Skip to content

AOL.com - Frontpage

Aol.

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve AOL. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

177 results found

1. AOL/Verizon Mail —

I use AOL/Verizon e-mail. To receive my mail I use Outlook (Mac) for my desktop email client. My setting is to NOT leave a copy of my mail on the server. Up until this week that worked fine.

Now rather then follow the instruction the AOL server leaves a copy in the trash. This is unacceptable because, if I got into my I-phone mail or my iPad mail all the trash items download into my email application. This uses up my data plan and causes a lot of extra work to delete the trash items that total in the hundreds…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Check the Incoming mail server settings in your email application, and make sure they match the IMAP/POP settings in the section titled “Update server settings” from the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-set-up-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-verizon-net-mail

The incoming and outgoing mail servers require SSL enabled for all ports, and also the username field in the account setup, needs to contain your full email address, including @verizon.net at the end.

In case your server settings are correct, open the link below (and sign in if necessary), and make sure the option “Allow apps that use less secure sign-in” is turned ON.

https://login.aol.com/account/security

After this turning ON this option, check if your mail application is able to connect. If the problem persists, verify if the “Two-step verification” option on the Account Security page (the URL above) is turned ON or OFF.

In case this feature is turned ON, you will have to create a…

2. I am n UK why are we not now being shown UK curremcy exchange rates

I am in UK why are we not now being shown UK curremcy exchange rates

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Finance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sent mail folder on AOL android app is empty after sending messages.

I have two Android smartphones, an LG G Vista and a Motorola Moto G. Same problem on both phones using the AOL app. I send a message and it's received correctly. When I look in the Sent folder, the screen says "This folder is empty." If I go to AOL Webmail using a browser, the Sent folder correctly displays all sent messages. I also have two other AOL email accounts on one of the phones, and those accounts do not have the Sent folder problem when using the AOL app. The problem occurs in only one AOL email account.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue might be a result of using the account configured as POP, in one of your mail clients or mobile devices.

POP downloads email from a server to a single computer/device, then deletes it from the server. Because your messages get downloaded to a single computer or device and then deleted from the server, it can appear that mail is missing or disappearing from your Inbox if you try to check your mail from a different computer. Please check your account setup on all of your devices and email clients (e.g. Outlook, Mac Mail, Windows Live Mail), and for the ones that are using the account as POP, please make sure to have the option to leave a copy of the message on the server checked, or setup the account to use IMAP instead of POP.

For help with configuring the account as IMAP, please…

5. Bring back chat rooms!!!!!!

I have been gone from AOL for many years. Decided to try again tonight. BYE BYE!!!! You have nothing to offer! The only thing worth a **** on AOL was Chat Rooms!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editorial  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Beginning to encounter web sites indicating browser out of date. Please update the AOL Browser.

Please update the AOL Browser so that I don't continue to get "Browser out of date" notices at many websites.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Long running scripts often make it impossible to read your articles.

Long running scripts often make it impossible to read your articles.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. AOL.com not compatible with iPad’s safari

Please make this compatible with iPad’s Safari browser at www.aol.com to access calendar and contacts. IPad is my only computer. Thanks

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open Safari and go to mail.aol.com and log in with your username and password. On the left side of the screen, tap the three horizontal lines and tap Contacts to access your Address Book.

The Calendar feature is only available for desktop computers.

9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. always open home page with aol home page and show the second page in full page

Open my aol with aol home page. Keep full page after opening aol mail.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Follow this steps to enable Today on AOL:

- Click the ‘Options’ menu located in the top right corner of the screen
    - Select ‘Mail Settings’
    - In the ‘General’ tab, check the ‘Show me Today on AOL when signing in’ feature

11. You can stop asking for my AOL password every five minutes and forcing Yahoo's search engine to be my default!

I am interrupted continually by popups asking that I provide my AOL password, or my system can't make a connection--every five minutes or so. This is particularly annoying if one is using one's computer for work purposes. Additionally: my default search engine is Google, which I trust more than I trust Yahoo, after the last breach--yet you keep overriding it and force Yahoo as the default.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have you got a uk number to ring

Forgotten password n you give us a number but it’s not in the uk

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. AOL Mail

I am experiencing recurring issue about my contacts not popping up when I try to type in the contacts name when composing an email. Also sometimes it does appear but contacts do not add up when I clicked on them. Please fix asap.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please be assured each suggestion you send to us is carefully read and evaluated by a member of our staff. We take your concerns very seriously, and answer your questions and comments with the most up-to-date information available to us. Let us know if we can help in any way. si inchizi cu responded

15. Auto rotate freezes up

Why the **** does the auto rotate screen freeze up if the cursor is not on it. Who told AOL customers like that...Just let it rotate and maybe we might see a NEW story.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You may have noticed that the pause button is no longer there. That’s because all you need to do now to stop the rotation is to hover your mouse over the photo or the links. And when you want to restart the rotation, simply move your mouse off the image or links and it will resume. It’s that easy!

16. MAKE IT EASIER TO INCREASE THE FONT SIZE IN AOL MAIL...THANK YOU

MAKE IT EASIER TO INCREASE THE FONT SIZE IN AOL MAIL...THANK YOU

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can increase or decrease the font size by holding down the “Ctrl” key and scroll down or up using the mouse wheel. Another method is holding down the “Ctrl” key and press “+” for increasing or “-” for decreasing. If you want to change the font size when composing emails please go to Options→Mail Settings→Compose→Rich Text / HTML.

17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a solution for you, please clear your browser history, cookies and cache here’s how: help.aol.com/articles/clear-cookies-cache-h…

Also, make sure that you have the latest version of the browser installed. You can try accessing your account on a different browser.

18. Maybe stop trying to suppress conservative ideas and comments ????

Every time I post on the message boards you guys either kick my computer off the website or you do something to make it SO SLOW WHEN I TYPE something it makes me not want to finish the thought. But I finish it anyway just because you're not going to silence me !!!!! You guys are petty in the ways you try to silence an opposing view. A couple years ago I didn't have this problem and now you guys have weaponized your message boards to make things hard to get an opposing view across !! When I post something…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you continue to be disconnected from the page when posting comments, we suggest clearing your cookies and cache or switch to a different browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Some comments may not be posted in the AOL community. Images and some comments will be flagged in our system prior to becoming public.
    Here are some reasons why your comments may be flagged:
    - Language (Examples may include: all caps, inappropriate words, etc.)
    - Suspicious IP
    - Any Image
    In order to create the best possible experience for everyone, we request that you abide by the AOL Community Guidelines, our core code of conduct, in all of your activities on AOL Services. For more information, please view our community guidelines: http://legal.aol.com/community_guidelines/

Comments are being sorted by default by “Best”. If you would like to see your comments as soon as they are posted, make sure to select the…

19. By making sure that the Weather at AOL.com is correct. For quite some time, the weather foreast for Danvers, MA 01923 has been incorrect.

Please correct the forecast to show the correct temperatures. It's been showing ridiculous temperatures like, for example, 22 degrees when it's really in the 80s and 90s. For Danvers, MA 01923, the temps have been incorrect for a while now.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sounds like you might have the weather set up to show the temperature in Celsius degrees instead of Fahrenheit degrees. Please go to your weather report and in the top center of the page, you will have two options, click the F option.

20. viewing member profiles

How can we view a members profile on aol and or on aol poker

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL.com - Frontpage