AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. set the limit for blocked spam higher then 1000. to 2000 or 3000

reset the limit for blocked spam higher then 1000. to 3000 or 5000.the old owners sold out .then spam went nuts .we want a much higher limit.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I am very upset that the feature under send email has been removed. You cannot select same on my pc now. That featur need to save on my PC

I am very upset that the feature under send email has been removed. You cannot select save on my pc. This feature has been removed. I have been using AOL and this feature for over 30 years and this is a big inconvenience. This feature needs to be restored. Thanks

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gold ********!!!!!!!!!

This covers everything about AOL Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AOL has completely gone to the HAWG pen with all **** and slop included...........
    9.8 version..... Please bring back. Gold still has too many issues after how many years???????? ******* SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. stalking on the games area

The games area needs to be monitored better. I've been harassed and stalked by another player for weeks and AOL does nothing. I've reported and reported but every time I go to games, he is there. Great security !!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. JUNK... 11.0.3376

PDFs are an abortion and will not save or transfer to others, or printable to your own computer

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The "Save Window SIze and Position" for the Mailbox window should also save the column widths.

The "Save Window Size and Position" should also save the column widths in the Mailbox window. Every time I select "Read" to open the Mailbox, I have to make the "My Mail Folders" column wider to fit all my folder names, and I have to make the "From" column wider to see more of the email addresses. Other apps and programs do this without the user even asking to save them. They just keep the widths the same as they were left when last used.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sent to "Help" report a bug @ AOL; I see that AOL Desktop Gold has still not fixed the problem of reported SPAM addresses added to the "Bl

Sent to "Help" report a bug @ AOL;

I see that AOL Desktop Gold has still not fixed the problem of reported SPAM addresses added to the "Blocked" list that keep getting deleted so entire process must be repeated. from 190+ last night to 17 this evening, and the computer was not shut down during this period, just was "logged" out. 1st few times I reported this, someone in "Tech" wrote back that they were trying to figure out what was going on. Now, no replies even tho problem is ongoing. Does "Desktop" even care???

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Submitting Bug Reports are Useless

.I have 2 computers with the same AOL problem involving Premium Security. Bugs have been submitted 7 days ago and still not fixed.

I have been an AOL paying customer for over 18 years and this is what I can tell you. Years ago, when a problem was reported it was fixed during a phone call. Or, it was escalated with a commitment to respond within 24 hours.

Now we have the following:

1. The phone call- in tech always wants to reinstall AOL, usually without positive results
    2. The next step is for the customer to submit a Bug. The phone…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Not seeing the replies in article

unable to see the replies or likes that i receive from other people, it just reloads the page without displaying my comment.
    already cleared cache, log out login ,still the same.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AOL desktop gold update option

AOL desktop gold updates should have an option for either automatic or manual. Many software vendors do this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Tech help needs help!

I tried to install a paid version of Gold on a new hard drive. One tech called me and we installed a program to let her do the install. She couldn't and then told me it was due to over 1000 viruses on my computer. Another called me back and tried to get me to pay Microsoft $99 to repair my computer. I'm a tech myself. So I found a link and installed the Gold software myself. I've been with AOL since they were out on floppy for dial-up. Bad advice is not what your Tech people should be putting…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. YAHOO CONTROLLING "AOL's" WHAT IS "OUR" E-MAILS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCK *** "AOL" LETS "STINKING YAHOO" CONTROL "OUR" E-MAILS & MAILBOXES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHOVE IT STINKING "AOL" OR SELL IT BACK TO : STEVE CASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U LOSERS & LIARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Desktop Beta - Subscription Required

In the past, Beta clients for AOL Desktop could create a separate AOL account to use for the sole purpose of software testing by clicking the link in the AOL Desktop Beta FAQ page. At present, that link does not work because it leads to the subdomain 'i.aol.com' which no longer resolves. In addition, when I create a 'free' account to test with, I receive a 'Subscription Required' notice upon attempting to sign in to the Desktop client. This makes sense, but I don't want to use my paid subscriber account for the purpose of Beta testing - I would…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. McAfee

I am tired of calling the McAfee support and going through the same fixes that do not work. I have been getting notifications that my free McAfee for multi devices is expiring. I have talked to the McAfee support now at least 3 times and they have done the same fix each time. But weeks later I get the "about to expire" notice. Clearly you cannot fix the problem which says a lot about AOL's lack of expertise. Tired of paying over $30 a months for benefits that do not work. Fix it now or I leave AOL. **@aol.com. I…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Article length

How about stating how many pages one has to click through until the final conclusion of an article. After 4-5 I give up.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  24 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why can't I copy and paste from the "Search" link? I can from the "Go" space, but not from the "Search" space.

Why can't I copy and paste from the "Search" link? I can from the "Go" space, but not from the "Search" space.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. improve aol desktop gold updates

The aol desktop gold update process is downloading the newest update at this time, but I'd like to see the following improvements.
    1) How big the update is size wise
    2) The amount of time that the update will take
    3) An option to turn off auto update and update manually.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. auto suggestion contacts when sending new mail

please have the auto suggested contact be able to remove or delete option for those incorrect contact to be selected when someone s in hurry

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How to get rid of that irritating drop down menu when sending an email

Take a step backwards and dump the drop down menu when sending email
    Also dump the person who created it, and the person who approved it into the system

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base