Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1032 results found

1. I don't even know what kind of AOL I have, whatever it is, it doesn't work for me so I avoid using it.... help

FIX AOL. Don't need fancy need basic need filing cabinet I PAY MONEY FOR AOL, MAYBE I SHOULDN'T BEEN PAYING FOREVER

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

To learn how to move emails to your personal filling cabinet (Saved on AOL or Saved on My PC) as well as creating mail folders, please check the section titled “Using Mail in the new AOL Desktop” from the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/the-new-aol-desktop-using-mail-aim-browsing-the-web

If you used a personal filling cabinet to save mail locally under the old AOL Desktop, you can import those emails to the AOL Desktop Gold, by following the steps in this help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-desktop-importing-your-personal-information

2. "Window" menu selection should show all the windows in AOL.

On the AOL desktop there can be multiple windows open. We can have the Welcome screen, the AOL mail list, maybe some open emails, maybe the address list screen, etc. It is very difficult to select a screen if it is behind another screen. The "Window" button across the top of the main desktop window should allow us to select any of the open screens. These should show as a list in the drop down menu.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can't save emails to both On My PC & On AOL

With the GOLD version, when I SAVE an email to On My PC, the email is moved not allowing me to also save it on AOL. NOT GOOD!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Emails saved in the personal filling cabinet are stored locally on your computer, and cannot be moved to folders “Saved on AOL” (located on the server).

If you want to save an email you received on both “Saved on AOL” and “Saved on My PC”, you will need to highlight the email (or open it) then click on Save on the bottom>"Save to", and first save it in a folder under “On My PC” (a copy will be saved locally and the original email will remain in the Inbox), then follow the same steps to save the email to a folder under “On AOL”.

4. I need to learn how to delete misspelled email addresses from the list of various choices when sending emails.

Also, how do I get the Categories list to be alphabetized? It used to be and now it is haphazard. The list is jumbled now. I prefer the old way.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to change the order of the address book categories is not available at the moment. We will pass it along to the AOL Desktop Gold team and they will look into this to see if they can have it fixed in a future update or release of the software.

You can edit or delete any contact that is misspelled, Click on Mail option >Address Book, click on the contact and select Edit or delete from the bottom of the window.

5. Small black search screen

For some time, and this morning in particular, I keep getting a small search screen on the middle of the picture. Don't know why or how it happens, but I'm tired of it. Probably more change for the sake of change.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Get rid of the adds, stop adds from popping up, pop up adds

I'm sooo sorry that I bought this Gold AOL! I'm sick an tired of adds popping up without even touching anything. It's slow; and you can just about read anything with all the adds on the page. Plus the SIDE SHOWS that take so long to go through with the mines of adds to go through. I don't even read them anymore! Plus, something has been bothering me since I got this gold- you said you would transfer all my favorites and you didn't (only some of them). If something doesn't change soon; I am quiting AOL! The old free…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: https://help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow down, and affect other running applications. For help with this, please refer to the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/enable-only-essential-startup-programs

To…

7. Please stop objectifying women on your home page

Please stop objectifying women on your home page about pulses racing because of plunging necklines, bikini bodies, nearly see through dresses. Some days there are about 10 in 70 pages.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Every day our editors try to create a mix of stories from hard news to entertainment to lifestyle to business and sports that will satisfy our readers. Of course, it’s difficult to match the mix perfectly to everyone’s individual tastes. We offer several other topic-focused news options on the left side toolbar that may be of interest to you, such as Lifestyle, Sports, News, Finance, and more. Also, in the sections labeled Latest Headlines, Entertainment News, Finance News, etc. on our main AOL.com page, you can choose your preferred news source from the drop-down by clicking the down arrow.

8. Make PFC on AOL Gold available.

Make PFC on AOL Gold available.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The personal filing cabinet is stored in a local database folder, which can be opened by accessing the path below in the Windows Run box (press the Windows key + R): LOCALAPPDATA\AOLDesktopData\db

The Product Engineers are working on implementing a back-up and restore option for the personal filing cabinet which will be available in a future update.

