Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1420 results found

1. Unable to Update Chat Identifier/name

My Chat Identifier/name shows as " SL4BH4Z64YTXH7MIJJA2DVGR3Z". This has been happening for a month now. I am still unable to to update/change it.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. downloading Zip files from websites using aol desktop gold

i cant download zipfiles in Aol desktop gold using aol browser

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. email screen sometimes off-kilter, crazy lines, have to delete then re-click

email screen sometimes off-kilter, crazy lines, have to delete then re-click

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. AOL GOLD holds me captive until I call 1800 number. What you can do is fix this Once stellar software

it takes forever to load, it has way to many ad's and it holds me captive till i call an 800 number abut virus detection.
    Its frustrating when I'm trying to fill out an assessment and I get the ad popups or I get this virus issue. Thans AOL 25 +years of being a faithful customer ndthis is what we get. UNBELIEVABLE

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sometimes aol email that is available on the aol website does not go to my iphone 7. What can I do to fix this problem?

For the past month, aol email that is available on the aol website does not appear in my iphone 7. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem, or is it something going on at AOL?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AOL claims I'm from the UK? What in the World are they talking about? I was born and raised in Colorado and have lived here all my life!

This is NOT an idea, this is a COMPLAINT! I've been a paying member of AOL since it was in existence. I tried to "chat" with them and THEY claimed I'm from the UK, even though I was born in the U.S. and have lived here my whole life! What is wrong with Verizon and Gold. It sucks!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. On Monday, July 9, I called AOL tech services re: buffering. The Tech, Aeriel, told me that I had to get the OPTIMIZER and that he had to

On Monday, July 9, I called AOL tech services re: buffering. The Tech, Aeriel, told me that I had to get the OPTIMIZER and that he had to uninstall AOL Gold and Reinstall. I told him NO, last time (with blue aol) all my email folders were lost and it took 6 days to find someone to reinstallo. He said NO, the GOLD had a back and assured me I would not loose anything. Then we got disconnect. When I called back and spoke with Kevin, he could not help and got me to Supervisor, Jessie. She told me that…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I can't check my multiple AOL screen names from my phone anymore. Samsung wants me to sign a form giving it the right to read all my AOL ema

I can't check my multiple AOL screen names from my phone anymore. Samsung wants me to sign a form giving it the right to read all my AOL emails. AOL already reads all my emails now and Samsung is trying to steal the data that AOL sells or uses to entice advertiser to place ads on AOL. I down loaded the AOL Mail app but so far I can only download this AOL screen name.I sent AOL a message to upgrade their mobile app.

Roy

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

One of our Technicians can help you with this Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

11. not recieving e mails

Even tho I pay for an account I don't receive them from any accounts like Amazon, Craigs list, Sears, ect.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

12. Clicking on the New Mailbox, half the times the mailbox with deleted mail opens instead

I click on New Mail and instead of that mailbox opening the mailbox with deleted mail opens. Can anyone here fix anything? This has been going on for weeks now. Yes, I clear my browser. Many times a day.So many different complaints over the last 7 months and nothing has been fixed.Please do not tell me to call a tech. The problem is at your end.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

One of our Technicians can help you with this Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

13. What has happened to the picture news that we used to get on opening...???

Where has the picture news gone when I sign on to AOL. I don't believe this "gold" is better but it is worse than the older aol!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop deleting email after it is sent

Stop deleting email after it is sent! Many times I want to send the same email to others, but not as a distribution list.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OMG !!!! This "OATH" group has so screwed up the best provider in the business. Emai sucks.

Sending email has so gotten screwed up in response time since this "OATH" group has gotten involved. GOLD ....SUCKS !!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents to help you with this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

16. Now why is the spam folder all showing up in my in box. You must have a programmer that gets bored so he starts messing with things This i

Now why is the spam folder all showing up in my in box. You must have a programmer that gets bored so he starts messing with things This is not a testing ground We pay for this service which should be here evvery day we log in SPELL CK still does not work on a single word using your clicker to right click to get to the situation IT LOCKS YOU UP EVERY TIME HAVE TO REBOOT did not use to be this way You want us to use the spell check at the bottom that ckecks the whole email…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL Desktop Gold automatically spell checks your spelling as you write an email. When a spelling error is detected, the word is highlighted by a red line under it. To correct the spelling error, right-click the word and select one of the options provided.

Regarding the freezing and restarting issues, I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

17. AOL Desktop Gold invalid digital signature

Get your software and updates VALID digital signatures. Norton Security gave me a Firewall Alert a few minutes ago saying, "Aol Desktop Gold does not have a valid digital signature," meaning, the software itself could be invalid! That's not good! Mark your software--INCLUDING UPDATES--with valid digital signatures!! The "fix" is easy enough on MY end...just tell Norton Security to "allow it always." BUT THAT SHOULDN'T BE NECESSARY--THE SOFTWARE SHOULD HAVE A VALID DIGITAL SIGNATURE! That would keep Norton Security happy, and prevent unnecessary Alerts. Thank you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Mail not sent because of an error? Happens all the time. Never happened with v 98.2

Mail not sent because of an error? Happens all the time. No reason for this. Never had this issue with v 98.2 which was PERFECT.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our Technical Support agents to investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone

19. toolbar carousel icons don't stay where I set them every time I close the software. I used to be able to arrange them the way I want them .

toolbar carousel icons don't stay where I set them every time I close the software. I used to be able to arrange them the way I want them

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Since June 20, 2018 I can no longer text photos to me email address???

I debugged thoroughly with Spint side and I see that it's been sent on my phone but all of a sudden AOL is not accepting the email in to my email address?? I need to send photos to my email for work and I have the same phone and have been sending myself pics for years, but now I got nothing happening, another instance of your GOLD software sucking out loud?
    Fix this please, you're killing me here!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories