Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. Window Size

I want to have the window positions stay the way I put them in. Right now I have to change the position every time.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

To adjust the window sizes, please follow these steps:

1. Drag one of the four corners of the window to your desired size and position.

2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “Window” then choose “Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

Please note that the option to save the window size and position will not work if the window size is set to full screen.

2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To delete multiple emails:

1. In your Mailbox window, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and then select the emails that you wish to delete.

2. Click Delete.

To delete multiple consecutive emails:

1. In your Mailbox window click the first email that you wish to delete.

2. Now, hold the Shift key down, and click the last email in the list. This will select all the emails between the first email and the last email that you have selected.

3. Click Delete.

3. What happened to the "refresh" button?

What happened to the "refresh" button?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  11 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. can't change font and font type and size for my emails.... GOLD IS TERRIBLE

can't change font and font type and size for my emails.... GOLD IS TERRIBLE

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you want to adjust the font size in the list of mail, click “Edit” on the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, select “Mail Settings” from the drop-down menu, and from the “Font and Text”“ tab select your preferred “ Font Size” from the drop-down menu (Small, Medium or Large). After selecting the Font Size the changes are saved automatically.

5. Suggestions

I see so many suggestions and feedback - are you implementing any of them? - Personally, I need the "headers" back, I would like to have the Icons for the toolbar. The speed of keyboard response is terrible. The response time on screen painting is slow. Again, I mention that this system was not fully tested before dumping it on us poor unsuspecting users. AND we are paying for it. We pay monthly and we pay in the doing things over and over because of the response time,

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send your feedback over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

6. Don't run old articles.

On 1/14/18 they ran an article on eclipse sunglasses. Only 5 months ago!
    How stupid can you get?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. aol doesn,t work it freezes over and over and your hep cannot fix it

New AOL desktop gold freezes everytime I use it , been happening this issue for almost 6 months now . My computer performance is good, it only freezes once ADG is open. already tried to ask assistance and did all the troubleshooting that needs to be done , but still not working properly, it freezes all the time .

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

8. Hi I am not able to send pictures via aol gold using picassa.

Hi I am not able to send pictures on aol gold using picassa

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try setting AOL Gold as default mail client:

2. Log in using your username and password.
    3. Click on the Settings icon.
    4. On the General tab click on the Make Default buttons to make AOL Desktop your default browser and/or email client.

9. Set Mail Signature

Where did the insert photo go on the set mail signature - Hate this new upgrade

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To add a photo in the email signature open the picture in a Photo Editor (we recommend Microsoft Paint), and after using the Selection tool to select which part of the photo you want in your signature, copy the selection using the Copy function in your photo editor, or with the CTRL+C keys on your keyboard.

After copying the photo selection go to the Set Mail Signatures option in AOL Desktop Gold, and paste the photo in the signature compose window by using the CTRL+V keys on your keyboard.

10. When all in the comments sections are "guest's", nothing is taken seriously. All comments become jokes.

When all in the comments sections are "guest's", nothing is taken seriously. All comments become jokes. Please return to a members board. What you have now is just a joke.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please bring back the option to save my preferred font style and font size ( on default settings). I am using AOL Desktop Gold

My preferred font style is comics sans (bold) and font size is 10 pt. I am trying it to save on the Mail Settings, but AOL Desktop Gold is not accepting it.But I had it before.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold and sign on
    2. Click Edit on the top left.
    3. Select Mail Settings from the drop-down menu.
    4. Go to the Font and Text tab.
    5. Select the desired font type and size.
    6. Close the window (changes are saved automatically).

12. Sub Folder for Saved on Aol

when are you going to add the function of creating subfolders under Saved on Aol. Since it is working under Saved on my pc

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, there aren’t plans to add subfolders to ADG at the moment. However, we’ll continue to monitor your feedback and keep you updated if we decide to add this feature to our roadmap.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

13. I dont like the pop up AOL "SEARCH THE WEB" every time you sign on

it is already shown on te AOL welcome page(homepage)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Default Font and size

Please, please please make whatever font and size we set our email to OUR default. We keep having to change it back, VERY IRITATING!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to change your default font type and color, please follow these steps:

1. On the top left, click on Edit.
    2. Select Mail Settings from the drop-down menu.
    3. Go to the “Font and Text” tab.
    4. From the Write Mail section use the toolbar to change the font type, size, and color.

15. What is going on with the Tool Bar? How do add or take away? Where are the icons?

What is going on with the Tool Bar? How do you add or take away? Where are the icons?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to change the toolbar icons is not available yet, but you can add, delete and move icons inside the toolbar. To add a website to the toolbar, click on the Heart shaped icon on the top right corner of the webpage and select “Add to Toolbar” from the pop-up menu. To move or delete icons from the toolbar, simply right-click on the icon and select the desired option from the pop-up menu.

In case you want to import your toolbar icons from an older version of AOL Desktop, please follow the steps from the following help article to run the Import Wizard: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-desktop-importing-your-personal-information

16. Feedback for unread and read emails

I like for the listing on the "New Emails" list be the following way:

1. The emails on the list that I've not read to be in bold type; and

2. The emails on the "New" list that I've read and clicked to be listed as "unread" to be in the light type.

This makes me able to see at with only a quick glance if I've already read it but still wanted it in the "New" list.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Due to recent adjustments to the AOL Mail platform, this feature is no
    longer available. I apologize for the inconvenience.

17. HOME PAGE

I have mentioned several times about not being able to use the local news and information for my location on the home page andof course nothing. It tells me everyday nothing to report. It has for several years been able yo.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sometimes, when you see incorrect local information (such as the news or weather for a different location) on your Welcome Screen, you may want to verify your location is correct. This can be done by making sure your correct City, State is in the top left of your Welcome Screen.
    If it is not, please click “Update Your Location” under Local News and Weather, enter your Zip Code and press Save.

If this does not work, please clear the footprints in the software and try again.
    Then try adding your Zip Code again.

We hope these suggestions will fix your issue.
    If you need further assistance, please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

18. AOL Desktop Gold (Not Responding)

AOL Desktop Gold is not responding on my computer. The issue is intermittent. I can navigate for a while and then all of the sudden it will not respond. Contacted AOL Tech Support. We run System Mechanic, still no good. Checked task manager to checked CPU usage. AOL Desktop Gold is the most highest running program on my PC. Please check this problem. Thank you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

For immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

19. improve email some emails do not arrive, email is slow, many have to be sent over

improve email, some emails do not arrive, email is slow, and many replies have to be resent because of error messages.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow down, and affect other running applications. For help with this, please refer to the following help article:https://help.aol.com/articles/enable-only-essential-startup-programs

If…

20. Stop The Comment Censoring or Do It Correctly

Comment censoring on this site has become random and arbitrary.It doesn't matter what your rules or guidelines are because they censors are ignoring them.Posts are removed that have no language or any other violations within them.Specific members are targeted sometimes across the platform.I just today had several posts removed that in no possible way could have violated any rules.This activity followed me through at least three articles.

Your people are violating member's rights.They are using their own sets of rules to choose what is removed.They often leave similar posts or posts that should be removed in favor of whomever they…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for participating in our AOL Community. Images and some comments will be flagged in our system prior to becoming public. Here are some reasons why your comments may be flagged: – Language (Examples may include: all caps, inappropriate words, etc.) – Suspicious IP – Any Image In order to create the best possible experience for everyone, we request that you abide by the AOL Community Guidelines, our core code of conduct, in all of your activities on AOL Services. For more information, please view our community guidelines: http://legal.aol.com/community_guidelines/

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base