Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

96 results found

1. Back up and restore the Personal Filing Cabinet so that it can be transferred to a new computer!!!!!!!!!

Now you can only access the PFC on the original computer. What happens if your hard drive crashes or you get a new computer? You lose all your saved emails. You used to be able to save the Organize folder and transfer it. Bring that option back!!! Also, let users know when you add things like this through an update rather than discovering on our own.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Product Support responded

The option to Import and export your personal data to a file that can be copied to another computer is now available.

To export your personal data file, go to Edit – General Settings – My Data (tab) – click on the “Export” button, select a location where you want to save the PFC file, then click “Save”. After this you will be given the option to create a password for the personal data file.

The .export file can be moved to another computer, using an external storage device or online file storage service, and can be imported in AOL Desktop Gold, by going to Edit – General Settings – My Data (tab) – and clicking on the “Import” button (the previously created password is required).

Please note that the .export PFC file cannot be opened, and in order to access its content, you will have to use the “Import”…

2. Before Gold I was able to see emails by putting cursor on "Read" mail icon on top left side. Now, that no longer works.

Before Gold I was able to see emails by putting cursor on "Read" mail icon on top left side. Now, that no longer works and I have to open the mail box to see what they are.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is now available. If you hover the mouse over the Read icon it will show the first 10 new emails. You can check if the feature is active for you by clicking Settings > General > Toolbar > “Display Quick Views when signed on”. Also, you can set the display speed for Mail Quick View: Slow, Normal or Fast. Changes are saved automatically.

3. How about providing a progress bar when we send email with attachments.

Sometimes it seems that nothing is happening when we send an email with attachments. We could really use a progress bar.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please fix this!

Once again I sent out an email. It was extremely slow in sending, and I just discovered it went out TWICE. This has happened many times. We run a small business. This is not acceptable business practice. Please fix this! I have talked to your tech people many times about this. Either fix Gold or give us back 9.8.2.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. STOP the AOL pop up at sign on wanting me to subscribe to the "Breaking News to my inbox".....NO I DON' WANT TO SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again...STOP the all AOL pop ups at sign on, especially wanting me to subscribe to the "Breaking News to my inbox", like I want all that garbage going to my inbox.....My reply is: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO I don't want to subscribe!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Product Team wants to ensure the best possible experience, so you should no longer see the “Breaking News” pop up when signing into ADG. We appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

6. Redesign AOL Desktop Gold so that when there is a breakdown like today, we can at least access email save on our computers, like the old AOL

Redesign AOL Desktop Gold so that when there is a breakdown like today, we can at least access email save on our computers, like the old AOL DT. It's really ridiculous that DT Gold claims that we can save email to our computers, but in reality we can't see it unless we go online and log in.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. larger font for mailbox

Larger font size for the mailbox, listing new mail. It used to be larger before but it seems that after the update and it gives me option to select small, medium and large. Upon selecting large, still its to small of a font size for me. I cant read my email on mail box. Please add XL or XXL font selection.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to change the font size in your mailbox is now available.

You can now choose between four font sizes, small, medium, large and extra large. To change the font size, first open your mailbox by clicking on the ‘Read’ button on the top left, then go to ‘Mailbox Options’ on the top right, and select your desired font size from the ‘Text size’ category.

In case you do not see the Text Size option, you will need to update the AOL Desktop Gold to the latest revision. To do that, click on the Help menu on the top, select ‘Check for Updates’, and after 10-15 minutes close and re-open the software.

9. What happened to the "back to the top" button?

What happened to the "back to the top" button?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AOL GOLD JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE

I just spent an hour and forty five minutes trying to answer ONE e-mail.
    Mostly this software just runs endlessly and the screen locks up, making it completely USELESS. Nothing like going backwards.....I almost think that dial up was faster than this monstrosity. Trying to refrain from belligerence....20 years with AOL for this????? Depressing...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue is fixed in the latest revision. Please make sure you have the latest AOL Desktop Gold version by clicking the “Help” button on the top, right corner of the window, and selecting “ About AOL“ from the drop-down menu. In the middle of the “About AOL” window, you’ll see the version you have installed.

If the version is lower than 11.0.1630, keep the AOL Desktop signed in for at least 20 minutes then close and reopen the software. The update should automatically upload. If the issue persists after updating the AOL Desktop, please let us know.

11. delete all

The delete all button in spam is the first button on right. All other windows have the delete button as the first button on right. This creates confusion. Habitually I hit the furthest right button. However, in spam I delete all msgs accidentally. Is there any help to re-obtain messages once permanently deleted? HELP!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change back to the old filing system where sent e-mail stored in the on-line mail folders shows the recipient's e-mail address, not sender's

Change back to the old filing system where sent e-mail stored in the on-line mail folders shows the recipient's e-mail address, not sender's

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. paying for a service i am not receiving

I am paying $25 monthly for a service I am not receiving. I pay for AOL security, AOL gold, and Aol SMART FRIEND yet i cannot chat on games. This, i am told, is illegal to charge for services not provided.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need for Email Dictionary for Users Who Inadvertently Add Misspelled Words, Including Names!

I wrote yesterday requesting that AOL Gold users have their email dictionaries restored so that if users approve a misspelled word, they can go into their dictionaries and delete a word or name mistakenly approved so that it will not be accepted by the AOL spellcheck feature in the future. Today, I know more. If I misspell a proper noun or name and, for example, spell Dr. Yaryura, Yarura without the second "y," AOL Gold will accept the misspelled "Yarura," and I will look anywhere from rude to insulting to stupid because intelligent people in the communications field use their…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Comment#2 - How to read very old emails using AOL GOLD

Per earlier response to my 1st comment, I called Tech Support who told me the provision that I need, is not available. I was told I needed an old computer to read old emails using old AOL 9.8.2 . My old computer crashed. I now have AOL GOLD on a new computer and need to read old emails from old PFC organize files that are backed up on a flash drive. There is no provision to import old emails from old PFC organize files from a flash drive to AOL GOLD. I don't want these old emails converted to AOL…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to import a personal filing cabinet (PFC) file from an older version of the AOL Desktop, into the AOL Desktop Gold, is now available. Before following the steps below, make sure your AOL Desktop Gold is up to date.

Go to the Help menu on the top right, select ‘About AOL‘ from the drop-down menu, and make sure you have the 11.0.2102 Revision. In case you have a lower revision, click ‘Check for Updates’ from the Help menu, and after 15-20 minutes close and reopen the AOL Desktop Gold.

The ‘PFC Import’ feature allows you manually navigate to a PFC file on your computer and import data from that file. To use this new feature follow these steps:

1. Sign in to AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click the Settings icon.
    3. While in the General settings, click the ‘My Data’ tab.
    4. Click ‘PFC Import’.
    5.…

16. Why can no one log on?

why does nothing come up when I log on? there is no mail, my Favorties button is Gray

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Trying to read email. No service! Are you kidding me! Do I get a refund?

No email service! Do I get a refund since you're now charging me?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make i for I a spell check item as it was before.

i should be underlined in red when it stands alone and should be I

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. stop making changes. Finance portfolio seems to be in a loop!!!!!!!

stop making changes!!! finance portfolio is in a loop. Cannot access or signin.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories