Skip to content

AOL Mail Nodin




This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

216 results found

  1. 77th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I want the real basic e-mail back, not some "new" and not improved version.

    All of a sudden I had been switched to the new mail. I switched back to basic but it wasn't what I had earlier today. There is an ad in my inbox that I can't delete. I pay for AOL. I should not be subjected to ads. Where is the drop down for me to pick which page of e-mails I want to go to. I now have to arrow through all the pages.

    People use the basic for a reason. We just want a plain e-mail. If we wanted all the bells and whistles, we'd use Outlook.

    21st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bring back the previous user interface.

    5/23/2023 Boston The previous user interface worked really well, this newer one... less so. JYS

    83rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. compose

    Why would you take away basic features like bold or underline or colors or font size, etc. These are basic features of every system, except now, yours. Make your designers actually use AOL for their email, and they will soon see how non-user friendly they have made it.

    47th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Font  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. settings

    There used to be more options for the mail. Like choosing whether to always have the BCC line or not. I chose not to have it, now I am stuck with it on every email.

    51st ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. why do we have to click twice for everything now?

    We used to be able to move something to a folder with one click. Now it takes two. We used to be able to go to settings with one click. Now it takes two. Why would anyone think this is better?

    56th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I can't find my Old mail, or Recently deleted mail. Why did you do this? This is terrible.

    I didn't ask for this. I can't find mail that I accidently deleted. I can't find my old mail. Why did you do this? The old way was working fine. This is very un-user friendly. Please give me my old email platform back.

    45th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. what happened to spell check in this horrible new setup like yahoo email format?

    changing the email format to the horrible yahoo set up is beyond comprehension... WHERE IS THE SPELL CHECK IN THE BASIC EMAIL FORMAT ..WHICH BY THE WAY IS TOTAL **** BUT THE ONLY "CHOICE" BESIDES THE NEW EMAIL FORMAT...WHICH IS SO AWFUL IT MAKES ME WANT TO SWITCH TO MY GMAIL ACCOUNT

    77th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Old Platform Preferred . It should be an option to go back to.

    I prefer what the previous platform. Unable to search e-mail and have to view previous e-mails on too many hidden pages.

    29th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hate new format. Add option to revert to old format

    I hate…..HATE your new format. How do I reset to old format?

    25th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. GET RID OF THAT TERRIBLE NEW VERSION

    First of all, what happened to the Wallpaper? Everything is WHITE and even though I switched back to the OLD Version, it doesn't look right. I cannot find the Wallpaper. That was so much fun to use it. Furthermore, I hope you don't switch to that HORRIBLE NEW VERSION permanently. If that happens, I will quite AOL and transfer everything elsewhere.

    28th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ist nicht gut !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ich möchte zurück!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Das ist der letzte Dreck, ich will das nicht!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    103rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. search

    The old version used to show which folder them emails in the search results were in. Another useful feature that you took away.

    58th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. closing mail

    You used to be able to click the top right X to close an email and leave it in the inbox for later, wherever you happened to be in the email. Now you have to scroll back up to the top to close it. Obviously no one on the design team has ever actually used this email tool.

    72nd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. RETURN to former basic mail. The new format SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    RETURN to former basic format. The new format SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    44th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. viewing mail

    Please just put back the scroll bar and get rid of the arrows that you have to push when you want to see more of your mail. Can't tell you how much I dislike the new version you stuck us with.

    48th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. deleting mail

    You used to be able to delete an email as soon as you were done reading it. Now you have to scroll back up to the top to delete it. Majorly bad idea!

    49th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. NOUVELLE VERSION

    Cette nouvelle version ne me convient pas du tout, pour plusieurs raisons (lenteur, polices de caractères, aspect, etc, etc) et je souhaite pouvoir revenir à la précédente, la "basique", svp.

    96th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. AOL RUINED MY LIFE. I'M A SENIOR CITIZEN AND I LIVE FOR MY E-MAILS. I CAN'T ACCESS MY OLD E-MAILS AND CAN'T RETRIVE THOSE THAT I HAVE SAV

    AOL RUINED MY LIFE. I'M A SENIOR CITIZEN AND I LIVE FOR MY E-MAILS. I CAN'T ACCESS MY OLD E-MAILS AND CAN'T RETRIVE THOSE THAT I HAVE SAVED IN MY FOLDERS. FORMAT IS TOO DIFFICULT FOR US OLDER FOLKS. BRING BACK THE OLD FORMAT. CUSTMER SERVICE WAS NO HELP. I NOW HATE AOL.

    63rd ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I want to go back to my classic email setting, this version isn't working for me. You have not got any formatting in the 'Compose' email tab

    I want to go back to the Classic Format of my inbox. You do not have any formatting choices or anything on this new inbox. I don't like it and I want to use the classic version. Why can't I find anything in settings to set up how to compose an email. Not happy at all.

    30th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?