Latest build of aol desktop gold 3384
I just got the latest build of aol desktop gold and there are things that I don't understand and some things that are still missing.
1) What does compact density mean? I read the text and the feature makes no sense to me at all. Maybe the feature isn't for me?
2) What is a .net 4.8 update? Is that a .net framework 4.8 update?
3) There is still no way to turn off auto updates on aol. I like the fact that I can watch the auto update work and I restart the software when prompted though.
4) There is still no way to turn off videos on the aol welcome screen that auto play. I had complained before in the past and a response was to go to a settings page, but when I tried the link present, the link took me to the aol welcome page.
5) The aol email is better but still isn't right. The number in red doesn't always update when emails are read vs unread.
6) The aol desktop gold software is still very resource intensive. Would there be a way for setting an option to allow us to configure the aol welcome screen to decide what appears and shouldn't appear. AOL is the only company that I know of that has a lot of advertising on the welcome page when other browsers like firefox, google chrome, and opera safai and others have a much more simplied welcome screen.
1 commentComments are closed
The issue I see with the new Density option is that all it does is remove the unwanted space from the top of the Mailbox and add more blank space to the body of the Mailbox.
So just for me, nothing is improved.