete all my contacts I want to have my contacts back please if not then delete my account off your AOL