Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2979 results found

1. Word processor in composing email is horrible! When I try to paste from a word document it does not retain the original formating and font.

I hate this feedback area too. It is too hard to type without fighting your system. I cannot paste from a document into an aol email that I am composing without losing the formatting and font. There is no option to retain formatting from originating document. But it was automatic under your old version. You are getting worse and not better with this new version. I may have to make the switch to gmail and drop you is you do not improve.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  27 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Misleading headlines

Please stop with a headline tease that states "the number one (fill in the blank) and then make us scroll through a countdown of the 25 worst to get to number one. It's infuriating.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  12 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. AOL Gold does not allow any longer Right Click on unwanted E-Mails which Manually Blocks the E-mail Bad Idea AOL Please restore this opt.

AOL Gold does not allow any longer Right Click on unwanted E-Mails which Manually Blocks the E-mail. Bad Idea AOL Please restore this opt.
    Now you must Copy Paste into manual Spam Controls the long way around to accomplish this simple task. Why go backwards on this AOL Gold Version and make things harder for the AOL Subscriber?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  30 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be more pro President Trump

Be more pro President Trump

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  87 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Your tecks can't fix the problems Gold sucks give us back 9.8.2 untill you get something that works!

My browser says it need updating and it won't update you click on help, check for updates the it disappears. tech uninstalled and re downloaded Gold reinstalled no change. In y favorite places when I click on a link that has a secondary link blank page or get error browser needs updating, worked fie until first of this week. copy paste in Google Chrome works fine. but i would like what I paying for to work. give us back our old AOL until you get this **** Gold fixed doesn't seem like you even trying to fix it. Maybe I…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  34 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. PLEASE try to fix the problems we are all experiencing. It's been a year now of aggravation and wasted time for us all.

PLEASE try to fix the problems we are all experiencing. It's been a year now of aggravation and wasted time for us all. My complaint that mouse forward and backward buttons still do not work in AOL which worked fine in 9.7 was deleted several times so that others could not vote or comment. Tech Support has been no help and yes I have called several times and was told to report it here.
    Let's list more issues in addition that we are all experiencing and want fixed. Our patience has worn thin:
     1. AOL freezes up entire Internet when sending…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. IS AOL Gold not fully functional?

IS AOL Gold not fully functional? I am unable to save my email folders and messages to my computer hard drive. When I click on save to my PC I get a pop up to "save folder as" but nothing appears in which to name the file folder. I have contacted AOL tech assistance via phone but no practical resolution has been available. This important function needs to be updated as soon as possible.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  43 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop using grey print please. Very hard to read with Windows 10.

Tiny print in grey is even worse and my eyes are pretty good!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The Gold version of the software is unreliable - A huge step backward

Please address the instability issues with this software:
    *Auto sign-on works intermittently; then will sign on at one work station and not at another
    *Popups so intrusive, it is impossible to read, which waste our time
    *Failure to send mail with increasing frequency; constant Error messages; then suddenly sends two copies of everything; embarrassing to constantly apologize to clients
    *Copy and past feature of addresses in email is now gone and increases work time

Have purchased AOL for many years and kept it for consistency with my student and clients; now see it as a very poor investment and a…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As many said, yes please let us preview mail again?

If I click inbox, I don't want to see my open mail, I actually miss the old inbox I miss being able to check in on the other accounts to see how many emails they might have from the sign off... Less ads, we are paying for this, fix the address book, fix the favorites (give me back my missing faves?)... Really, the main reason for purchasing AOL Gold is so that my mother (who barely even logs on anymore and always forgets her password) doesn't lose all her pics she's saved to aol, if I'm going to continue to…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed  ·  Product Support responded

For mail preview please follow these steps:
    1. Go to mail on the top right, and select Mail Settings from the drop-down menu.
    2. Check the option “Show message preview in mail list”
    3. Changes are saved automatically.

12. Stop charging for membership until your desktop and any services you claim to provide.

You are not addressing (with any substance) any feedback, complaints or issues that are addressed in this part of the AOL DESKTOP gold. I have contacted your representatives who have remote logged on and I have expressed the issues that I have. One of the representatives also went to the feedback section and entered the issues that she obviously could not fix. Since you have changed to your New and Improved AOL Desktop Gold, you have had us reload it, update it and then reload it again. Through all of this, the Desktop continues to show a blank page for…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Place this forum on the AOL Desktop Front Page so everyone can tell you what they think of this program

AOL needs to post this request for feedback on the front page... I didn't even know we had a place to tell you what a ****** bit of software you have created with this Aol Desktop GOLD ... let everyone using this version of GOLD have a say! Then please fix this!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm tired of trying to read a news article, when I go to the next article I have to start from the very beginning

I'm tired of trying to read a news article, when I go to the next article I have to start from the very beginning

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  8 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sign in to post?

Why are you all of a sudden asking me to sign-in to post a comment when I'm already signed in AOL? I've figured a work-around, but why are you doing this in the first place? A form of censorship? (I've already written to Verizon Media about this.)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  106 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Welcome Screen Problems

Until a few days ago, when the AOL Welcome screen opens, you could scroll through the articles presented, click on a story you wanted to read. When you were finished reading the story, you clicked to close it and the AOL Welcome screen was still present. Now, when I finish reading a story, click to close it, the AOL Welcome screen disappears, you then have to click on the Welcome box in the upper left hand corned of the screen to pull it back up. This is a pain, as you now have to scroll through all of the articles…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  28 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OK. So OATH bought you out.

Since OATH bought you, new terms and agreement popped up on sign in. OK. After agreeing to terms, why does it keep popping up every time you go to sign in? Once should be enough. Petty, I know, but irritating. Just like the three step process to sign in. No wonder people keep leaving this service. I'm darn close to it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  24 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why no more changing screennames?

Why no more changing screennames?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Gold ********!!!!!!!!!

This covers everything about AOL Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AOL has completely gone to the HAWG pen with all **** and slop included...........
    9.8 version..... Please bring back. Gold still has too many issues after how many years???????? ******* SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  15 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. aol is brain dead

Has anyone working at AOL graduated high school? AOL is such a mish-mash of driblle and tripe and that it appears to be a training class for 8th grade wanna-be's......

AOL ****. If the word "maybe" and "reportedly" were taken out of the English vocabulary, AOL would be out of business.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  12 comments  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories