Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1033 results found

1. problem when sort by email address or subject. Keeps saying loading; emails jump around. Did not happen before; sorting accomplished fast.

problem when sort by email address or subject. Keps saying loading; emails jump around. Did not happen before; sorting accomplished fast

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Clearing footprints might solve this issue.

Here’s how to clear the Browser Footprints:

1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Get the darn history working again! It has a time lag and does not update properly. Also the save and save as still not working since day 1

Get the save and save as working! Get the history working. Old old versions worked better than gold.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please follow the steps below to clear the browser footprints, then check if the problem persists:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold and sign in.

2. Press CTRL+H on your keyboard.

3. Click on Clear Footprints.

The Save and Save As options will work only when you have an email opened on the screen, otherwise they will remain grayed out.

3. Would like you to support ....trying to save pictures from Ancestry, but they are not saving correctly since getting aol gold.

Would like you to support ....trying to save pictures from Ancestry, but they are not saving correctly since getting aol gold.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Miha responded

In order to save a picture from the Ancestry.com web-site, click on the photo to expand it (if necessary) then right-click on it and select “Save image as…”. On the Save As window that comes up, select the location where you want to save the photo, and click Save on the bottom.

4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To add a photo in the email signature open the picture in a Photo Editor (we recommend Microsoft Paint), and after using the Selection tool to select which part of the photo you want in your signature, copy the selection using the Copy function in your photo editor, or with the CTRL+C keys on your keyboard. After copying the photo selection go to the Set Mail Signatures option in AOL Desktop Gold, and paste the photo in the signature compose window by using the CTRL+V keys on your keyboard.

If you still encounter issues with the contact categories please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

5. Give us back the old AOL email program - to many problems with AOL Gold

1. Give us back the Dictionary button under Edit or Mail tabs. 2. When you hit Send Email (especially with an attachment) its takes for ever to complete. 3. You took away the Back Ground images in Stationary. 4. The fonts in writing a letter are not the same as the fonts in Signatures. 5.Spell Check is checking every single word in the email instead of just high lighting the incorrect spelled works. 6. Favorite Places - let us choose the order we want the Favorites to be instead of your selecting the order you want. 7. The attachment document now…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

AOL Desktop Gold has a new way of spell checking your emails. This is done automatically, in real time, as you compose your messages. When the AOL Desktop Gold detects a spelling error, the word is highlighted by a red line under it. (Click the link below to see an image for an example) http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/4db80cc33bd37e32201f88ab1843266a/Gold+Mail+-+1%3A2+Spell+Check+How+to+identify.png To correct the spelling error, right-click the word and select one of the options provided. (Click the link below to see an image for an example) http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/ee1be6b821550147cd0214e4f5846dee/Gold+Mail+-+2%3A2+Spell+Check+Choose+the+word.png

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting…

6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. get rid of aol gold & go back to aol 9.8.2

go back to aol 9.8.2, aol gold is a joke, really it is terrible in the way you set it up. lost a lot of good things from aol 9.8.2. where did you get your techs.
    color chart is wacky and I sure don't like it
    also fonts, I want the aol 9.8.2 fonts back your color chart throw away and bring back aol 9.8.2 color chart.

also when i copy a page from a web site and the paste it into the "write" section and then compose as plain text it crams it all together with no separation between…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Miha responded

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

8. My auto-insert in my email address has stopped working.

I don't have any auto-insert in my email address line. It has stopped working.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I need to access my e0mail without logging in

I need to be able to see e-mail stored on my PC without being connected to the internet. Actually, I wonder if Gold is actually storing anything on my PC anymore, as the system uses an awful lot of data just to "view" one e-mail. The slowness of the system opening and the way it "freezes" my whole computer makes me wonder what it's actually doing to my data.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, the option to see the emails while offline is not available at the moment in the new software, but we are making more features available with every update to the new AOL Desktop. We will make sure that this gets to the appropriate team for review.

To resolve the issue with slowness, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: https://help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only…

10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The sign in errors and blerk notices have been fixed. We appreciate your understanding while our engineer team was looking into this. Please refresh the page by clicking on the Mail option > Refresh Mailbox

Please close and reopen the Chat Rooms and see if you can access them. In case the issue persists give us a call at 1-888-265-3733 to have one of our Technical Support Agents further investigate.