9. Can no longer increase or decrease the size of my screen as I was able to do with AOL 9.8

Please bring back the ability to stretch out or reduce the size of the screen. There are many times where 2 or 3 screens need to be seen & moved around while doing work & this is no longer able to be done. This is a necessary feature to always have!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To enlarge the screen please follow these steps:

1. Drag one of the four corners of the browser, email, mailbox windows to your desired size and position.

2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “Window” then choose “Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

10. Unhappy customer

I have been with AOL a very long time !! I have never experience the unfavorable customer service i have received from live chat 2 times they just cut me off. second one messed up my aol that I have to delete each one by one . the other two just cut me off, I am asking if you no longer want me as a customer please tell me. I have been a customer every since aol came out and stand with you when all the other stared come. I am very disappointed in your service i have received in…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

11. I tried your offer to download AOL Desktop Gold for another computer when I did the question was do you want to cancel the AOL I have?

Why do you offer: Download AOL Desktop Gold for another computer. I tried and your question was: You already have AOL, down you want to replace it? I have two PCs and I thought the offer was for the second PC?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Permanently Deleted Emails

When permanently deleting email/spam, Permanently Delete IT! I'm tired of going into the recently deleted area and finding all the ones I had already permanently deleted BACK AGAIN!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Emails deleted from your Inbox or mail folders will be moved to the Trash (or Recently Deleted) folder, where it will stay for up to 30 days before being automatically permanently deleted.

13. Local News is unavailable for any zip code although local weather does appear.

Local News is unavailable for any zip code although local weather does appear.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The engineering team is currently working to resolve this.

As a workaround, scroll down to the ‘LOCAL NEWS AND WEATHER’ section on the AOL homepage, type your zip code into the location box, and press ENTER on your keyboard, as opposed to clicking on the Save button.

14. footprints

Certain versions of AOL gold I can't find where to clear footprints.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Here’s how:

1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

15. PUTTING AOL MAIL IN SPAM FOLDER

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH "AOL" NOW ?????? WHY ARE U PUTTING MY "AOL" MAIL IN THE "SPAM FOLDER" ???????? ARE YOU ALL GOING CRAZY AGAIN ????????????????????????????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Not Spam”, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify important emails in the future. Also if you use a mobile device or email client to access your mail over IMAP, please check the Spam filters in that application, to make sure it’s not marking important emails as spam.

16. 2 step verification for log in security

I set up the 2 step verification for log in security. The first time I logged in after setup desktop gold browser ask me for a 4 digit code sent by email before i could log in which was great. The first log in procedure never ask me if i wanted my computers i use or the wifi ip address i use (not sure which) to be remembered so the next time i log in i wouldnt have to enter 4 digit code. The second time i logged into my account after the 2 step verification was set up it…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. aol desktop gold unable to launch- experience it 3x a day already uninstalled and reinstalled - did worked today but hoping it would not h

aol desktop gold unable to launch- experience it 3x a day
    already uninstalled and reinstalled - did worked today but hoping it would not have the same issue again. kindly fix asap- Thank you!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

For immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

18. COMMENTS NOT POSTING - 3RD TIME POSTING THIS

When I log into my AOL account and comment on any article in the headlines section, my comment appears to me - but DOES NOT APPEAR in my comment Profile under "Latest Activity."

The latest activity appears to be April, despite several comments and tests made since then.

This also only occurs under this account. When I log in anonymously, or under another AOL screenname & account, there is no problem, the system functions properly. So the problem is specific to this particular account.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Before posting a comment on an article, check if your Nickname is displayed on the top right corner of the comment box. If the Nickname is not displayed (your profile is not loaded), please refresh the page by pressing F5 on your keyboard. Once Nickname is displayed you can post a comment, which will show-up in your Profile.

19. All of the unaddressed issues

Since leaving feedback is getting us no where simply click report a bug (right below leave feedback) and type your issue there this MIGHT get us some results, after doing so you'll find an email from "tester" in your sent mail (we're paying to test this I guess) which has several logs attached MAYBE someone will actually start addressing our issues!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please be assured each suggestion you send to us is carefully read and evaluated by a member of our staff. We take your concerns very seriously and answer your questions and comments with the most up-to-date information available to us.

20. There are times that the welcome page shows as a blank page

There are times that the welcome page shows as a blank page. I have to sign out or switch usernames before it would actually come up. Clicking on the home button pulls up the page but it is better if it comes up automatically. All other screen names work except for the master account.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

1 2 5 7 9 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base