Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1034 results found

1. E-mail don't get answered because instead of my e-mail they get NOT Needed.

Many of my e-mails go to people that, instead of my e mail they get NOT NEEDED. I have responds from three so far-CA, AZ and MS

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The new Aol Beta version that just came out yesterday won't even open today.

Latest Aol Beta version won't even open this morning.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

In order to resolve this, please restart your computer, then try to re-open the AOL Desktop Gold. If the problem persists, open the Task Manager (right-click on the computer clock, and select Task Manager) then go to the Processes tab, right-click on the AolDesktop.exe process, and select End Process Tree. After this, wait one minute then try reopening the AOL Desktop Gold.

4. I am so tired of the CefSharp.browser.subporcess.exe. It continues to tie up my CPU with huge memory use.

I hate aol s use of cefsharp.browser supprocess.exe. It ties up huge portion of my CPU in ways that stalls my computer. I called the help desk and they are helpless to do anything. If it continues I am considering dropping aol after all these years. The really needs fixing. Internet explorer does not use this and it works great, better than aol and its free.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from the drop-down menu.

5. Why do you CLOSE out comments, in most cases, without telling us what you did to address the problem? or if it's corrected

What do you have in your mind to CLOSE out comments, in most cases, without telling us what you did to address the problem and what you have found is the solution. AOL needs to take responsibility for the #$% Gold software that you KNOW isn't properly working. Your tech support has no support from YOU and thus can't answer or fix problems. It's not the tech person's fault but they are the one's who get the brunt for your poorly designed and disintegrating "service" and software. I'm paying for the service for the last years and Gold just keeps…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AOL Gold slows my computer to a crawl

AOL Gold lags my computer down. I've talked to tech and they can't help. When I go into it the program opens 4 CefSharp.Browsers and 2 AOLDesktop.exe. I go from 8% Physical Memory used to 97% whenever I open an article. This does NOT happen if I am using IE. I have spoken with tech support to no avail. I have deleted and reloaded the program with no change.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing with the software closing unexpectedly. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

7. Please put people on your customer service that can speak clear English. It was very difficult to understand the agent. Time consuming!!!!!!

Please put people on your customer service that can speak clear English. It was very difficult to understand the agent. Time consuming!!!!!! Your system of just changing a debit card is long and too complicated when talking with an agent. I tried to do it online but your system had the wrong phone number and user name. Could not change anything. I have been a customer from the beginning and it used to be easy to update information.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your feedback.

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

8. The 20 times a day I check my email, each time I pull up the email window, have to adjust the column widths. Make them format-able.

The 20 times a day I check my email, each time I pull up the email window, have to adjust the column widths. Make them format-able.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Drag one of the four corners of the mailbox window to your desired size and position.
    2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “ Window” then choose “ Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL is an email service provider not an internet, cable or phone service provider. We recommend contacting your internet service provider for such issues.

10. delete or move multiple messages

using the shift delete keys are not functional. Your ASSumption is that the e-mails are consecutive within the in-box. a LARGE majority of the time e-mails to be deleted OR moved are scattered throughout e-mail. in the prior AOL version ( which I am told is no longer available) each e-mail had a box you could check so you could move or delete multiple e-mails at one time regardless of their location within new mail ( old mail etc.). Not having that functionality is a failure on AOL's part to properly vet and test the product. A patch needs to…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to select multiple non-consecutive emails, hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard while clicking on each email you want to select from your Inbox (or other mail folders). When you are done selecting the emails, release the CTRL key, then you can delete or move the emails selected.

11. HOME AREA

WHY AFTER 2 OR 3 ARTICLES POSTED IN HOME AREA DO YOU HAVE TO START PAYING FOR THEM? If I am already paying for AOL why do you have to sign up to pay for newspaper articles?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The news articles hosted on AOL.com can be read for free with no restriction, but if you open one of partner news sites, they might have a limit on how many free articles can be read per day.

