AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sign in to post?

Why are you all of a sudden asking me to sign-in to post a comment when I'm already signed in AOL? I've figured a work-around, but why are you doing this in the first place? A form of censorship? (I've already written to Verizon Media about this.)

7th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  69 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My inbox is getting more and more COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS. I pay for AOL service, I do NOT PAY TO HAVE TO DELETE unwanted email.

My idea is for you to NOT keep sending me emails that are ADVERTISEMENTS. i'M SICK TO DEATH of money-grubbing huge multinational corporations trying so desperately to get MORE AND MORE AND MORE MONEY from me, and other people with limited incomes. It's disgusting and you people ought to be ashamed of yourselves. But of course you are not, because MONEY is all that will ever capture your attention.

6th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Put the option to opt out of interest based advertising back

AOL changed the opt out of interest based advertising. It used to be easy , now it's so complicated and doesn't actually let you have the option anymore. You used to be able to get it down to only a few, but now, with that option removed. You are subject to an average of 135 different companies tracking and targeting you.AOL doesn't care bout the customer, they are only about advertising, if we pay for AOL service, they only profit more. AOL, no longer stands for "America On Line" It's "Advertising On LIne"

18th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. news delete

Give me the option to delete your news feed, I don't need to be told how to think.

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  45 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. What's wrong with welcome page?

I log in and get this ****!!!

Aceshigh71...
    Mail
    Downloads Downloads
    Smartphone apps, free mobile apps, latest news on mobile applications and smartphones AOL App
    A listing of all AOL sites, from A to Z Discover AOL
    MyBenefits MyBenefits
    ID Theft Protection ID Theft Protection
    Travel Tips Travel Tips
    Play hundreds of free online games Games
    Favorites Favorites
    Mapquest Maps
    Tech Help Tech Help
    PC Checkup PC Checkup
    Live Help Live Help
    Refresh
    51° Vicksburg City or Zip
    Change weather location
    City or Zip
    Mail
    Aceshigh717
    News
    U.S. News
    World News
    Politics
    Sports
    Science & Tech
    Entertainment
    Celebrity
    Movies …

44th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  15 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Gold ********!!!!!!!!!

This covers everything about AOL Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AOL has completely gone to the HAWG pen with all and slop included...........
    9.8 version..... Please bring back. Gold still has too many issues after how many years????????
    *** SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I have the following problem with my account for no reason.

I keep getting asked (actually almost ordered) to add my mobil phone.number to my account. What if I don't have one? Some people don't, you know. I am 88 and don't plan to buy a smart phone..

123rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Article length

How about stating how many pages one has to click through until the final conclusion of an article. After 4-5 I give up.

55th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please keep AOL Browser Updated

Keep the AOL browser updated so I can use YouTube here.
    You Tube has been giving me this alert lately:

We’ll stop supporting this browser soon. For the best experience please update your browser.

66th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hi - I would like it if you could block emails with certain words in them.

Please allow us to block emails with certain words in them. I get about 20 emails a day that are spa but I can't block them with keywords. The email addresses with todays tech have about 20 different character combos so you can't effectively block them by selecting just the email address.

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. So when are you going to make your subscribers happy? When are we going to be able to write an e-mail with our choice of stationary?

PLEASE PLEASE bring back all the options we had for writing e-mails... the stationery, the automation. WHEN are you going to think about what your subscribers want?
    Oh, and all the pop-up!? Good heavens!!!!!

86th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "BLOCK EMAIL" made simple + easy!

PLEASE, include a "BLOCK EMAIL" option in the drop down window when an email is clicked on. Having to type in the address(es) in the current block email system is VERY tedious and they change their addresses hourly. I AM SICK-AND-TIRED of all these, "I want to have * w/ you." emails, etc. **! Make it easy!

1st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re adding more spam settings in the near future based on this type of feedback! Thanks for reaching out, so we can improve the ADG experience.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

13. Restore original AOL features and Upgrade Values of News Content

There are many issues that need to be addressed in AOL Gold and I have reached out many times to customer service. It takes 15 minutes for the program to let me sign in... My major complaint is the content in which AOL is reporting in the news feed. It is one step away from The Nat'l Enquirer. Celebrities who crave publicity and crooks who prey on children seem to spotlight the headlines. I won't bother mentioning politics since we all are aware of the bias...AOL used to give choices as to what news we need on a daily basis.…

12th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. too much

I was just trying to read the article on the young lad with a crooked smile, but there was so much other that it was hard to find the pieces of the story. Does anyone there give a about the story's readability? Does anyone read the **** that you post? Someone should.

66th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. aol really ** anymore. very slow,

aol needs to get on the ball. ** anymore. very slow. rooms not working 2 days now. might as well go out of business,

55th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove from "MY" Favorites- Chat Rooms, AOL Bennefits and AOL Premium Services. At least give us the option

Option to delete AOL Premium Services, AOL My Benefits, and Chat Rooms. These are NOT "MY FAVORITES."

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Restore being able to see the number of emails on each screen name when changing screen names

Restore being able to see the number of emails on each screen name when changing screen names. It was absurd that you removed this helpful feature just because someone whined about privacy!

8th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. AOL Return Responses – Notify Us

AOL Return Responses – Notify Us

When submitting a Bug or Feedback report, why can’t AOL send an email indicating they have responded with an answer?

Finding your responses on Feedback can be difficult and I usually don’t take the time to check, since often there are no responses. All you need to do is to link our email address, which is included in our report, to your responses.

112th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 22nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Returning Comments on Bug reported issues. When contacting AOL techs by phone on problems, they tell us to use the “Bug” link to do so. Th

Returning Comments on Bug reported issues.

When contacting AOL techs by phone on problems, they tell us to use the “Bug” link to do so. This can be hopefully helpful since so many of the AOL phone contacts are unproductive and inconsistent from one tech to another. On average, most of the phone-in tech calls’ answers to tech issues are to reinstall AOL Gold, where that often is not the solution. Their tech resolving expertise is usually very shallow. They spend more time trying to sell me a protection package than trying to find an experience supervisor to answer difficult…

169th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

I can escalate this to our engineers please provide me with additional details about the issue you are experiencing.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base