Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1032 results found

1. bring back

under settings and clearing browser history and cookies

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Here’s how you clear the Footprints:
    a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. CASE # 10936091 As requested by AOL, I am providing more about chatter fuqmehard29. That perosn just posted - men by rates have gone d

case # 10936091 chat room POLITICS (REPUBLICANS) - As requested by AOL I am providing more info on the offending chatter using the screen name fuqmehard28. That person just posted - men my rates have gone down 299

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you see content in an AOL Chat that violates the AOL Terms of Service, let us know right away.

1. While in a chat, select a username from the ‘People Here’ list.
    2. Using your cursor, highlight the portion of the conversation that’s in violation.
    3. Click Notify AOL.

3. Removal of the automatic imbedding of attachments in sending email

I don't want attachments imbedded in email and it just started after November Windows update of 2019. Slows mail, especially when more than one attachment has to be sent for signatures

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Staff training: efficient customer SERVICE focus

Your online how to change password instructions are incorrect (No Account Security page/link-- it goes to Log In screen, without Change Password option).

I called for assistance, Tina asked more than 6 verification questions without starting pw change. I asked her to focus on resetting my password but she said more 'verification" was needed. When I did not have the last 4 digits of my credit card payment handy, she said I didn't know the answers so she couldn't reset the password. I said I answered more than 6 questions already and spent 30+ minutes trying to update my pw,…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

5. Spell Checker

if you could possible disable the settings for spell checker option.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Help

Do away with overseas representatives on your help site. They are in a tight small office or home. The back ground noise drowns out the conversation. The accent is terrible. They do not know what to do. They can not confirm they are actually AOL.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

7. under romance and 60 and over there is a chatter issue201911 that cusses and breaks the AOL gold rules and have been reported many times

Issue201911 has been reported over and over and over for his nasty comments and talking about having *** with peoples dead mothers. Please do something about this man he still has his account

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out about your experience.
    If you are having an issue within a game chat, please review the following guidelines:
    1. Ignore them. People feed off of your reaction. If we ignore them they won’t get the rush they need and they’ll go away.
    2. Use the Flag feature in chat. Hover over the right of the comment where the 3 dots in a line are, then click the flag and submit the report.
    Your comments are important to us, please reach out for any further assistance.

8. Repair Policy and that company

I have the insurance policy which states "contact the repair company, they'll open a claim, and send you a label and package to send to them for repairs". Nothing states we have to pay $25.00 ahead of time for repairs it's covered.
    WHY

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Breaking News Pop up

A while back you said this was fixed. It is NOT fixed. It keeps popping up.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please make sure you have the latest AOL Desktop Gold version by clicking the “Help” button on the top, right corner of the window, and selecting “About AOL” from the drop down menu. In the middle of the “About AOL” window, you’ll see the version you have installed. 

If the version is lower than 2470, keep the AOL Desktop signed in for at least 20 minutes then close and reopen the software. The update should automatically upload. If the issue persists after updating the AOL Desktop, please let call at 1-888-265-3733.

10. When I log in to AOL from Microsoft Edge, it automatically shows my email without asking me to log in. How can I stop this???

I do not want to be able to see my email without asking for my password. Logging in from Microsoft Edge automatically loads my email without my password. How do I prevent this?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. More issues with ads

When an email won't open for 2 or 3 minutes its a problem for me. When it won't open because the ******* ads aren't loaded first on the margin of the email thats really a problem for me. Its happening more and more. My computer freezes up because the ads aren't loaded, I can't do anything but hard crash my computer or use control alt delete and restart the whole **** machine. I can leave aol open, go play a game and come back and its still frozen, I have to restart to be able to write an email. Its…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues.

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow down, and affect other running applications.

In case you continue to experience performance issues, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

12. Cannot delete mail folder, delete grayed out on web, does nothing in gold.

Wife went to add a folder in gold, no such option, grayed out. Went to rename empty folder, grayed out in gold or won't do it. Went to web, added new folder, can see new folder in gold but cannot delete empty folder either place. Something is messing up folder rename, add and delete, both on gold and web. Should I stop paying you and go to outlook.com for free?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Scam alert!

This is the Scam email return address I received

iservice@serviceaccounts.net I hope this will help

AOL shut the down

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Recent update of AOL Gold - Reporting problem

The recent update made my email send a green background and a peculiar format. Have returned to previous edition which is ok

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try the following:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.
    b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings.

No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

17. AOL Log in issue

Whenever we travel to Scotland, I am always having an issue with my
    Password and a lot of changes is happening on my account last week of August. It's very inconvenient. Please get a fix on this as soon as possible for us to stay longer on AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Your IP address is your location online and each session should start with the same few sets of numbers. Click any recent activity entry to view its IP address as well as the date and time it was collected. If one is drastically different from the others, remove it and change your password. Be aware that there are some legitimate reasons why your history can show unfamiliar locations, such as your mobile or AOL Gold software detecting the wrong location or Internet provider using a proxy server.

18. Missing welcome sound

My welcome sound will not play when I sign in. It only says you've got mail. Please fix.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sounds  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Kathy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you please report this issue with the Welcome sound by using the “Report a Bug” section, so our engineers can troubleshoot it further? It can be accessed by clicking the Help menu at the top.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

19. Your blocking names does no good at all. All they do is use a new screen name to send mails of threats.

Your blocking names does no good for Spam at all. All they do is use a new screen name to send threatening mails. You have accomplished nothing.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize for the long hold time you experienced and we’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base