11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is possible that some contacts were saved offline in the old AOL Desktop (version 9.8 or lower). Since the option to export the address book from the old AOL Desktop is not available, we recommend opening the Address Book in from the old AOL Desktop (there is no need to sign in, in order to open the Address Book) and after retrieving the missing contacts, to manually add them in AOL Desktop Gold (they will be saved on the server, and can be accessed from different devices). If you need assistance with this please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

12. Email: When sending a document to email, such as a PDF, the name of the file should automatically be in the subject line.

Before Gold, when sending a document such as a PDF to email, the subject field in the email would be automatically completed with the name of the file. This was a great feature that existed before Gold and is no longer working. Please have this functioning in Gold. Thank you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I don't even know what kind of AOL I have, whatever it is, it doesn't work for me so I avoid using it.... help

FIX AOL. Don't need fancy need basic need filing cabinet I PAY MONEY FOR AOL, MAYBE I SHOULDN'T BEEN PAYING FOREVER

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To learn how to move emails to your personal filling cabinet (Saved on AOL or Saved on My PC) as well as creating mail folders, please check the section titled “Using Mail in the new AOL Desktop” from the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/the-new-aol-desktop-using-mail-aim-browsing-the-web

If you used a personal filling cabinet to save mail locally under the old AOL Desktop, you can import those emails to the AOL Desktop Gold, by following the steps in this help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-desktop-importing-your-personal-information

14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are referring to creating folders in the favorites make sure to have one folder selected or highlighted, then click New.

To create a folder in the mailbox make sure you select Saved on AOL or Save on my PC, then click on the Manage Folders option > Create Folder.

15. get someone to answer the telephone line......

I am trying to cancel that 30 day free trial but no one will answer the phone so consider this my option to cancel. my time is valuable at 80 tears of age.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For information on canceling your AOL Account, please view our help article “Account Management: Cancel or reactivate your AOL account”: aol.it/1zAXoXh

There you will find instructions on how to cancel and change information on your account.

16. Restore full function of using AOL As the default email for Windows 10 ... yesterday is too late.

Restore full the unction of using AOL As the default email for Windows 10 ... yesterday is too late.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need To Fix This or I'm going to leave AOL

Every time I go to Ebay this is what I get "Failed to load URL https://www.ebay.com/ with error ERRTOOMANY_REDIRECTS (TooManyRedirects)." If this doesn't get fixed I will be looking for a new Internet service. Aol now is HORRIBLE!!! I have been with Aol every since I had a computer which I think was 1998 and I can't understand why it was messed with when it was working fine as it was. What good is it if you can't go to the site you want to go to!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our product team has investigated. Unfortunately, this is an eBay issue as you can see in their community:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Err-Too-many-redirects/td-p/27276588

From an AOL side you can try clearing the cache from your settings which will restart AOL Desktop Gold, however until the underlying issue is resolved, you will still likely run into the issue sometimes.

Thank you!
    AOL Desktop Gold Support

18. welcome screen

welcome screen no longer user friendly or useful at all -
    1 - local news not even close to being local -
    2 - local traffic has not loaded in apx. 2 months -
    3 - click on topic + most times URL will not load -
    4 - all topics , news , entertainment , finance , lifestyle , health , + etc. all default to biased , inaccurate , + outdated AOL topics - no longer does it retain users choice of providers -
    5 - slow time lapse for welcome screen + email to load -
    6…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate your detailed feedback and we think we might have a couple of solutions for your slow performance.

Please try the following:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow down, and affect other running applications. For help with…

19. An annoyance in E-mail Spell checking... ...

In the earlier version of spell-check in e-mails, I remember having a useful option "Skip All". This option is missing in the latest version. Why? why? and Why?

Any new version is supposed to be an improvement. But this certainly is NOT.

Also, why can you have the feature of Nested Folders feature in e-mail saving? Almost every other system has this.

Dr. K S Venkataraman
    Editor
    The Pittsburgh Patrika

www.pittsburghpatrika,com
    A very Old PAYING account holder in AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The engineering team is working on improving the spell check feature, and the Skip All option will be available in a future update. The option to create sub-folders in mail, is currently available only for the personal filling cabinet (Saved on My PC). To create a sub-folder, open your mailbox and scroll down to the Saved on My PC section in your folder list, then right-click on a folder and select New.

20. Drop and drag heart to Favorites

Just put back the Drop and Drag

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to drag and drop a website into your Favorites list is available. To do this, drag the Heart shaped button on the top right corner of the webpage, and drop it on the Favorites button or directly inside the Favorites list or a Favorite Folder.

To refresh a webpage right-click anywhere inside it and select Refresh from the pop-up menu.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base