E-mail Icon Meaning
When mail is displayed in the New mail folder, each e-mail has an icon to the left. According to AOL Help Chat, there is no list of these icons with their meaning.
Can you provide such a list?
For example what do these mean:
An off white back of an envelope
A light orange envelope with a stamp and a magnifying glass
A light orange envelope with a oversized stamp and a magnifying glass
Each type of email in your mailbox can be identified by a specific icon. Here is a list of the most common mailbox icons:
1. White envelope: Known Sender.
2. White envelope with a floppy disk: Known Sender with an attached file.
3. White envelope with an oversized stamp: Known Sender with an embedded image.
4. Orange envelope with a magnifying glass: Unknown Sender.
5. Orange envelope with a magnifying glass and floppy disk: Unknown Sender with an attached file.
6. Orange envelope with a magnifying glass and oversized stamp: Unknown Sender with an embedded image.
Mailbox icons with a red check-mark overlay are Read emails, and the red X overlay icons are Deleted emails.