Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1418 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. AOL Gold resets itself as my default Browser. I HATE THIS!! CUT IT OUT AOL. You never change trying to take over my system!!!

STOP AOL GOLD FROM CHANGING TO MY DEFAULT BROWSER!!
    AOL used to do this and I hated it. Now you want me to pay to have this issue again. Not a chance!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you do not want to have AOL Gold as a default browser our technicians can help you out. Please call us at 1-888-265-3733

3. Give us a working aol I lost my wavman do to GOLD I love my music n now I can't even go in a chatroom on gold my rooms are not working

go in chatrooms on gold nothing works well on Gold and it makes ya not even want to sign on aol Gold mail sucks this aol is bad and I pay 18.99 monthly for this **** its very frustrating truly

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This is a HUGE bug. When I send an email with an attachment that is too large, in previous AOL versions, I would get a notice immediately...

This is a HUGE bug. When I send an email with an attachment that is too large, in previous AOL versions, I would get a notice immediately.....FILE TOO LARGE---NOT SENT.......
    Now, I send a file that is too large, and it comes back ....Email Sent OK...... HOWEVER, it says it sent......BUT IT DID NOT SEND!!!!!! I sent an email 2 weeks ago. It shoed SENT fine. I found out today.....the file was NOT received. It showed in by SENT folder that it was sent fine!!! IT NEVER SENT....!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Delete Old Files

I have removed AOL 9.7 since I now have AOL Gold. Can I delete "AOL Connectivity Service" and "Uninstall Emergency Connect Utility"?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in contact with the AOL Desktop Gold team so they can help you out. Please call them at the number 1-888-265-3733

6. I am ******

I went to check my email and briefly looked to see what was there and I noticed some important bills and notices from dr's offices. I read one email and when I went to click on the next one It would not change. I closed the email to find that every single email from January was absolutely gone! WHERE IS MY EMAIL AND WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN? It happened just once before and took about 3 days to get the mail back!!!!! Help me now!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents assist you with this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

8. UNABLE TO GET ON LINE. SAME THING HAPPENED Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. HELP

Your other contacts do not work. UNABLE TO GET ON LINE. HELP

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We want to look more into the connectivity issue you experienced.
    I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone"

9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our technicians to check if they can help you out. Please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733

11. AOL Desktop Gold is HORRIBLE

Please get rid of AOL Desktop Gold. It is horrible for Email. I have nothing but daily problems now with my email. I have been a paying customer of AOL for 25 years now. I have never had email problems until you started AOL GOLD. Now, its almost a daily issue. Today, all of my unread emails and emails that I have saved as unread are GONE....can't get to them no what how hard I try. The most current emails that show up in my inbox are from July. Emails that came in from the past several days that I…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. AOL Gold has too many glitches. Does not work like old FREE version

The free old version was so much better than the new AOL which I now pay for. Constant issues, less options. Today it says I have 160+ emails and I can only see 3 in my New mail folder. Go back to the way it was. This is terrible,

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Cannot Import Entire PFC + Subfolders

Imported PCF from Aol 9.8.2e. Took 3 hours. Only data from 2006-2015. What happened to 2016-2018? No folders and subfolders - just a stupid listing that I cannot make subfolders for. Why can't AOL gold have subfolders? Otherwise, I can use that stupid aol.com and have pages and pages of folders for PFC.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to import sub-folders saved in the Personal Filling Cabinet is available.

If you are still encountering issues with the import tool, one of our technicians can assist you. Please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

14. payment Type

unable to change credit card online at my account

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our technicians to check if they can help you out. Please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at the number 1-888-265-3733

15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

You can always get help via phone. To have a technical support agent assist you, please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at the number: 1-888-265-3733

16. Why do you continue to REMOVE EMAIL ADDRESSES WHEN I ADD THEM????

I spend all day ADDING EMAIL ADDRESSES to my ADDRESS BOOK ONLY to have "YOU" REMOVE THEM "AGAIN" - R U ALL NUTS???

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate why you are unable to add email addresses. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

17. Get rid of the dotted lines when copying things onto a new email!

When copying anything onto a new email (ex: invoices & bill statements), everything now (on AOL Gold) is surrounded by annoying dotted lines which only uses more ink when printing them out & makes it impossible to maneuver things around or delete the unwanted portions. Please get rid of this. These dotted lines are useless & never were never visible when copying on previous AOL software. Why did you put them there?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our technicians to check if they can help you out. Please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at the number 1-888-265-3733

18. i NEED TO KNOW WHY PEOPLE DON'T GET MY EMAILS ALL THE TIME . SOMETIMES THEY GO THREW AND OTHER TIMES THEY DON'T WHY IS THAT??

I NEED TO KNOW WHY PEOPLE I SEND A EMAIL DO DO NOT GET IT ALL THE TIME. THIS HAS HAPPENED EVER SINCE YOU CHANGED TO GOLD AOL . WHY IS THIS I CALLED A TECK AND THEY KNOW NOTHING WHY??????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We want to look more into why your emails are not being received.

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

19. Why is everything I open locked in the header so I can't forward it? Annoying !!

Why is everything I open locked in the header so I can't forward it? Very annoying.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Email group lists get corrupted

It is distressing and annoying to find that my email groups get scrambled with contacts moving to a different group or disappearing entirely. Your Gold is rusting!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, the experience you’ve reported isn’t something we can help with through this forum.
    I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone."

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base