AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please expand the size of attachments to more than 25 MB. Because when I tried to forward the exact email that I received, ADG did not allow

Please expand the size of attachments to more than 25 MB. Because when I tried to forward the exact email that I received, AOL Desktop Gold did not allow me to do it. I was able to send more than 25 MB of attachments from the old AOL Desktop 9.8.2.

1st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spam Mail Deletion

I would suggest that recently deleted "Spam Mail" should go into the "Recently Deleted" folder the way previous versions (Blue) of AOL did for years. This would allow review prior to permanent deletion, esp. if the Spam Mail were deleted in error.

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. why do we have to keep clicking

Why do we have to keep clicking backwards to get back to article #1? Refresh used to do it instantly but you've removed that option. And no, clicking on "refresh" at the AOL logo does not do the same - it only refreshes the page you're on!

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A simple way to get rid of emails that are outdated

A simple way to get rid of outdated email

6th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ADBlock Plus

My browser is FIREFOX. I recently moved from AOL 9.??? to AOL Gold. In the former I successfully used ADBlock Plus and was pleased with the results. I find that AOL Gold is much like AOL 9.?? BEFORE I installed ADBlock Plus. TOO MANY ADS in Gold. I contacted your support desk and was told that AOL Gold currently does NOT support ADBlock Plus. They suggested I submit this thru feedback.Roy

8th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Forget trying to fix AOL sounds and restore Windows OS media player. Simple.

Dump your version of personalized sounds and restore the Windows Media Player. There are many sites from which all kinds of sounds may be downloaded and played. You have disabled this feature and forced us to consider your selections.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Sounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. news delete

Give me the option to delete your news feed, I don't need to be told how to think.

10th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The AD-Free AOL Mail only applies on webmail and not on the ADG's Homepage.

The AD-Free AOL Mail only applies on webmail and not on the ADG's Homepage.

11th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I want to customize the font I see on the AOL pages. I hate sans serif fonts. Why can't I change the font NOT just the size.

I want to customize the font I see on the AOL pages. I hate sans serif fonts. Why can't I change the font NOT just the size.

12th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Search mail feature!

When I search for a particular email address, I want mail "from that one person". I now get ALL the emails that this person was included in, such as in 'group' emails, like my Lions club. Some of those people also send me "personal" emails and I want to be able to search for the one particular email from that one particular person. This is how this "search" used to work and how it SHOULD work. Please switch this feature back to how it was...it is driving me crazy!

12th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 14th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. allow spelling changes within spell check.

after generating an email, one uses aol spell check and comes across a misspelled word-
    if the correct word is not in the suggested list, one must close spell check and manually correct the spelling in the email.
    spell check should allow for changes to be made dynamically in the box where the misspelled word shows up.

15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I need the option of selecting email address in address card. That'a one of main reason I use AOL,

I need the option of selecting email address in address card. That'a one of main reason I use AOL,

16th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Restore being able to see the number of emails on each screen name when changing screen names

Restore being able to see the number of emails on each screen name when changing screen names. It was absurd that you removed this helpful feature just because someone whined about privacy!

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please rearrange MY MAIL FOLDERS as follows: New, Old, Drafts, Sent, Spam and then Recently Deleted....the way it is now is terribly confus

Please rearrange MY MAIL FOLDERS as follows: New, Old, Drafts, Sent, Spam, and then Recently Deleted...makes much more sense!!!!! Please!!!!

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I would like to recommend to having photos to auto-fit the window for the email.

I would like to recommend to having photos to auto-fit the window for the email.

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Save To My PC

When the heck did you change the 'saved to my pc'? It used to save to a folder in My Documents ON MY COMPUTER! It was great as I didn't have to get on line to sign in to AOL to see mails I saved to MY PC! I don't like the idea of having to sign on to my email account, which requires an online connection to look for something I saved to my computer. Please bring back that feature.

22nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I have many favorite places but only use a few daily. Can I make the ones I use in bold type to make them eaiser to find?

I have many favorite places but only use a few daily. Can I make the ones I use in bold type to make them easier to find?

22nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please modify your software to allow the column width for the " Email address" to be at least 2 to 3 times wider. When I receive emails from

You need the column width to show all of "customer service @ agora financial." instead of just "customer service @ ". I have to move the top of the screen on each email to see who is sending me the email and cannot scan them and delete the trash. It is a waste of time to have to open the column wider each time to read who the Email is from. Thank you for your help.

22nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Health News

Please put back the Health News category. I always use it as I am interested in this category . I would think other people are also interested.

22nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base