Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1421 results found

1. Unusual AOL problems the last couple of days.

Has anyone else experienced unusual difficulty with AOL the last couple of days? Here's what's been going with my aol: 1) I take steps to save an email to a new folder. The email does not show anywhere in the new or old or deleted sections, but the new file folder with the saved email is not showing up in the saved area or anywhere else. 2) I wrote an email and clicked to send it. It doesn't send. I give it a few minutes and then click send again. It doesn't send this time either, and doesn't give me…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. AOL Desktop gold/Page is not fully opening in mail

The x button to close the window from the read mail is dissappearing from view on the upper right hand corner.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our Technical Support Agents to investigate this. Please call at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

3. warning

what's up with a "Warning your Win10 is corrupted click download to fix it" this is a big box that just pops up and it freezes AOL!!! Who's sending this and why does GOLD allow it.......it wont let you close AOL ...I pay for this Dn program and shouldnt have ** like this to happen!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call us at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

4. email pictures disappearing from email before I send it

I write emails, embedding pictures. Long emails, that may take me an hour or two to complete. By the time i am ready to send them, some of the pictures have disappeared. I have to send the email to myself, add the pictures again, before forwarding it to the recipient..... Problem?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our team is available 24/7 by phone.

5. Terrible service and connectivity

Why can you not keep the chat rooms up and running. Paying for this service has seem to make it worse. I have not been able to sign into chat rooms for 2 days now. Why is Gold so horrible and unstable? Can you even answer this? The chat rooms just keep loading and loading and loading, not one is available. I have been an aol subscriber for 20 years and have never had this kind of experience on here as I have had since it became AOL GOLD...more like fool"s gold

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I would like to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue. Please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Malware content in your news articles

Why is it that when I open your 70 news articles in the welcome screen, my virus folder filters out about 25% of these tidbits, saying that they are suspicious etc...you should be scanning these first before they get to us. as we should trust you with non-virulent ads/news. Do you agree?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. AOL Gold is a routine disaster, cannot Fwd emails many days, Address book shows triple for each group.

AOL Gold is a routing disaster for my wife and me. Many days, it will not Fwd any emails, right now my address book shows triple for the various groups, 2 of the 3 are blank!
    I have been an AOL used since was back in the 1990's. I do not want to change to another server, but about read to. Now we are paying over $5 per month and getting continual frustration what, if anything is being done to make things work right like they used to, when it was a free service?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How can I fix ERR27?

How do I fix ERR27? (stopping email)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Continuing Problems Not Fixed

Today I can't send or open mail. AOL continues to freeze in the middle of what I'm doing. These things have been problems since day one and after more than a year are still problems. It is becoming impossible to deal with these issues that AOL apparently has no intention of fixing. It is going to be a great inconvenience to notify everyone and every company who send regular emails to me. But I will manage to do so because it has become clear AOL is not reliable. Now that we are paying for your service for some reason you…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Need AOL V9.8.2 for dial-up.

I have an old functioning desktop computer with dial-up capability. I would like AOL to send me CD with the AOL V9.8.2 to install on this old computer. I also need CDs to install the AOL component software for AOL Dialer and AOL Shield as I am unable to download anything from the Internet because current browsers are not supported with this old computer. What is the AOL phone number to call to obtain these CDs? Thank you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Chats needs to improve

Wheres is the red heart on that used to be on the chats and chat room list? This chats needs also improvements, when open the window to get to the chat it gets in blank I have to close the the chat room list to reopened, I have to do it several times. Also, when we send the message it keeps sending in the same massage, this is confusing specially if we are chatting with a different person. The chat frizzes a lot. We can use a dotted line like this ... it does't respond to send the message, to…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. HELLO... I HAVE BEEN IN RECEIPT OF A TERMS OF SERVICE NOTIFICATION IN THE PAST FEW WEEKS AND HAVE A COMMENT OR SUGGESTION FOR YA'LL TO CONS

HELLO...

I HAVE BEEN IN RECEIPT OF A TERMS OF SERVICE NOTIFICATION IN THE PAST FEW WEEKS AND HAVE A COMMENT OR SUGGESTION FOR YA'LL TO CONSIDER...

WHILE I UNDERSTAND THERE ARE RULES TO FOLLOW IN CHAT ROOMS MANY TIMES ARGUMENTS ARE HEATED AND CAN TURN UGLY....I TRY NOT TO US INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE BUT IN ANY EVENT WHEN I GET A TOS THERE IS A LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BRIEF EMAIL BUT IT CANNOT BE OPENED....

IS THIS A LINK TO SHOW US WHAT WE SAID WRONG TO GET THE TOS???

OLD AOL WOULD ALWAYS HAVE A LINE…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. All of the below comments regarding the recent changes are valid.

All of the recent complaints about spam filters and the direction of email are valid. Everyone tells me I am an idiot for paying $39 per month for this type of idiotic file management. Please restore normal operating parameters. I do NOT need all my current mail to be defaulted to the Saved Folder before I can read it. When I sign in, I should be able to immediately read today's email. I should not have to take the extra steps of going to the saved folder. If I delete the Save Folder, will that cure the problem, or only…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. AOL - My files have lost? I am paying for service that I am not receiving? HELP !

AOL - My files have lost? I am paying for service that I am not receiving? HELP !

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why do you all put an app out there and even help us download it, but when we decide we don't want to keep it, refuse to help get it off?

I tried AIL one point had help from AOL to download since it would not work for me. Friend of mine had his laptop stolen so now all of his passwords can be used by the thief. So I decided to get rid of one point. Ran the uninstall, system said was successful. However it is still there and pops up routinely. Your help desk told me yesterday this is not an Aol problem you need to contact the other company. Why?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Gold is the new Bronze.

Not an idea, but complaints. e mails disappear, can't delete e mails, e mails still there hiding behind welcome screen, crashing often, too many fricken ads(unbelievable). Fix these and I'll send more.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing with the software closing unexpectedly. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

Regarding the mail issues, please reach out to our technicians by calling 1-888-265-3733.

18. Your Email System is rejecting email from my phone and other people's phones. They either go deleted or are not accepted at all.

Your email system is rejecting email sent from my phone and other peoples phones. It either is going to deleted or rejected totally.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. mail

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP PLEASE FIX THE MAIL IM GOING TO CANCEL AOL THIS IS CRAZY

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Every time I try to sign on I get the message that the software needed to sign on must be reloaded. Why was it erased at all?

When working off line w/Microsoft Word I keep getting a reminder that the software needed to sign-on to AOL needs to be added. Your pop-up message contaminated my Word data file and now I can't erase, close or access the file. Thanks a lot. I lost 1/2 hours work and now the file is inaccessible! It seems your software is erased every time I log off. Why? Why? I've been a loyal customer for over 25 years and you are on the verge of losing me.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories