AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Open in External Application?" message

When using AOL Desktop Gold, I have regularly been receiving a message asking me if I want to “Open Application in External Window?” If I click on the “details” button in that message window, I see: ttp://csync.loopme.me?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fmatch.bnmla.com%2Fusersync%3Fdspid%3D181%26uuid%3D%5BUUID%5D

I participated in a chat with AOL tech support (case number 01080092), allowed tech support to remotely control my computer, and we went through these steps: re-installed the ADG software, and cleared the cache and cookies. The problem remains unresolved. Please advise.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AOL gold freezes every day

Everyday AOL GOLD freezes up and I have to use Google. Why am I paying you to use your desktop if it does not work!! YOU SHOULD BE PAYING ME TO USE AOL GOLD!!! Don't force people to use this ****! FIX IT ALREADY!! I AM PAYING YOU 3.99 a MONTH SO IS EVERYONE ELSE!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  156 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. whycan't I select the news service on the welcome page anymore? All I see is AOL news

Why can't I select the news service on the welcome page anymore? All I see is AOL news.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  6 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  23 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. AOL desktop gold bug check

I'm not sure if this is already in feedback.

When submitting an a bug check, the user should get an email confirming that the bug check feature has been sent to the aol engineering team and is currently being looked into.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. can you please give us an option to have the light blue bar scroll tab when looking at your mails, it's irritating.

Please take out the option for this light blue bar with the trash can picture, save picture, etc to the right of this light blue bar, Its irritating when cursor is moving up or down

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. chat rooms

Why even bother with AOL , if you get rid of chat rooms?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mail Returned

I NOW Use A Different Company For Tech Support BECAUSE AOL Help Kept Sending Me To Them Anyway......So I Cancelled AOL.. WTF,...
    (W-ednsday T-hursday F-riday) .....If AOL Can't Do It & They Forward Us To Another Service Why Should We Pay For BOTH?.... I Also Dumped My Paying Account Of 18 Years & Now Use The FREE AOL... I've Watched It Go from "Bad To Horrible" & I PAY For IT?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. COMPLAINT: MAIL ADDED ICONS ON SUBJECT LINE PLEASE REMOVE

The added icons on the mail subject line is NOT USEFUL AT ALL, PLEASE REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY. There are already icons at bottom of screen for mark unread, delete, report spam. DO NOT WANT THESE ICONS ON THE SUBJECT LINE.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. STATIONARY

WHAT IS UR PROBLEM U LYING "AOL" BASTARDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AOL GOLD IS LIKE THE OLD "AOL" WE KNOW & HAS BEEN " ??????????????? STOP UR **** "LIES" WE PAY U "WORTHLESS & LYING" ********* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WANT "BETTER & OUR OWN BG's 2 BE ABLE 2 USE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE BEEN "WAITING" LONG ENOUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Restore ability to Move an email from the Sent folder to any folder I have already created on My PC, by clicking on Move To and On My PC.

Restore ability to Move an email from the Sent folder to any folder I have already created on My PC, by clicking on "Move To" and "On My PC." The revision 11.0.3376 apparently changed this. I can still move an email from the New folder to any folder I have already created on My PC, by clicking on "Move To" and "On My PC." However, now I can only Move from my Sent folder by dragging the email to a folder I have already created in the list of "My Mail Folders." This is not a satisfactory solution for me.…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. WHY DO I HAVE HALF SCREEN WHEN I AM TRYING TO READ A ARTICLE

WHY DO I HAVE A HALF SCREEN WHEN I AM TRYING TO READ A ARTICLE PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove the three worthless boxes at the end of subject line.

Because of these 3 boxes, I deleted the line. Found it in deleted file and when I did a restore, the email completely disappeared. Could not find it anywhere. Really great......

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Observations and comments

ly idea is less an idea and more of an inquiry into the miserable performance that AOL has come up with.So many various things that one has gotten used to over the years and really expects are now an exception. I have now been a steady and faithful subscriber to AOL since 1993 and have reached the ripe old age of 90 years during that time frame. New owners did not necessarily help the situation any, I am sorry to say and some of the new additions and inventions in some cases cause more confusion than acceptance. I may be…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When you do an update to AOL, PLEASE don't automatically dump us from your site.

Right now, when you do an update, it immediately dumps us out of your service. If someone was into their banking information and making a transfer, they would lose it because you dumped them. Or if they are purchasing something - they wouldn't know if the charge went through or not. Please instead have a window that says "need to restart your AOL" and give us a choice of doing it right now or later.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow e-mails to scroll without clicking

When I open an e-mail, the scroll wheel of my mouse does not function until I click in the body of the e-mail. The Web version of AOL mail allows scrolling without any further action.

Please place the focus in e-mails upon opening so they can be scrolled with the scroll wheel.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Why did the delete a file or picture option disappear on from menu on my USB20D G

Why did the delete a file or picture option disappear on from menu on my USB20D G

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 124 125
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base