AOL App for iOS

Aol App

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL App experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pls Add

provide dark mode setting

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Complaint regarding mail composition system on iPad

Sirs,

I have experienced several times recently that in the process of writing emails my finger, going down towards the keyboard happened accidentally to graze the text which then slid downwards and disappeared forever. This was extremely frustrating as I had written some long emails and was close to finishing.

If that is the system there should at least be a “ Do you really want to delete “ message or the email should go to Drafts or should be saved somehow. It would also help if the system saved a email every now and then during composition.

Really annoying…

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Language app

I want Vietnamese Language, please !
    Thanks AOL ! 👏🥰❤️

132nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need a “Delete All” button after doing a search instead of clicking each email.

I’m going through a massive email dump and there should be a easier better way of selecting over 500 emails from a keyword search for something like “Ticketmaster” or “Yahoo”. Instead I’ve spent the past 3 hours clicking and deleting every **** email under these searches.

35th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unopened emails should be on top.

There should be an option to have all unopened emails be sent to the top of the inbox.

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Empty Spam folder

I would swear there used to be an option when I was looking in the SPAM Folder to either “Empty Folder”, or “Delete All”. I saw it two days ago. It has a blue bar with white text. It would warn me I was going to permanently delete the contents of the folder. No it is gone and I must select at least one Spam email, then select all, then delete to empty the Spam Folder. Is this the new way to delete Spam, or is there a glitch?

78th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 132nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Why has the delete all feature been deleted

The red delete feature has vanished . Not good to delete junk mail individually

116th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove bar at bottom of news which allows you to forward news item, it blocks the “ I agree” to cookies so can’t press it.

Cant press “ I agree” to read news. It’s covered by forward to apps ie WhatsApp, Facebook symbols

132nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. App is way too fiddly and unreadable text. I was told to switch from WiFi to data!? Is that the only way it works? I don’t have data on IPad

Go to the same size print as set on one’s phone, access email addresses by name so we don’t have to remember addresses only, and enable proper use on WiFi. (

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make changes to signature permanent!

You’re a dying app and seem intent on making it more difficult. I keep it because it’s was my first email when we had the first dialup. I’ve had folks tell me to not respond from AOL because it makes me old.

So I have to make 7 clicks to log on including two fingerprints and then delete the automatic “sent from AOL”.

Change or die.

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Out of the blue . . .

I now receive an email error on my iPad forcing me to use the AOL APP. Though, my iPhone is able to retrieve email without having to use the AOL APP. I then received an email from AOL, stating I must use the app due to lack of iPad security. This does not sound right. I don’t particularly like the app and would prefer not using it. Really, AOL is questioning IOS security? It can’t be my very long and complex password. Any solutions out there? Come on AOL, stop pestering your long standing customers or I’ll be forced to…

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Dark mode

Screen is too bright and offensive... hurts the eyes .., makes me want to delete the app... change that and I will stay,,,

132nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. YouTube says aol browser will be unsupported soon

Clicked a YouTube link from a friend and was provided a warning that YouTube will stop supporting the AOL browser soon.

Any plans to update that?? Make some other improvements too. The browser in the app is pretty much ****.

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I’m not paying for this to be fixed !! It’s Aol ‘s problem! Why should we pay for their glitch!

That’s how they rope u in ! Oh I see u been with ya long time ! Yes I’d be very happy to help you! But u must pay for the prime premium!! ARE U KIDDING ME!!?? Nope

132nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting your feedback. Unfortunately, we are not sure what your comments were about and are unable to properly action your feedback. Could you please provide a bit more detail for us on what you’re commenting on? Thank you so much, and have a great day!

18. Mature quality singles not requested please block

at the top of my mail Mature Quality Single
    I want it blocked I do not want to review Ed I do not want to see it every time I go to my mail every time I delete it it comes back stop this

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sort emails by Sender (for example) for quicker deletion

It’s so much easier to delete emails when I sign into AOL.com on my computer — as opposed to using your app. The main reason that it’s easier to delete emails by signing into AOL.com is because I can easily sort emails either by Sender, Date, etc. It would be wonderful if there was a way to sort emails by Sender or Date, for example, from within your app — which would make the deletion process of multiple emails so much quicker & simpler! Thank you for this consideration in a potential future update!

132nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL App for iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base