12. Getting your jollies

You peeps must really get your jollies by putting those friggin' video clips in all the time. Just trying to read the story on Lincoln and one of those **** things kept flopping around the bottom corner. I'd shut it off, and it would reappear on the next page. Do you peeps pay any attention to what you are providing? That **** is really distracting. One of these days I'll get tired of it all and cancel AOL and go somewhere else. This used to be a great site, but it has gone steadily down hill.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The person you called might have been someone posing as an AOL consultant and claiming to help with problems relating to passwords, line noise, hackers or other technical issues. If you suspect someone is posing as an AOL consultant, do not give them any of your personal information (name, address, password, social security number, bank information, etc.).

For help with technical issues related to your AOL account and benefits, you can call us at 1-800-827-6364. You can also contact our mail team at aolmailquestions@aol.com and one of our technicians can assist you with any technical issues.

14. Autofill addressing prevents typing new addresses.

Addressing E-mail does not allow me to enter https://..... without automatically inserting the wrong address from stored addresses. I am trying to send a message to Microsoft billinginfo and cannot do it. Very frustrating. Please fix the bug.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The https:// prefix is a part of a web address, and is used only when accessing web-sites (is not used in email addresses). Please check the correct email address before sending the email.

15. I deleted one of my screen names years ago and want to get it back. AOL won't let me, even though no one is using it. No reason, just BS.

LET MEMBERS TAKE BACK THEIR DELETED SCREEN NAMES IF NO ONE ELSE IS USING IT! AOL keeps giving baloney answers as to why the former screen name can't be used again. After 26 years, if AOL won't let me have my own screen name back, perhaps I should leave AOL. No one has any answers, just empty apologies and ******** excuses.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Getting blue bar when trying to correct words that deletes the following words

When I'm typing and make a mistake, I go back to correct it and I get a BLUE bar, that deletes letters on the next word. I have to change positions, correct the misspelling and then put it back in place. That happens with no warning. And it happens, no all the time, but a lot of times.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Saving an Email - not working.

I wish to save the contents of an email, (older AOL desktop had capability)

What I've tried - but doesn't work..
    On an email, I right click & "SELECT ALL"
    Then Click (bottom left of email border" SAVE & on my PC, Select
    the folder I want .. & NOTHING is saved..

Try again with "Create a folder" .. enter name and again
    NOTHING is saved and the folder was NOT created.

What I NEEED is save the entired email as a PDF or as an HTML file with any images.. OR whatever!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now save a copy of your emails as a PDF or Text file on your computer, which can be accessed outside of the AOL Desktop Gold.

To do this, open an email from your mailbox, then click on File on the top left and select Save from the drop-down menu. You can type a name for the file in the “File Name” box, select the location where you want to save it, and finally click on Save in the bottom right.

Please note that you can save one email at a time.

18. Need to be able to see the FULL email address to determine if it is SPAM or not

The shortened email address is helpful but does not allow me to see if it is spam or not.
    Also the actual email date is more helpful than "YESTERDAY" or the time today.
    I would like to be able to copy addresses out of the email bar when I send them.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Courious about my account

I am wondering more why I was made to take AOL Desktop Gold, I didn't ask for it, I am the only one that is paying for it. I want it free like all my friends still have it, I really can't afford this extra money with a small retirement fee each month. why was I made to take it? how can I go back to how it was???

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We developed this new and enhanced AOL Desktop Gold software to replace the older AOL Desktop versions in market today. However, you will always be able to access your email through an external browser like Internet Explorer at: mail.aol.com
    In order to cancel your paid plan or subscription, call us at 1-800-827-6364.

20. Open search result in new tab

New popup for search result (lower right of search window) is neither useful nor convenient. Too small to read well and a nuisance to resize. Please open search result in a new tab. If you simply MUST retain the unwanted popup please give user an option in Settings to suppress popup and open selected result in a new tab.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories