AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search boxes

I found a tiny little red box upper right corner that says 'Search".. I used that and what I search for works.. Why is this big search box on the opening page? No need for it as it won't work.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Toggle to share is RIDICULOUS!

I never know whether to use ON or OFF - and it's a ridiculous idea AOL has anyway. I want to share everything I post and I want to be able to read everything other people post without having to go through manipulations to do what I want. I simply want to play games without having to go through hoops! Get rid of this stupid thing. It's just adding to my frustration with AOL's stupidity.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Posting feedback is almost as difficult as using AOL email. Soooo slow.

Posting feedback is almost as difficult as using AOL email. Sooo slow. It seems each word must be sent online before it appears in my note. Too much overhead. No choice but to think about changing. Other products are now much faster than AOL. Why??

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. saving saved messages on AOL on a usb stick from relatives passed away

I have many messages where family has sent me jokes and messages of love and caring on my saved mail area. I'd like to save them on USB sticks in case AOL stops or won't save messages for us any more. this way my loved ones care and affection and memories won't be gone forever. Can you folks add that link to save them on A USB or disk option?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. IN THE KNOIW

Get RID of IN THE KNOW. If you try to watch it and you come in at the middle of a topic there is no way to repeat it. Also the screens are so fast you can write down a recipe or anything.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. New icons added is a waste of your time, as someone else noted

So many other changes AOL has made lately has done nothing but ***** up my computer and not being able to do things for myself. You AOL are trying to control to much of one's computers.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. START using cookies!!!!! So browser information can be saved!!!!!!! Thank you.

START using cookies!!!!! So browser information can be saved!!!!!!!
    Thank you. Long overdue!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. i do not want aol TO UPGRADE ME AUTOMATICALLY

i DONT WANT IT TO HAVE SPECIAL OPTION ON EACH EMAIL ON INBOX

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. yes

Lately your articles frequently refer to the "subjects" spouses as "partners". For a time, I thought that the spouse was the same sex, not so, necessarily.
    Your writers are afraid to call them wives or husbands, you poor people!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Negative experience with purchase advertised on AOL.

Negative experience with product advertised on AOL. Advertiser-Beautifulhalo a China based company unreliable and dishonest Numerous comments posted from all over the world complaining about their service and product. Purchased glass light pendent no instruction, inferior product, wrong hardware to install, only means to seek information or to complain is through chat or email. Strongly suggest AOL investigate and their removal from AOL.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. complaint

not happy with recent aol update...difficult to use...does not provide
    as much info as previously.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. aol desktop launcher

I know that aol desktop gold has an aol desktop launcher which can come in handy for things. I have noticed that if I use ccleaner to disable aol desktop launcher so the it doesn't start when windows boots, and then I get an aol desktop gold update, the aol desktop launcher will turn itself back on.

A way to fix this is to add an option to either aol desktop launcher to not start when windows starts or create an option in the aol desktop gold software to not launch aol desktop launcher when windows starts.

A even better…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Why the CRAZY "to" menu when sending an email ???

Get rid of the CRAZY "to" drop down menu when emailing

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I'M SICK OF BACKGROUND INFORMATION

I couldn't care less about "who" Nostradamus is - I just wanted to see his predictions but, as usual, I would have to go through a bunch of other stuff first so I just plain didn't bother. I'll look elsewhere. STOP this fiasco already!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. World leaders love Biden

Take away their U.S. Treasury checkbooks from Biden, Harris and Kerry and then take a toll to see how much love they have for the new regime

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. my idea is that you are anti white people

i suggest you keep your news and editorials to real facts and not what the communist biden government tells you to put online.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve ability of adding new names to group address lists

Use of address book and the method of adding names extremely difficult and time consuming. You removed a very simple process for adding new names to a group address book. Now I have to go through multiple steps in adding names to group lists. We are a home based business and this is not user friendly to either individuals or small businesses. This is just another nail in AOL's coffin. Your support person was not able to resolve my issue at all. I would not recommend AOL to anyone I know. You have probably forced me to look into gmail.…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. AOL desktop gold updates

When new aol desktop gold updates are available, let us know. As of now, the aol desktop gold updates are rolled out to users, but we have no way of knowing if it'll be a few days or a week before the update is available.

For me, I have the 3316 build, but I know that a 3335 build is available, but I can't do a manual check for an update and I have no idea when I'll get the 3335 build.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. YAHOO

HOW STUPID R U ALL @ AOL ?????????????? I'AM PAYING FOR AN "AOL" MAILBOX,KEEP THAT STINKING "YAHOO" OUT OF IT.........30 YEARS WITH AOL,I'LL SUE U IF U DON'T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Quick Find - Select All- Delete

Hello, I have the most difficult time cleaning out my mail box. PLEASE YOU COULD HELP IN THIS WAY:
    Quick Find:
    Then IF you would ADD these options:
    SELECT ALL:
    DELETE:

I have to scroll to delete one email at a time..that takes hours that is why I don't do it. I have so many emails that I try to get people to send me messages in other ways. However I could quickly get ahold and manage my mail so much easier if for example:
    QUICK FIND: gnc
    then all my emails that say GNC would come up
    then
    SELECT…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base