Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience.

Email addresses

when putting in an address,all prior versions of AOL, the address would be saved. Then it would only require a few letters to be recalled. Now it does nothing. You have to continue to memorize every email address. What was wrong with 9.7. Can we not have a better version than Gold?

9th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. First few letters only like it used to be, otherwise a huge list shows up and there is a risk of sending to wrong person. I have had this happen many times despite trying to be careful and checking email before hitting send.

• Josie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Searching for email addresses is tedious. A search for emails should start with the first letters of an address and not include every single address with that letter in it. One has to almost type in the entire address first. If I want "MArianne" I get gunterMAn, aMAnda, saMAntha, carMAn etc. Such a stupid way to search.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also in the old version if you sent your mail the original email stayed and you could just change the names in the box to different people you wanted to now it disappears and you have to rewrite it. There was a tab that said save mail sent that you could click on in your advanced mail preferences which has been removed ....very annoying!

• jfkowls@aol.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't I edit an Address Book entry. I want to change an email and click on save, but it won't save. Very frustrating.

Feedback and Knowledge Base