AOL App for iOS

Aol App

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL App experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You now have @aol.com @gmail.com, etc. how about adding @verizon.net

every time you have to log in during the day.

About adding the @verizon.net since they sold us to AOL?

130th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Highlighted subject line

How do I delete this feature? It is harder to distinguish read from unread messages now since all have yellow highlighted subject lines.

151st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Most don’t care about what that woman in the white house thinks or eats.

Women suffrage? comments from a gold digger? Get real!
    She sure can’t read and shouldn’t to children. The “dog grooled” and “the ool was in the tree”. That’s growled and owl for those who don’t speak Slovanian or whatever that was.

151st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Text Size

Under settings/text size I choose the largest “A” with the goal of increasing the text to the largest size. But, there was no option to save this new setting. Consequently the text didn’t increase when I reopened my AOL email. Please fix this problem.
    Thank you,

Dennis Meronek

38th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why not have a finger print

Instead of having passwords why not have fingerprint

151st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sort mail by From

Allow users to sort mail by who sent it. It’s a great feature on every other service.

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 151st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Every time I read an email and delete it, it takes me back to the tap on an email to begin screen. It should take me to the next email!

Email is not efficient. Takes me back to the tap on an email screen instead of the next email after I’ve deleted the one I’ve just read.

53rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Images attached become mov’s instead of jpeg

On the AOL app on iPhone Whenever I attach images from my cameras roll then the images are attached as mov files instead of jpeg files! Very infuriating!!!!

151st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. ADD TOUCH ID

Please add touch ID and stay signed in feature.

118th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Don’t ask me to load pictures every single time

Why can’t you have a settings to load pictures. Email looks like **** now snd i have to do an extra click on every single em. Nobody gets text only emails. Text only goes to text.

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Security and design

It would be really nice if you guys added some security like an optional pincode like ProtonMail has. And please update the layout on the app, I really like the web design. And I hate these animations, they are too long. Please get a new design and make an option to use one that replicates the web one.

61st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need better search for viewing old emails

I would like to be able to search my old AOL emails for an EXACT PHRASE. Is this possible? eg would like to find emails mentioning "Jane Smith". I tried using the advanced search option and tried putting the search phrase both with single or double quotes on keyword like but it is NOT looking for that exact phrase - just finds emails containing Jane OR emails containing Smith but does not even bother to ensure that if I enter "Jane Smith" in search line that BOTH words are in the email before including in the results list. This looks…

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Why would you write this article so as to sympathize with drug cartels?

COVID-19 is costing drug cartels millions of dollars https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/05/24/covid-19-is-costing-drug-cartels-millions/24409771/

Whoever the author of this article is they must be confused due to their tone. The author is sympathizing with the cartels and bemoaning the skyrocketing prices of drugs. Seriously wtf is wrong with you and the editors that passed this through.

This entire article needs to be re-written by someone who doesn’t sympathize with the drug cartels. How about praising the work of the dea or writing about how it’s a positive thing that drugs are becoming more expensive because of their scarcity?

130th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Coved 19 excuse

Stop using a global crisis where thousands of people have died as an excuse to help people. You just want to bend people’s will to safeguard their privacy by forcing us to relinquish this right in order to read our email. One day, people, especially the millennials will wake up and see what is happening with technology: when used properly it’s a blessing; when used improperly, brainwashing and manipulation ensues. PEOPLE will lose!

130th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Öffnen

Ich würde gerne überall meine e-mail lesen können. Egal wo ich bin. Auch ohne w-lan. Bitte um Änderung.

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. **** tired of democratic political ads on iPhone

Totally fed up with you force feeding us democratic political ads. Perhaps if they would spend the money they are on ads to instead fund all their social programs, we could have improved roads, infrastructures and schools. Totally corrupt and you are being biased in forcing these ads on your customers

233rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove Password requirement on secured phones

The app used to allow a secured user on an iOS 12 iphone access to their aol.com email account having entered their username and password just the once.

After the AOL app upgrade and iOS 13.6 upgrade my AOL app now requires me to enter my username and then my password each time I want to check my email. Hugely frustrating compared to previously.

Can you please change the AOL app to not requiring repeated logins from a device that is secured to the use of a single user and that used has passed AOL user identity and password verification?…

233rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop posting bias against Trump...it is disgusting

You are pushing you leftist ideas and have no journalistic morals, You contribute to all the fake news and I will keep a list of your ads and boycott those merchants.

233rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Unable to use iPad’s Mail app now....not sure why but I really miss being about to block senders

9/18/20. And the nightmare begins as I deal simultaneously with a surprise iOS update to 14.0 and the inability of Mail to recognize my Aol accounts OR even add the accounts again (as directed by the email sent last month by Aol.

I have survived years of ridicule for keeping Aol, but may be the thing that makes me change to another system. It will be tedious, but not as tedious as using that app.

233rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL App for iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base