Assist by AOL

Help us improve Assist by AOL

We invite you to share your thoughtful and specific feedback with us. At AOL, we strive to improve our product offerings and we often use the most popular suggestions to make positive changes!

Our Feedback Policy has more on the terms that apply to your input.

Please note: This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.
  1. Do you guys realize what a huge portion of your customers you are offending with your anti-Trump bias? I find it a real turnoff and studiou

Do you guys realize what a huge portion of your customers you are offending with your anti-Trump bias? I find it a real turnoff and studiously avoid your nonsense except when I take too long to go to my next e-mail and it defaults to your "news" section. "News"? LOL!!!!!!!!

1st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I've forgotten my password and have NO way to retrieve it.

You can help by either prompting us, or giving us SOME way to retrieve them.

1st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. don't send emails with improper US formatting

"Hi AOL Member,

Head’s up: As of 20 October 2020, AOL Mail will no longer support third-party applications"

This paragraph leads with a european type date format without punctuation and is very scam-like.

I'm writing on behalf of my mom and step-dad who received your email and were worried if it were real.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Think of yourself on my side of the dilemma.

For 2 months I've been trying to contact you regarding: my nightly AOL is "Not Responding" for 15 minutes to the point whereI have to walk away. An hour or overnight. Put yourself in my shoes, please. I've been a very long time customer & pay $16/month for this inadequate service w/no care...so how would you feel?

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. spam email

spam email have gotta out of control this don't make sense ...i delete and more come back ... where is the filter for spam or junk mail

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide customer service!

I have been an AOL subscriber for about 30 YEARS. Suddenly I am going to lose my mail option, which I have been paying for each month. Everything I do is thru AOL and you guys are screwingit up. I can’t even get thru to you on phone to understand what to do! I am not a computer whiz and your printed directions make no sense to me! So I am basically having years worth of accumulated material either destroyed or made inaccessible. I am furious to say the least! You are absolutely NO HELP. I cannot sit on hold…

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. On the chat about the presidency-PUT IT BACK!!!

as of Oct 14 2020 the chat about the presidency on AOL on lower right side of politics articles- the chat link has disappeared. PLEASE put it back!! If is great to be able to share ideas with people in real time. There are people who say inappropriate things but don't shut down chat because of a few people- just take them off!!.I would like to be able to continue to talk with many nice people I have anonymously met and now I have no way to contact them again.Its disheartening.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I keep getting a pop up which Apple say is from you. It is “authCLEAR”. How do we stop this?

Explain to users how to stop the pop up asking if you want to download “authCLEAR” on to your I Pad which Apple Inc. saying is coming from AOL unsolicited?? They have had a number of complaints!!

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. On the Chat about the President, someone has been blanking out thoughts they don't like. I have tried to flag the practice without success.

If you are going to make a chat available, have someone monitor inappropriate behavior. I assume the "flagging" concept is intended to bring violation of your rules to your attention so you can do something about it. If you are unwilling or unable to stop inappropriate practices, then I suggest you shut down the chat.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How to PERMANENTLY delete SPAM!

Please have your IT team make a small coding change to your program(s) to recognize: when SPAM is DELETED by your AOL user, send the SPAM address to a separate program that will filter out any future SPAM repeats.

THOUGHT: If we, the AOL user, removes useful mail from the SPAM folder to their IN BOX, that should be sufficient acknowledgment to AOL we DO NOT want what goes in “DELETE.” Make sense?

I have been in a bankIng IT environment for many years and KNOW this is a simple fix to end your users woes regarding the influx of…

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. should be free

I pay for GOLD..which is actually far from that..anything else you should GIVE to loyal or is it stupid customers

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. bi-lingual option for writing emails, ie. Spanish and English

I would like write in English and Spanish in the same email. How can that be done, i.e. where do I find the capacity to accent a vowel?

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I am visually impaired and I find it hard to find things and I would appreciate it if aol were able to assist in my situation

I am visually impaired and I would appreciate if aol would make things easier for visually impaired people to read.

1st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Will not install

Keep getting generic error message.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Assist by AOL

Categories