AOL Help

AOL Help

If you would like to provide feedback for a particular AOL product, please visit our feedback site to select the particular product you wish to provide information about.

This forum is for you to make suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the AOL Help site. We’re always trying to improve our site and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve AOL Help. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

1. I have no idea but I did have a question...

I think 15 minutes is long enough to wait for someone to help you when you ask a definitive question. Am beginning to reconsider AOL. Maybe "too big for your britches???"

1st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please provide a smtp.verizon.net address or substitute that is working April 7

Please provide SMTP address that is working for verizon.net users. Agree with at least three others that the SMTP settings originally provided, is still on the website, and has been working, stopped working yesterday, Monday April 6, 2020, around 1pm.

6th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AOL not working

I cannot get into my AOL account. It shows an error page. I tried to call customer service. It rings and then it has an error beeping sound. I can give you my email address but understand that you cannot reach me through that venue since AOL account is not working. Error is in the comment section.

19th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. My email isn't working: how do I get help?????????????????????????????????????

My email isn't working: receive works, but not send. I can't get any help? I tried to use your online help, but it isn't helping. I am a longtime Verison (AOL) email user. Nothing has changed on my end. This problem affects multiple PCs in my house. I can't wait until the coronavirus goes away to get this fixed. Thanks.

4th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. smtp.verizon.net port 465 not working

can't sent emails, get error smtp.verizon.net port 465 not connecting to server. contact ISP. Please help

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How about you have a way to be contacted? I can’t Address my problem with you, when you can’t be reached on the phone or through live chat!

You want your payment, but your lines are never answered and support doesn’t respond. I can’t stay on waiting all day for a tech response, nor do I have the time to “try again “ all day. I have an issue to discuss, but after all this I May be better off not keeping your service. You want the problem fixed? Contact me!

7th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 7th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AOL usually will not open,when it does it soon says "not responding "

AOL tech support hangs up the phone on me over and over after saying my account cannot be verified,yet AOL keeps drafting my bank account 3 times every month.Usually the software will not open, when it does open it soon says "not responding"

9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Donald Trump Jr.

When I open a page, I keep getting unsolicited interviews of Donald Trump Jr. about his book triggered. I have been an AOL user since the beginning... and I do not want to change. I DO NOT want to see trump's when I turn on Facebook. If you cannot keep these people OFF my aol account with unsolicited ads I will cancel my account after decades and go elsewhere... Deplorables was an understatement.

19th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Get rid of System Mechanic, it killed my internet, then my computer would not come back on.

LIKE I SAID, DO NOT EVERY RECOMMEND SYSTEM MECHANIC TO ME EVERY AGAIN. YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT I WENT THROUGH WITH MY DOWN COMPUTER AND THE MARCH/APRIL 2020 VIRUS STUFF. IN ADDITION, I AM A CAREGIVER TO MY 92 YEAR OLD SPOUSE AND USE MY COMPUTER FOR GROCERY
    ORDER/PICKUP, ETC.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How do I get my email?

I am waiting 3 hours for an email to come thru and it has not come thru yet? Where did it go? I restarted and it has not come thru.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR DAYS TO REACH SOMEONE - A HUMAN PERSON. I CANNOT. THIS IS THE WORTS CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

AOL NEEDS BETTER PERSONAL - HUMAN SERVICE. ESPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR YEARS AND YEARS. I AM EXHAUSTED TRYING TO REACH A REAL PERSON FOR REAL ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. when i go to respond to a aol story

<Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Access Denied</Message>
    <RequestId>D47383A623FDC5BF</RequestId>
    <HostId>
    FE7IlTTWdTr6WXvOb3z1L33IykDK79ZnO3U2LlxNm7bW1wp3M6A6H7o0ir93qU+0XSnACDk2xKI=
    </HostId>
    </Error>

19th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 19th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. hire people that can speak clear english

This has been awful, I have had aol for 15 years and no one person can get on then phone that speaks clear enough English to help me. Next step is to use my local contact and go to the news. I'm done with this horrible customer help

9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. am going to drop aol because stationery in email doesn't work

unless someone helps me step by step to get it back. I have tried everything. I loved having the option of using stationery and now it doesn't work anymore. So AOL please help me get it back or will be leaving

19th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Email for help

As a current member(3o years or more) phone or live chat is not convenient for my needs. Email should be available for members also.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Here is an idea. When people are contacting AOL about not being ale to log in make it easy to find an email that does not require logging i

It is real simple provide a simple to find email address to email AOL about not being able to log in to AOL instead of requiring a person that cant log into AOL to log in to AOL or sit on hold for now at 18 and counting minutes listening to annoying chirpy music and a recorded voice apologizing.

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Help

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base