AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Help! My address book is not working well at all.

Hello; For the last few days, anytime I make a change to my aol address book, I'm getting messages where the address book function is having problems and to try again in five minutes. I wait ten minutes, try again, but continue to get the same message. Yesterday I created several groups and this morning, they showed up just perfectly in my address book. Tonight, all but two are gone. This is really causing me a lot of stress, since I use aol to notify my church family of sickness, info, etc. What's going on? Thank you!

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. FEE FOR AOL IS TOO HIGH!!

I have been paying 31.99 for AOL for YEARS and the service has only gotten worse every year. It freezes up daily and for months I couldn't open my mail. I want this amount drastically reduced especially since I could be getting service for FREE!!!!! PLEASE reply to this email and give me a better deal so I won't have to quit using AOL!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. aol gold many many problems

have had serious issues with aol gold no mail or favorites most of the time doesnt remember pass words fb you tube etc etc etc several techs tries to fix said issue was with aol gold someone was supposed to contact me no one ever did someone please help have had higher level tech support many times was told problem is with aol gold on your end

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AOL Tech Help

Due to the AOL Tech help.....I have NO welcome screen. It is blank when I sign on. In order for me to get welcome screen....I must sign off & on 6 or 7 times to get it. Also, I have to use the keyword hundreds of times to get the welcome screen. I have to do both of these things in order to get welcome screen. AOL tech help does not help at all. Every single time I call AOL tech help.......I get cursed out because especially if I do not buy anything. AOL tech help also flashes a middle…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mail I have read is staying in my New mail folder instead of just the IN or Old mail folders as it did until 2 days ago.

Mail I have read is staying in my "New"mail folder instead of moving to the "IN" or "Old" mail folders upon closing Mail on the AOL Desktop Gold -- this just started happening 8/17/2020. Was there an update that caused this?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. font

There is a problem with the font and it must be repaired. It does not change including incoming emails. The computer is not allowing me to choose the font of my choice. This is NOT an idea, it is a problem with a complaint.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The Envelope icon on the start up window on both sides on the right hand side top corner and on the left hand side is not working anymore

The Envelope icon to open up the email on the start up window on both sides on the right hand side top corner and on the left hand side is not working anymore.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Icons on Toolbar MISSING

Icons on Toolbar MISSING

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I pay for gold and your service ***

Trying to solve my mail problem for 1 week and getting no help

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When right clicking on an image - NO Copy Image?

When using Chrome Browser, a right click on an image - allows COPY IMAGE. and the image can be pasted elsewhere.

When using AOL Desktop Browser, a right click on an image only has SAVE IMAGE -- No Copy!! Means I have to save, then (hopefully) IMPORT ..

Are you recommending to not use AOL Browser, Use Chrome?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AOL Starts From Scratch Each Day

Since AOL Gold installed an update on 12/15/20, AOL is so much harder to use. All the info I input in a day is gone after I turn off my computer at night. The next day my Favorites from the Toolbar are gone, my Favorite Places list is gone (many items on it I've saved for years), and I have to log in with ID and Password each time despite indicating I want them both saved and automatically inserted. What's going on? The Toolbar favorites and places are very important to me... One of the main reasons I've stayed with…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cancel my aol mail account

I have been hacked on my e mail account I need to cancel accou

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Aol is not saving new contacts in my address book It saves it on the screen but as soon as i leave the window and return its gone help!

Aol is not saving new contacts in my address book It saves it on the screen but as soon as i leave the window and return its gone help!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. mail screen clutter

When I read and close an e-mail, I have to close out of mail completely and get back in to read another e-mail. If I don't, although the e-mail I'm closing does go away, it is replaced by solid blue covering the rest of the mailbox. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN WITH MY GOOGLE MAIL ACCOUNT or any other application.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. password save

AOL gold does not prompt me to save usernames and passwords, even though I have selected that function. I do not know how to fix this. I am trying to do it on my Craigslist account. Google chrome saves the username and password. Because of the ease of going to websites on Chrome, I have to have 2 browsers open all the time.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. AOL Desktop's Background picture flashing off and on

I reported this as a "bug" the other day but it's still happening so I figured I'd try this. Whenever I delete or move emails, my AOL downloaded home screen picture flashes black and then comes back on. It sometimes happens too when I use the browser and change sites I am looking at. It doesn't happen on other browsers on my laptop, just AOL Desktop Gold. Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this or not but it's been doing this for several days now.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sent mail is not being saved in the "Mail You've Sent" Folder

I've sent emails over the last several days, Mail I've read, is in the "Incoming/Saved Mail" folder, but mail I send is NOT in the "Mail You've Sent" folder.
    Additionally my Inbox shows 5 unread emails, "Inbox (5)" .. but there is NO UNREAD emails ?!? All show red checks
    If I click on "NEW", NOTHING shows up

It is making the email handling - UNTRUSTABLE ..

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. What happened to my favorites on the tool bar

Why do my Favorites no longer show up on the tool bar.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Why can I only see a limited number of the emails in my inbox?

Desktop Gold will only let me view a very limited number of new and old emails, though I have many more. I have to go to Google and aol.com to read and deal with the rest. This is annoying, as I am paying a monthly fee for more convenience and help.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold