Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1032 results found

1. delete or move multiple messages

using the shift delete keys are not functional. Your ASSumption is that the e-mails are consecutive within the in-box. a LARGE majority of the time e-mails to be deleted OR moved are scattered throughout e-mail. in the prior AOL version ( which I am told is no longer available) each e-mail had a box you could check so you could move or delete multiple e-mails at one time regardless of their location within new mail ( old mail etc.). Not having that functionality is a failure on AOL's part to properly vet and test the product. A patch needs to…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to select multiple non-consecutive emails, hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard while clicking on each email you want to select from your Inbox (or other mail folders). When you are done selecting the emails, release the CTRL key, then you can delete or move the emails selected.

2. Eliminate the hacker that keeps telling me my aol account will be discontinue

Eliminate the hacker that keeps telling me my aol accoun t will be discontinued

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Removal of the automatic imbedding of attachments in sending email

I don't want attachments imbedded in email and it just started after November Windows update of 2019. Slows mail, especially when more than one attachment has to be sent for signatures

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Autofill addressing prevents typing new addresses.

Addressing E-mail does not allow me to enter https://..... without automatically inserting the wrong address from stored addresses. I am trying to send a message to Microsoft billinginfo and cannot do it. Very frustrating. Please fix the bug.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The https:// prefix is a part of a web address, and is used only when accessing web-sites (is not used in email addresses). Please check the correct email address before sending the email.

5. Spell Checker

if you could possible disable the settings for spell checker option.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Help

Do away with overseas representatives on your help site. They are in a tight small office or home. The back ground noise drowns out the conversation. The accent is terrible. They do not know what to do. They can not confirm they are actually AOL.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

7. under romance and 60 and over there is a chatter issue201911 that cusses and breaks the AOL gold rules and have been reported many times

Issue201911 has been reported over and over and over for his nasty comments and talking about having *** with peoples dead mothers. Please do something about this man he still has his account

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out about your experience.
    If you are having an issue within a game chat, please review the following guidelines:
    1. Ignore them. People feed off of your reaction. If we ignore them they won’t get the rush they need and they’ll go away.
    2. Use the Flag feature in chat. Hover over the right of the comment where the 3 dots in a line are, then click the flag and submit the report.
    Your comments are important to us, please reach out for any further assistance.

8. Repair Policy and that company

I have the insurance policy which states "contact the repair company, they'll open a claim, and send you a label and package to send to them for repairs". Nothing states we have to pay $25.00 ahead of time for repairs it's covered.
    WHY

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tell me how to stop Flashplayer Not Installed message on AOL

Stop the Adobe Flashplayer message that says "Adobe Flashplayer Not Installed". Don't want it and am tired of getting this message every day. No way to stop it from popping up.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Many websites out there use Flash Player to view multimedia contents, execute rich Internet applications, and stream audio and video. Without Flash Player, you might encounter issues viewing the content on your favorite websites, so we recommend installing it, by clicking on the Install button on the AOL Desktop Gold pop-up. If you do not want to install it, click ‘Not Now’.

10. Please restore the headings! I need who the emails are from and who I sent them to printed out with the email.

Please restore the headings! I need a record of who I sent emails to and who emails are from!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please follow these steps in order to print the email header:
    1. Open the email.
    2. Click on the ‘File’ menu on the top left.
    3. Select ‘Print Preview’.
    4. Check ‘Show headers and footers’ from the top left.
    5. Click on the ‘Print’ button on the top left corner of the Print Preview window.

11. Breaking News Pop up

A while back you said this was fixed. It is NOT fixed. It keeps popping up.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please make sure you have the latest AOL Desktop Gold version by clicking the “Help” button on the top, right corner of the window, and selecting “About AOL” from the drop down menu. In the middle of the “About AOL” window, you’ll see the version you have installed. 

If the version is lower than 2470, keep the AOL Desktop signed in for at least 20 minutes then close and reopen the software. The update should automatically upload. If the issue persists after updating the AOL Desktop, please let call at 1-888-265-3733.

12. When I log in to AOL from Microsoft Edge, it automatically shows my email without asking me to log in. How can I stop this???

I do not want to be able to see my email without asking for my password. Logging in from Microsoft Edge automatically loads my email without my password. How do I prevent this?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Email addresses

when putting in an address,all prior versions of AOL, the address would be saved. Then it would only require a few letters to be recalled. Now it does nothing. You have to continue to memorize every email address. What was wrong with 9.7. Can we not have a better version than Gold?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cannot delete mail folder, delete grayed out on web, does nothing in gold.

Wife went to add a folder in gold, no such option, grayed out. Went to rename empty folder, grayed out in gold or won't do it. Went to web, added new folder, can see new folder in gold but cannot delete empty folder either place. Something is messing up folder rename, add and delete, both on gold and web. Should I stop paying you and go to outlook.com for free?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

16. Please let us know when you make updates.

Please let us know when you make updates to AOL Gold and what they are. Also, it feels as if there is no response to these Feedback comments and requests. Just silence. Like talking to the wall.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try the following:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.
    b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings.

No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

18. Please put people on your customer service that can speak clear English. It was very difficult to understand the agent. Time consuming!!!!!!

Please put people on your customer service that can speak clear English. It was very difficult to understand the agent. Time consuming!!!!!! Your system of just changing a debit card is long and too complicated when talking with an agent. I tried to do it online but your system had the wrong phone number and user name. Could not change anything. I have been a customer from the beginning and it used to be easy to update information.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your feedback.

19. The 20 times a day I check my email, each time I pull up the email window, have to adjust the column widths. Make them format-able.

The 20 times a day I check my email, each time I pull up the email window, have to adjust the column widths. Make them format-able.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Drag one of the four corners of the mailbox window to your desired size and position.
    2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “ Window” then choose “ Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

20. I would like to see the email address not the senders name in my inbox

I would like to see the email address not the senders name in my inbox.
    Please change back. Now I don't know who is sending emails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold