Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. can we toggle on/off the mail folder list link

can we toggle on/off the mail folder list link

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

You can click on the Hide Folder List on the bottom left side of the mailbox screen, but please keep in mind that settings will not remain saved after you close the software.

2. Continue & Expand the Romanian Tec Support Center

1. I opened up AOL this morning and found that AOL 9.8 was no longer available to use. Although I had uploaded AOL Gold I did not like it preferring my 9.8 and continue to pay you for my service. I was given no notice of the change or options to retain the old verson. That was rude.
    2. What I disliked about AOL Gold is that I was not able send emails to groups. I called the number on the screen and a very nice agent in Romania? Assisted me in transferring the needed groups into my 2nd Aol Gold computer…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

Unfortunately, groups you have saved in the old software cannot be transferred to AOL Gold. That is why you have been told that you have to manually re-enter them in the new software. We hope to improve this experience for you.

We built the AOL Desktop Gold from the ground up with the speed and reliability of the latest technology. We are updating it every 2 weeks, please continue to send us feedback of what features you would like to see implemented.

3. AOL GOLD is BAD NEWS..1. slow. 2. auto save log ins and passwords works 50% of the time 3. I can not organize favorites as I wish

ALLOW ME TO GO BACK TO THE OLDER VERSION OF AOL YOU FORCED ME AWAY FROM>>>>IT WORKED!!
    Gold is slow, favorites can not be ordered as I wish, the remember screen size and location does not work, the auto save of log ins and passwords only pops up 50% of the time and GOLD did not transfer over the log ins and passwords from the older version.
    DO BACK TO THE OLDER VERSION THAT WORKED !!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I appreciate your honest feedback and I will make sure that will be send to the appropriate team.

The order of the favorites cannot be changed.

To resolve the issue with slow performance, please try the troubleshooting solutions below: 1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately. 2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: https://help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer 3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These…

4. Missing Favorites

I feel not all my favorites we're transferred.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I keep getting messages such as: "We are having difficulty retrieving your mail; try again in 5 minutes.

I keep getting messages such as: "We are having difficulty retrieving your mail; try again in 5 minutes. Same for sending mail. Also for updating favorites. Tech has no answer for me. I am frustrated.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "ctrl-f" not working on AOL Gold except in "write mail"

"ctrl-f" not working on AOL Gold except in "write mail"

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Find in Top Window is designed to work only when having a web-page or email opened on the screen. The Find in Top Window option will be grayed out when no web-page or email is opened on the screen (it will not work in the mailbox window).

Please make sure you have the latest AOL Desktop Gold version by clicking the “Help” button on the top, right corner of the window, and selecting " About AOL" from the drop-down menu. In the middle of the “About AOL” window, you’ll see the version you have installed.

If the version is lower than 11.0.1550, keep the AOL Desktop signed in for at least 20 minutes then close and reopen the software. The update should automatically upload.

7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can set a default signature to appear in the mail compose window by following the steps:
    1.Click the Mail menu at the top of the window.
    2. Select “Set mail signatures” from the drop-down menu
    3. Select the signature you want to set as the default signature.
    4. Click Default On/Off. A blue check mark appears next to the signature name.
    Changes are saved automatically.

8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I appreciate your feedback on the ads. Please try these steps to improve your experience:

First, you can expand the mailbox window size by following the steps:

1. Drag one of the four corners of the mailbox window to your desired size and position.
    2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click " Window" then choose " Save Window Size and Position" from the drop-down menu.

Secondly, you can hide the folders in the mailbox to have more space for the emails. To do this, click on “Hide Folder List” on the bottom left corner of the mailbox, or click on the arrows between the folder list and the email list and drag it towards the left side of the screen.

9. Revamp all windows in AOL Desktop Gold. Graphics are awful. Functionality went backwards.

Windows are too small for the large print sizes. Its screwed up the functionality of email, news pages, and downloadable sites such as my online banking sites. Whoever directed the forced movement to AOL Desktop Gold should be fired. In fact, it should have already occurred.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

10. THIS ARBITRARY DECISION TO DISALLOW DESKTOP ON OLDER COMPUTERS IS UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE.

THIS ARBITRARY DECISION TO DISALLOW DESKTOP ON OLDER COMPUTERS IS UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE. I am paying to use AOL desktop but my older -- and perfectly functional computer -- is not able to install it. You technicians agree that the computer is too old for Destop Gold to work and yet I am NOT allowed to maintaine Destop 9.8. Do you realize how unfair you are to those with older computers who have loyally supported AOL for years? I might argue that you are discriminating against those on lower imcomes and also, against seniors. IF you MUST insist on inflicting…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We anticipate all older versions of the AOL Desktop software to change over to AOL Desktop Gold over the upcoming year. We developed this new and enhanced AOL Desktop Gold software to replace the older AOL Desktop versions on the market today.

In order to update to Gold, you will need to update your Windows software to the latest Windows Operating System. The minimum system requirements for the latest version of the AOL Desktop software are Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Internet Explorer 7+

You will no longer be able to access your old AOL Desktop software, but you will always be able to access your email through an external browser like AOL Shield at mail.aol.com

To download and install the AOL Shield for older operating systems as Windows XP/Vista, please follow the steps from the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-shield

11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to add a brokerage account in your AOL Finance portfolio, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to http://aol.com/portfolios and go to your Holdings page (located at the top of your screen)

2. Click +Add Portfolio.

3. Search for “Wells Fargo Advantage Founts”

4. Enter your credentials for the account you have selected.

5. Click Sync Brokerage.

If you have other questions about managing your portfolio or have problems setting up your brokerage account, we have several different options for you to contact a Technical Support agent who would be glad to assist you. Please reach out to them through one of these methods:

- By Email at aolfinance-support@sigfig.com
    - By Phone at 1-(855) 267-6269 (8am to 8pm EST, Mon-Fri only).

12. Not a happy camper

When I post a comment in the conversation of a news article it does not accept it

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Images and some comments will be flagged in our system prior to becoming public. Here are some reasons why your comments may be flagged:
    - Language (Examples may include: all caps, inappropriate words, etc.)
    - Suspicious IP
    - Any Image In order to create the best possible experience for everyone, we request that you abide by the AOL Community Guidelines, our core code of conduct, in all of your activities on AOL Services.

For more information, please view our community guidelines: http://legal.aol.com/community_guidelines/

13. Get rid of the adds, stop adds from popping up, pop up adds

I'm sooo sorry that I bought this Gold AOL! I'm sick an tired of adds popping up without even touching anything. It's slow; and you can just about read anything with all the adds on the page. Plus the SIDE SHOWS that take so long to go through with the mines of adds to go through. I don't even read them anymore! Plus, something has been bothering me since I got this gold- you said you would transfer all my favorites and you didn't (only some of them). If something doesn't change soon; I am quiting AOL! The old free…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: https://help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow down, and affect other running applications. For help with this, please refer to the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/enable-only-essential-startup-programs

To…

14. Suggestions

I see so many suggestions and feedback - are you implementing any of them? - Personally, I need the "headers" back, I would like to have the Icons for the toolbar. The speed of keyboard response is terrible. The response time on screen painting is slow. Again, I mention that this system was not fully tested before dumping it on us poor unsuspecting users. AND we are paying for it. We pay monthly and we pay in the doing things over and over because of the response time,

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send your feedback over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

15. Need To Fix This or I'm going to leave AOL

Every time I go to Ebay this is what I get "Failed to load URL https://www.ebay.com/ with error ERRTOOMANY_REDIRECTS (TooManyRedirects)." If this doesn't get fixed I will be looking for a new Internet service. Aol now is HORRIBLE!!! I have been with Aol every since I had a computer which I think was 1998 and I can't understand why it was messed with when it was working fine as it was. What good is it if you can't go to the site you want to go to!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our product team has investigated. Unfortunately, this is an eBay issue as you can see in their community:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Err-Too-many-redirects/td-p/27276588

From an AOL side you can try clearing the cache from your settings which will restart AOL Desktop Gold, however until the underlying issue is resolved, you will still likely run into the issue sometimes.

Thank you!
    AOL Desktop Gold Support

16. Get your facts right by hiring people who aren't stupid

"Watergate wasn't Reagan's only scandal in office." Reagan had nothing to do with Watergate. Where the **** do your people come up with this stupidity? Poor education? Worse reasoning skills? He wasn't elected until 6 years after Nixon resigned.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You don’t need to use the Quick Find option on the favorites. You can click on the first item in the list, then use the arrows on your keyboard to further navigate.

18. Don't run old articles.

On 1/14/18 they ran an article on eclipse sunglasses. Only 5 months ago!
    How stupid can you get?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More Accurate news items.

In this morning's news items, the "headlines" for two items state that the Patriots secured their seventh straight AFC title and that Watergate occurred while Reagan was President. Both items are completely false. The Patriots will be in the AFC title game with the opportunity to win the AFC title, and Watergate occurred while Nixon was President. I think you need to get new writers or better editors.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like to look more into this. Please report this problem to our AOL Desktop Gold team so they can investigate it further:

1. Click the Help button in the top-right corner of the AOL Desktop window
    2. Select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu

If the problem persists, please call 1-888-265-3733 to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base